GTP Nurburgring Weekly Challenge Week 7: Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71!

• Thread starter rosckolove
  • 318 comments
Tonight I ran a few laps in the online event in hopes of it helping me reset how aggressive I was driving. It worked, it was not near the restart fest as last night.

I also realized I was way too focused beating my ghost (turning it off was not enough because I would get distracted by the marker). I beat my old time twice tonight and both times it was on a "virgin" lap of a session.

New best lap time 7'19.587

Nice improvement guys. I'm a bit busy now but in a few hours I'll have time to update everything and get some laps in

I ran a 7:09.4xx but I think 3 wheels went off as I approached the straight, which would have cost me a bunch of time anyway so if that's the case no biggie. I gotta review the replay once I get home. I run bumper cam and didn't have time to review as I was in a hurry.

Also, in order for your lap to be eligible for the Nurburgring Laptime leaderboard you would have to use the stock brake balance of 5 5.

Ill keep this in mind for future events and set restrictions accordingly. I apologize for overlooking that.

Edit: reviewed the 7:09 but it was to close to call, there for I just assumed it was a dirty lap and ran another.

7:08.294 with 5/5 brakes.

Updating times now.

Last edited:
@Middy run a few complete laps it gets way easier.

So what's a good time for you guys on a Saturday or a Sunday to meet up and get a couple races in?

15%2B-%2B1

Nice job @lBt_33. In only 2 Laps that's damn good. I'm sure you could gain much more time with a few more laps. ;)

Updated.

Still a couple days left for anyone who wants to update their time.

I could gain 2,3 or 4 seconds, not much... I was very sure and constant in the first lap, maybe I will retest and set a 7.08 maybe

It's the Nurburgring. You never stop improving.

So no one answered...

When is a good time in the next couple days for us to meet up and have a race with the current weeks car? I think it might need to be detuned a bit to promote easier and closer racing between all of us. But anyway. Let me know guys.

New best lap
@roamer2629 nice lap 👍, I knew this was coming.

I wish you and @Gravitron would stop teasing me. :lol:

I should be focused on learning how to turn a decent lap around Bathurst instead of having delusional thoughts of trying to beat you two.

@rosckolove I have an unusual schedule which usually does not overlap with most people. (available from 03:00 GMT / 22:00 CST to 09:00 GMT/ 04:00 CST most days)

Maybe we should start by knowing what works best for you and see how that fits for the people who are interested?

Are you thinking of a quick sprint or longer race that would require pit stops/ strategy? The 24hr. layout may give more "clean" passing opportunities, not that I need to worry about that.

My schedule is pretty much open. I figured we could run a couple quick sprints. Nothing over the top. Unless there was interest for it?

Set a new best time tonight of 7'18.935. I almost threw this one away at the last corner and the lap before was going to be better until I put 3 tires off at the Stefan Bellof S section.

I have the pace to do a 7'17.xxx if I can just make it to the finish line.

I can attach the ghost lap replay if verification is needed. (Since I just squeaked ahead of Gravitron and Roamer)

New best lap 7'18.082.

Botched the last corner again & worse than before, for sure it cost me that 7'17.xxx I was hoping for. :banghead:

Try again tomorrow night :crazy:

Question to the aliens: Do you ever use 1st gear?

I'm no alien but I'll answer anyway. No, I don't use first gear.

I'll add your time to the list shortly, and remember guys today is the last day to submit a time.

I'll be announcing Week #3's combo in the next hour or two so stay tuned!

Now I'm off to see if i can beat @RS__96__oO 's awesome time.

Last edited:
I'm not alien but I'll answer anyway. No, I don't use first gear.

I'll add your time to the list shortly, and remember guys today is the last day to submit a time.

I'll be announcing Week #3's combo in the next hour or two so stay tuned!

Now I'm off to see if i can beat @RS__96__oO 's awesome time.
Do you need the lap for verification?

I don't need it for verification I know you can run that time legit.

However it would be cool if you uploaded it for others to see if they wanted?

I need to get a thumb drive for that reason. I lost mine.

I may not have time to give it another go before the day ends unfortunately.

Last edited:
So guys for Week #3 we are going to try something a little different in the form of running 2 combo's. Hopefully this will promote more participation as everyone's preferences are different and some find certain cars a little difficult or just un-enjoyable to drive. One will purposefully be a little easier to handle, while still trying to maintain a nice balance for all to enjoy. I ask for everyone participating to please try and post a laptime for both combo's as to not leave one with low attendance, I would appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else would too. I would also like everyone's input on this idea to ensure this remains enjoyable for all. So that's enough talking, let's get to the good part!

Week #3 IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

Spec #1:

Car:
RE Amemiya RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
Tuning: Prohibited
Tires: Sport Hards
Oil Change: Allowed
Brake Balance: Adjustable

Spec #2:

Car:
Camaro SS '10
Tuning: Prohibited
Tires: Sport Hards
Oil Change: Allowed
Brake Balance: Non Adjustable

Remember the Camaro will be eligible for the Nurburgring Laptime Leaderboard. I'll post the HP/weight specs later when I get home, unless someone can supply them for me (w/ oil change included). Times cannot be submitted until the start of Monday US EST.

Hopefully I will have time tonight to have a go at @RS__96__oO's awesome laptime. Either way I must say congratulations on the great lap.

@Middy @Gravitron @RuddRacer @Harsk100 @SVPSkins @jammy21 @roamer2629 @Ed_Night @SilverSE102 @Thomas2012 @ukmalb @cjr3559 @Mr. Apex

Last edited:
@rosckolove here are the Camaro specs with oil change: 447bhb 505pp 1755kg.

Do I have this correct? Previous weeks event ends at 24:00 Sunday night and new event begins at 00:01 Monday morning. I think Eastern US standard time is GMT -4?

Back