GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 4,035 comments

Do you like your car?

• My car is the best, much better than anyone else's!

Votes: 475 34.8%
  • Yep, it always starts, doesn't cost much, and I like it.

Votes: 564 41.3%
  • Well, it's kinda rusting, driving is kinda scary at times,doesn't look too good.

Votes: 68 5.0%
  • It's in the junkyard, or will be soon.

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • Car? what car?

Votes: 245 17.9%

• Total voters
Originally posted by LoudMusic

Yea, but the insurance on the 4-door is like half what it would be on the coupe, especially for someone your age. Stick with the cheap stuff until you drop into a lower insurance bracket.

~LoudMusic

Yeah that's true, i love my car :)

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/jc/images/93accord_exr.jpg

http://www.gage-auto.com/ga010201/med_0018.jpg

Something like those two.

The color is really a brownish thing. They call it "Rosewood brown". It's nice. Fully loaded ... and surprisingly, everything still works (: You know, it's amazing. Take care of your stuff and it'll last. I can't seem to get that point across to some of my friends.

~LoudMusic

Okay - it's the model before the one I was thinking - but that one was a good model - I think it was the first Accord that actually went properly!

Originally posted by ZeroCool85

Yeah that's true, i love my car :)

That's why I've been driving the car I've got now. The insurance is so much cheaper. Otherwise I'd probably have an MR-2 or a 2nd Gen RX-7 to play with. I'd rather save my money for things more important ... like computers (:

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by vat_man

Okay - it's the model before the one I was thinking - but that one was a good model - I think it was the first Accord that actually went properly!

My sister has a `95. Two thumbs down. My parents have a full maxed out `98. Thumb and a half up. I still like my `93 the best. It's simple things like ... the lock knobs go all the way down to flush with the top of the windowsill on the doors. They don't do that anymore - how stupid. But my parents' car is quite tha`bomb. I say "parents' car" because my dad had a company car most of his life, then when he retired ... they bought a store, so no money for the second car. Crazy old people ... cars come first!! (:

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by MazKid

Well, the US models(not just Subarus) try to look all sporty and stuff, but are usually toned down cars from Europe and the like.
Example: Mitsubishi Lancer
In Europe:270+ HP, 4WD Evolution
In US:120 HP, FF, OZ racing edition, that is advertised as a higher performing car than the regular one(you'd be dumb to race it) :rolleyes:

I suppose that's similar to the WRX - I never realised the US didn't get that model, that you instead got the Impreza RS with the 2.5 litre out of the Liberty/Legacy (love that motor) which they've just released here.

The WRX has its own issues here (ie. ridiculous insurance and high theft rates), and I would never had considered one, but the RS might make an interesting car - I'm not a big fan of turbo motors, but that little car with a bigger NA motor is intriguing.

My Liberty goes quite well with the 2.5 and I'd be interested in how it went with 150kg less car to haul about.

We have the WRX here too, it's just we don't get the STI.

Seems like the rest of the world gets more cars then the US. I wish I could import a car or 2, but it's not going to happen.

I'm not generally a fan of white cars, but I have a theory that it works well on simple shapes (especially with aggressive detailing like big inlets in front airdams like the S2000) - and your thing is a good example of white working well, especially with the contrast of the black front airdam - it's a pity they did they gun-metal grey, rather than a true silver.

I'm not generally a fan of white cars

Neither am I...:D

it's a pity they did the gun-metal grey, rather than a true silver.

True. I love silver cars, but I'm not too fond of the "silver" on the S2000's...:nervous: I'm REALLY not fond of that new color for the S2000 they came out with....Suzuka Blue, is the color's name I beleive...

I'll post a pic of it in a sec if I can find it on the Honda site...

We had a Vectra in silver, and it was a great, pale silver, contrasted brilliantly with the dark plastic trim (front airdam, rubbing strip and front/rear bumper trip).

We decided on the blue for the Super Sube, and it's a great colour (changes in the light like some of the older BMW darker colours) but we must have the dustiest garage in Sydney - it's a bastard to keep clean.

I was thinking about the silver, but the previous model's silver was almost a pearl finish, so we went with the blue - and then find the silver is now a true metallic, which of course the Subaru looks fantastic in. D'oh!

Oh well, the blue looks good after I wash it - for about a week...

My mom drives a '92 silver/blue 2 tone MPV, and it's one of the best looking vans I've ever seen. the colors are both matallic, and go together really well.

The red on my 323 is fading slightly, from not being waxed reguarly. Although, I'm pretty sure red is the most common color on the car, but the other colors aren't much better.

I'm not a fan of red or white cars. I do, however, like the silver/gray that they used on the S2000. It looks good with the red interior. I don't think a true silver would have looked so good on that shape of body. And yes, the new blue is butt ugly. What were they thinking?

The Honda Oddessy is the best looking van ever made. No questions.

~LoudMusic

Any car that Ive ever owned, Ive fixed up, made better, faster and tighter handling because I hate stock. :P
I guess you could call my ford a beater, but I still keep it mechanically sound and wash and wax.
Any car is what you make of it.
Mazkid, your 323 is a good car and wouldve been a good run for my 83 Honda. ;) It had 60 hp and weighed about 1900 lbs, so it was redlined everywhere it went.
You may not be able to do much for the performance aspect of the car, but there are suspension goodies for your car in the after market to make that 323 handle like a porsche. :D
Good luck with it and maintenance, maintenance, maintenance.

Don't know if this has been posted before, but I'd like to see what everyone drives.

I will be driving an '88 Mazda 323 SE hatchback. My dad put 323 LX alloy rims on it, and other little stuff to make it better. We bought it from my uncle, and my dad used it as a winter car(RX-7s aren't too good in the snow), and it's a perfect car for me. I already have a few factory mods in mind, electric mirrors, GT grill, maybe exust, and an equilizer(it will fit where the tape deck is now, and I won't ever listen to tapes).

Here's some stats:
FF drive
82 HP(will kill Geo metros!)
2000 Lbs or so
0-60 in an estimated 10 seconds(allright, it's not a road rocket, I know)
4-speed auto(with reverse problems, going to be fixed by my dad in a week or so)

Here it is:
323good%20copy.jpg

So, what are you driving?

And a poll on how you think of your car.

:lol: Hey, your 323 specs out like my old Tercel...

I have a 98 Integra RS 5 speed. I don't have any pictures of it, but I'm sure you've all seen Integras before. :P

I don't know if I'm going to do any mods. My dad doesn't like mods for some reason. I might get K&N filters, maybe an exust. It is an automatic though, and my dad doesn't want to replace a fine trans, even though it doesn't go into reverse, but that will be fixed in several days.

As for handling, my brother already tested it. His car was down, so he had to drive the 323. I went with him to several places, and coming up to a light, he wasn't paying attention, and saw the red and slammed the brakes. All wheels locked(no ABS), and the car stopped real quick. We also went on a highway, and got of via a clover leaf exit. speed limit on it was 25, we went 50(my dad never goes above 45 in his probe, so this was pretty fast. It made it though the corner, which with my brother is a good thing.

It's a great first car.

Any other dsm owners here? I have a 1990 Talon Tsi AWD. Mods:
Big 16g Ported and Clipped
Ported 95 exhaust man
Ported O2 housing
MBC @ 16psi pump gas
K&N filter w/ hacked MAS
Apexi N1 catback, RRE 2.5"/3" after flex downpipe, 3" test pipe
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Bunch of gauges, boost, egt, 02, ect

Soon to come:
supra MKIV smic with uicp and licp
550cc injectors
Apexi SAFC
TMO Datalogger
AFPR

Originally posted by jrb1028
Any other dsm owners here?

Not me, but a friend of mine has a 1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD with an 18g turbo, huge FMIC, huge injectors, and a bunch of other stuff, and it's extremely fast!:eek: I also met a kid at a fair once who had a '96 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T(too bad it wasn't a GSX) FWD with a 18g turbo, and bigger fuel injectors(that's all he told me he had). It was fast from a roll, but from a stop he couldn't get traction worth $h1t!:lol: I also know a kid who works at Car Toys in Tulsa, OK, and he has a '92 Eagle Talon TSi AWD with an 20g turbo @ 22psi(from a roll, that thing would slam you into the back of your seat when you punch the gas, from a stop too), short throw shifter, large FMIC, like a 200+ shot of Nitrous Oxide, SSR GT3 wheels, Nitto NT-555DR's, and a bunch of other mods mostly done to the engine. He has time slips where it ran really low 12's without the nitrous oxide being used:eek: Very impressive little car. I love the AWD launch of the AWD TSI's and GSX's too....:)

GS-t's are extremely fast from a rolll, will take awd anyday. But awd will take anything from a stop. To bad awd transmissions lose like 15-18% hp. I wouldnt mind having an electronic controlled lsd so i can switch to rwd on the fly :) I doubt that person had a 200 shot of nitrous, maybe like a 100 shot on a wet system for a dsm. I to was looking at 18g turbos for my car but for the price it wasnt worth it and a 20g isnt good on the streets which is where i primarily race at. Well maybe a 20g and a 50shot of nos to spool it up would be good on the streets but I didnt win the lottery yet so ill stick with my B16g.

My 1995 200sx Se-R. The wheels shall be gone later this year (they were on the car when I bought it. I don't care for them, too heavy)
22016224UaBvkqzluZ_ph.jpg

And this is my dad's car, which will be mine someday (i hope).
21390987WfdXhRQgQo_ph.jpg

Both cars are modified.

So, you got a bit of a Nissan family? All of our cars are modded.....but with options rather than performance parts. My brother's done the most on his MX-6 GT. He has a digi dash from Canada, 626 5-door GT winter wheels, MX-6 GT wheels with Nitto tires, CD player, RX-7 aluminum spare tire, grill with fog lights or driving lights from Holland(you can change the lights), today he got Euro signal lights(Euro ones are clear), and a lot of other stuff. We have a parts collection in the basement, and my brother's only 18 :eek: . My parents want to get rid of all the stuff. :rolleyes:

We have the WRX here too, it's just we don't get the STI.

Seems like the rest of the world gets more cars then the US. I wish I could import a car or 2, but it's not going to happen.
yeah and Canada plays follow the leader

I'm not a fan of red or white cars. I do, however, like the silver/gray that they used on the S2000. It looks good with the red interior. I don't think a true silver would have looked so good on that shape of body. And yes, the new blue is butt ugly. What were they thinking?

The Honda Oddessy is the best looking van ever made. No questions.

~LoudMusic
if i ever had to buy a minivan that would be the one .........i don't like white or red cars either .......one exception is Ferrari obviously .....they're the only cars that deserve to be red .....all the other red cars scream cheapness

Thanks for saying red cars look cheap! :rolleyes: :D J/K

Loud-I was saying that, at the time(early 90s), the MPV looked better than most vans. The Previa I always thought looked like a rolly polly(pill bug), the Quest was the same as the Villiger, Caravan was squared, Odessy was pretty plain.

Now, I like the Odessy a lot, but with a new, 200hp MPV on the way this spring, I'd say that I would like it a lot. The MPV is smaller than the odessy, but I like the options. The rear windows are powered and slide down like the front windows, rear seat flips back, so you can sit out the back during a picnic, it's got a good ride and the CD player is great. Best of all, it's actually a Mazda instead of a Ford(the Tribute is a Ford,with Mazda styling and has so many problems, engines going out at 200mi, trans going at 80mi, it's sad).

as you guys probably know by now, I drive a Mazda MX3SE. There's a pic that shows a lil bit of it, mostly the driverside window and me, in the leather/auto thread.. it's my baby. It's my dream car, given I have a limitation of about 10k bux. (and cars in the US) If I had that or beyond, (without getting into high-dollar cars), my dream car is a 3rd gen. RX7. If you look hard enough, you can find them for right around 11k.
~note im in the US, so those are in USD.. to everybody that posted a pic of their ride, niiiice :)

Back