GTP Nurburgring Weekly Challenge Week 7: Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71!

• Thread starter rosckolove
  • 318 comments
Nice time guys. I just finished updating. Let me know if I made any mistakes or missed anything. And I agree with Ed_Night about a 7:10 being possible so keep on lappin!

I believe club Time Trial events have draft forced to Strong, so if 2 or more people are in at the same time, the results could get ... interesting. That's the main reason we've shyed away from them in the GTP_WRS club.

To answer the questions about offline vs online, in WRS we like to think of the slower online laps being due to the fuel weight. If you run the tank out of gas online and then pit for tires only, you're usually capable of matching your offline times.

Not sure I'll have time for this one, but the GTO is hard to resist. :eek:

Posted a 7:37.455 to the online club. No oil change, no ABS, no TC, G27 with H-shifter in cockpit mode.

Nice job without using ABS. I'm sorry if I didn't specify earlier, and I'll make sure I add it to the OP. But you CAN change the oil. Infact just assume an oil change is always allowed.

I believe club Time Trial events have draft forced to Strong, so if 2 or more people are in at the same time, the results could get ... interesting. That's the main reason we've shyed away from them in the GTP_WRS club.

To answer the questions about offline vs online, in WRS we like to think of the slower online laps being due to the fuel weight. If you run the tank out of gas online and then pit for tires only, you're usually capable of matching your offline times.

Not sure I'll have time for this one, but the GTO is hard to resist. :eek:

Hey Gravitron. I have the time trial event setup to "race alone" all you see of others is blue lines, so I don't think draft is an issue. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

And this event is open until the end of Sunday so you have plenty of time to post a lap!

In 2nd session I made 7'12.208.
Sorry @Ed_Night :)

I might get 7'11 but 7'10 hmm...

Nice job jammy. I'll update the OP now.

Nice job without using ABS. I'm sorry if I didn't specify earlier, and I'll make sure I add it to the OP. But you CAN change the oil. Infact just assume an oil change is always allowed.

Yeah, I'm one of those strange purists that doesn't change the oil until the light comes on. :dunce: However I do have a prize GTO from a past Seasonal event I'll use. Should give me another second off my time! :crazy:

@jammy21 Nice job, I just noticed you beat the time on the Nurburgring Laptime Leaderboard. I'm going off memory but I think it was a 7:13 on that board.

Hopefully we can breathe a little life back into that thread.

Quite a challenge :eek: the car feels on the edge most of the lap, really thrilling lap. At 7'23.906, after 2 laps. Really tired so will try again tomorrow.
May I suggest two tyre compounds for this combo to make it more accesible to drivers of all levels? We could have one ranking for SH and another for SS...

Quite a challenge :eek: the car feels on the edge most of the lap, really thrilling lap. At 7'23.906, after 2 laps. Really tired so will try again tomorrow.
May I suggest two tyre compounds for this combo to make it more accesible to drivers of all levels? We could have one ranking for SH and another for SS...

The challenge this week is to take a little bit of a tail happy car around the ring. Not every week will be easy. All it takes is some practice. Some cars are going to feel on edge no matter what tires are on them. Take the WRS's recent (or current) combo with the Stratos. Some weeks are just going to be harder than others. So the question is, who can make the best of it?

I'm up for suggestions entirely. But I'm absolutely against changing a spec in the middle of the week, especially one that would require two leaderboards for one car. The challenges are only a week long, and next week will be a much more manageable combo. And ill be keeping in mind the bit of problems some are having, and try to eliminate that as much as possible. (with next week's surprise addition this problem will be all but solved)

You mentioned you only did 2 laps. And still ran a 7:23. I think you should give yourself a little more credit than you are.

I hope this doesnt deter you, or any others from participating.

Any feedback/suggestions are welcome ofcourse, as after all this is suppose to be for all of us. Not just me. And if I'm overuled, I'm overuled.

P.S. The car isn't hard to drive, it's just a challenge to drive it fast. Make the best of it!

Last edited:
@roamer2629 Based on how bad you beat me in the 430 Scuderia event I know you have a much faster time on the way. 👍
He is always fast around here. :bowdown: But he may have had an advantage there. :D

Tried it in AC...nope!

Attachments

• 2015-10-20_00009.jpg
    2015-10-20_00009.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 2015-10-20_00008.jpg
    2015-10-20_00008.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 2015-10-20_00007.jpg
    2015-10-20_00007.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 2015-10-20_00006.jpg
    2015-10-20_00006.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 2015-10-20_00005.jpg
    2015-10-20_00005.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 23
Ok @Gravitron I'm an idiot what is AC?

What advantage? (inside joke I assume) other than being much faster?

I checked out the pics that is what I did for over 30 minutes until I figured not lifting all the way off the throttle is a game changer and of course short shifting helped with the turbo surge. Once you figure it out its not too bad.

Last edited:
If any consolation this combo is not easy for me either - most of the laps are red lapped only few clean ones.

@RS__96__oO Your home track :) Interested?

I'm not much about that kind of thing. I just love the track and like to driving on it with almost any car.
@jammy21 Nice job, I just noticed you beat the time on the Nurburgring Laptime Leaderboard. I'm going off memory but I think it was a 7:13 on that board.

Hopefully we can breathe a little life back into that thread.

Edit: BTW my break balance is 5/6 with ABS 1.

Last edited:
The car is suppose to be ran stock, including the brake balance. :indiff: unless that isn't caught by a tuning prohibited lobby?

Last edited:
It is allowed even with tuning prohibited. Break balance and power limiter is only ones that could be change.
The car is suppose to be ran stock, including the brake balance. :indiff: unless that isn't caught by a tuning prohibited lobby?

Edit: So what we do? All stock and no break balance change?

Last edited:
Glad to hear on the BB! It may be enough help to help rein in some of the more difficult cars on their stock tires in the future?

It was his combo. 👍 So he had a couple extra km's.

We had to detune to make 'er sane online. :crazy:

Oh yea! It reminds me that was my 1st event back after being out and there were only 2 days left. I don't think it would make any difference based on the results of last weeks NSX event. :lol:

Last edited:
The challenge this week is to take a little bit of a tail happy car around the ring. Not every week will be easy. All it takes is some practice. Some cars are going to feel on edge no matter what tires are on them. Take the WRS's recent (or current) combo with the Stratos. Some weeks are just going to be harder than others. So the question is, who can make the best of it?

I'm up for suggestions entirely. But I'm absolutely against changing a spec in the middle of the week, especially one that would require two leaderboards for one car. The challenges are only a week long, and next week will be a much more manageable combo. And ill be keeping in mind the bit of problems some are having, and try to eliminate that as much as possible. (with next week's surprise addition this problem will be all but solved)

You mentioned you only did 2 laps. And still ran a 7:23. I think you should give yourself a little more credit than you are.

I hope this doesnt deter you, or any others from participating.

Any feedback/suggestions are welcome ofcourse, as after all this is suppose to be for all of us. Not just me. And if I'm overuled, I'm overuled.

P.S. The car isn't hard to drive, it's just a challenge to drive it fast. Make the best of it!
I hope we are staying on the same track, I would like to learn this track in a variety of cars. For me it is a learning curve on a track like this to not have traction control and active steering, eventually I want to get to a point where I do not need them or have to rely on them to have a good lap time.

My current time may be my final time. I made no improvement tonight and I spent a lot more time restarting instead of driving. :irked:
Welcome to my world. :lol:

I like this idea. I probably won't have time to run this one but if slightly slower car (ehm ... CSL ... ehm) comes up I'll be up for the challenge. A touring car would be fun too. The current Quick Match event reminded me how much fun the Opel Astra is.

I like this idea. I probably won't have time to run this one but if slightly slower car (ehm ... CSL ... ehm) comes up I'll be up for the challenge. A touring car would be fun too. The current Quick Match event reminded me how much fun the Opel Astra is.

I knew it wouldn't take long for the rats to find a way in :D

Posted online time of 7:35.266 with oil change. 2 second improvement.

For kicks I ran this offline and got 7:32.062 (3 sec improvement). The lap wasn't my best.

And for double kicks I ran this with SRF on and grip reduction "low" and got below:

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Back