GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 4,035 comments

Do you like your car?

• My car is the best, much better than anyone else's!

Votes: 475 34.8%
  • Yep, it always starts, doesn't cost much, and I like it.

Votes: 564 41.3%
  • Well, it's kinda rusting, driving is kinda scary at times,doesn't look too good.

Votes: 68 5.0%
  • It's in the junkyard, or will be soon.

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • Car? what car?

Votes: 245 17.9%

• Total voters
I drive a 1995 audi A4 1,8.

It's ok. It's cheap and always starts. No significant rust and the gearbox is still pretty smooth (manual, of course). It's done nearly 300000 km. Guzzles a bit much gas, but I'll live.

@ScarFace88, how do you like your Crown Vic? I like them quite a bit myself and would be interested in getting one as a secondary car, but have never had the chance to drive or ride in one.
I actually like it quite a bit. It has enough room on the inside (I'm 6'2 with short legs) unless you're in the back seat, which has a disappointing amount of legroom for a car that's bigger than an S-Class. Driving experience wise, I'd describe the police package and handling and performance package cars as being a bigger Mustang GT with four doors and a slightly more technologically advanced rear suspension (live axle with a Watts Link). The steering is still somewhat numb and light when compared to the SC400 I had previously, but it's not horrible. Ford did change the frame design in 2003 and it's supposed to have better handling and steering feel (they switched to rack and pinion), but I've never driven a newer one. It's been pretty reliable, only needing two serious repairs (alternator and electric fan) in the four years I've had it. All in all, I think it's a pretty good car.

-> Still love my Trina (formal name) / Tuna (tease name):

Chillin at the Car Park
1441504_4797286906905_722633279933281656_n.jpg

Sitting-in with the Big Boys (LFA & S-Class)
1897935_4018204070321_2249929211855214333_n.jpg

:)

I drive a 1995 audi A4 1,8.

It's ok. It's cheap and always starts. No significant rust and the gearbox is still pretty smooth (manual, of course). It's done nearly 300000 km. Guzzles a bit much gas, but I'll live.
I love to hear about such cars, reliable and loved cars that try not to die before their owner does. That is my favourite type of vehicle :)

I love to hear about such cars, reliable and loved cars that try not to die before their owner does. That is my favourite type of vehicle :)
My brother had it before me, and it did need a few repairs. I spent about 1000 bucks on new parts and then my dad did the repairs himself and that was all I spent on this thing :P.

I hope it hasn't gotten too messed up from the salt over this last winter though (it's mainly been used on unsalted roads the last 5 years). I might pay for an anti rust treatment before next winter if it's still good. That should keep it on the road an additional two years.

It also idles a bit dirty, but I've got a few ideas to fix that. If I just can find the time to do it...

I got a 2005 Impala after I wrecked my '04 Altima when a Hummer decided to put its tailgate on my hood. (in other words, rear ended the hummer)

I was a bit weirded out by how the car was at first, with the column shifter and the heavy, yet floaty feel to the steering. After I got used to it, I fell in love with the way it drove. The suspension is soft, comfortable and still responsive even after 144k miles. The engine runs like new without any issue and the outside looks mostly new except for the hubcap covers looking rotted and a few dents and rust spots. For a big, heavy FWD, it's pretty agile.

It runs like new, pretty much. My father loves the car just as much as me and said he'd buy it in a hearbeat if he could. The horn is...just a tad funky :lol:

For an older American sedan, my Impala was built pretty dang well.

I just paid off the loan a few weeks ago and got the title last week so I feel proud now.

Photos of it pre purchase:
(note, I replaced the headlights after purchase)
2014120295133147.jpg
2014120295133138.jpg

I have a 2002 Audi 4.2 A6 which is basically an RS6 without the Turbo. It has the RS6 wheels, wider stance, wider fenders, and I lowered it also. It also has Monza Exhaust tips with silencers and it sounds like an Audi R8. :lol:I may get a turbo for it, but I'm not sure if I want to do that, or sell it to get a newer Audi RS4.

2005 C230 Kompressor. It has 189 raging horses with a 1.8 liter supercharged L4. Bought the car May of last year with 72k miles, one owner no accidents. Just reached over 86k now. Nice little power plant. Has more than enough power for me!
10257560_512085745557796_2767690986606377810_o_zpsqhtjkn4x.jpg

Need some advice guys. Have got my eye on a VW Golf GTi mk6. I've always wanted one but since I'm a tight arse with money I've never bothered. But the urge is ever increasing! I'm just a little worried with the mileage.. Here are some details.

2010 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI
18" Monza II Alloys
Tornado Red, Sun Roof
90k miles
Full VW service history

It is in immaculate condition I'm just worried that I'm being silly with the miles on the clock.

Mileage means nothing if it's been serviced and looked after. I bought my car at 83K and it's now at 101K and it's no different.

Yes it has been serviced at regular intervals. I guess it's on mind cause my cupra has only 78k and is older.

Need some advice guys. Have got my eye on a VW Golf GTi mk6. I've always wanted one but since I'm a tight arse with money I've never bothered. But the urge is ever increasing! I'm just a little worried with the mileage.. Here are some details.

2010 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI
18" Monza II Alloys
Tornado Red, Sun Roof
90k miles
Full VW service history

It is in immaculate condition I'm just worried that I'm being silly with the miles on the clock.

Depends how much its going for, you can get one with under 50k for around £12k.

Edit: Also check to see if the timing belt has been changed.

E36 M3 Evo. 96 model, 6 speed manual, estoril blue over grey cloth/alcantara, in pristine condition.

Couldn't think of another car I would rather own for the money.

Next car will be a 996 GT3 mkII...

1986 Porsche 944 2.5 na Auto 3 speed (first car who really cares). My next car will be a manual though.

Last edited:
I have just bought a 2000 Volkswagen Golf MKIV 1.6.
Has had a new gearbox, new alternator, spark plugs, leads, new exhaust system with a nice tip for a bass rumble, Audi TT wheels, upgraded and lowered suspension and German style pressed plates. Will get some pics when it's light.

I'm 20 and I can't even afford a basic set of alloys. What the hell kinda money do you have?!

/impressed
Three years younger than you dude. Honestly man it's all about the connections you make and the type of cars. I can't afford to build or maintain a STI/Evo obviously or build up a KA24DE 240SX. With Honda chassis you could build something intensely Japanese yet for the price you pay on a JDM import. See Stickydiljoe, NO GOOD RACING etc.. you'll get why Hondas are big in Japan.

Three years younger than you dude. Honestly man it's all about the connections you make and the type of cars. I can't afford to build or maintain a STI/Evo obviously or build up a KA24DE 240SX. With Honda chassis you could build something intensely Japanese yet for the price you pay on a JDM import. See Stickydiljoe, NO GOOD RACING etc.. you'll get why Hondas are big in Japan.
Gotcha. I just drive a generic Impala. Love it, but there's basically no aftermarket support for the 3400 series (GM internally called it the LA1) engine.

Gotcha. I just drive a generic Impala. Love it, but there's basically no aftermarket support for the 3400 series (GM internally called it the LA1) engine.

honestly man anything can be cool as long as you know what you can do for it. even a generic Impala could be made something amazing. There's someone in Washington with a Crown Interceptor rolling on Volk RE30s and bags.

honestly man anything can be cool as long as you know what you can do for it. even a generic Impala could be made something amazing. There's someone in Washington with a Crown Interceptor rolling on Volk RE30s and bags.
I was talking performance wise. I'm not much of a cosmetics person. :P

Back