GTP Nurburgring Weekly Challenge Week 7: Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71!

  • Thread starter Thread starter rosckolove
  • 318 comments
  • 23,186 views
Monday 4:01 GMT is the start time for Week #3.

I just got home a bit ago and gave the GTO it's last go. I was up 1.2xx on my ghost only a few sectors in and then the gap would get smaller and smaller. I never made it past the karrusell without crashing or Falling behind my ghost. And time has run out.

Again, great job on that lap RS. Very impressive. Congrats on the top leaderboard spot.

I'm double checking the spec of the cars now and updating the OP in a bit.. But, stock with just an oil change and you are good to go, just make sure you reset all of the stock settings if you purchased the car some time ago as one of the updates changed default settings quite a bit.

Thank you all for participating!
 
Last edited:
If time permits, will the online club events be updated for week 3?


Please and thank you! :gtpflag:
 
Awesome car selection, tried it with the camaro '10 straight from the dealership. I had a few run offs (need to ease up on the throttle :dunce:), but I was able to make a complete lap without going off. I'll definitely be giving this combo a go, I want to get under the 8 minute mark.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 36
I'll have time later today to update the club and leaderboard.

@MclarenGT it's too late to run the GTO, that event ended yesterday.

Double check your RX7 time. It's seems a bit off. 👍

And remember ABS is the only aid allowed.
 
I just did quick test this week combos.

Camaro: 7'37.096
-5th and 6th gears :)

RX-7: 7'25.691
-very nice
 
The device I'm currently on isn't very compatible with the forums so I won't be able to update the leaderboards until tomorrow, I apologize for that.

@cjr3559 I will also get the club updated tomorrow as well.

Good luck everyone!
 
I can't upload the lap at the moment, as I'm currently in the netherlands. Maybe I will upload my laps to my YouTube Channel in the future :)
 
And remember ABS is the only aid allowed.

That lap I did was with everything off except ABS and driving line and no oil change. Wanted to get a feel for both cars before I do the oil change, so is driving line banned now?
 
I'll have time later today to update the club and leaderboard.

@MclarenGT it's too late to run the GTO, that event ended yesterday.

Double check your RX7 time. It's seems a bit off. 👍

And remember ABS is the only aid allowed.
The RX7 laptime I set was done on my first laptime,I wasn't pushing it at all.Today I tested the laptime and I got RX7 7:25.675
 
Driving line is ok silver.

Rs I think you should!
 
I had another go with the camaro, after I did the oil change I managed a 7:58.520. My goal will be to get under the 7:50 mark.

Driving line is ok silver.

Rs I think you should!
Ok, thanks.
 
Nice job Ed.

I think the gaps between drivers will be much smaller this week, the car is relatively tame compared to its previous MR counterparts.

I apologize for not being able to update the leaderboard or the club details yet. I haven't been home yet to do it. Ill be home tonight though for sure so I'll get it done. I appreciate your patience guys.
 
Sorry for the delay, the past couple days have been crazy. I think i got everyone's time, let me know if I missed one. And the club events are updated.

I'm gonna give the camaro a go now. Good luck everyone!

7:27.088 in the camaro so far. Messed up the final couple turns and lost .6 but it's good enough for now.
 
Last edited:
I had another go, I got down to a 7:54.658. :) With more practice I know I can get under a 7:50, thanks @RuddRacer for letting me watch you go around. It helped me see some of the mistakes that I have been making.
 
thanks @RuddRacer for letting me watch you go around. It helped me see some of the mistakes that I have been making.

Glad I could help. While I may be slightly faster than you don't forget I'm not doing it "correct" either. Hopefully at some point one of the resident aliens will post his winning lap so you can take a look at how it is supposed to be done.

Don't forget that in most all instances doing the time trials offline will be faster ( & may make your adjustment of not using active steering easier). I do think practicing "online" can sometimes help to improve my time (offline).

New best time Camaro 7'37.932 (offline) / 7'41.337 (online)
 
I'll have the Times updated within the next hour.

The Camaro would be a great car to have a couple races with if anyone wants to meet up at some point tonight or in the next few days? I really enjoy that combo.

Gave the RX7 a go. Weird feeling that car has.

 
The Camaro would be a great car to have a couple races with if anyone wants to meet up at some point tonight or in the next few days? I really enjoy that combo.

Gave the RX7 a go. Weird feeling that car has.

I agree. 👍

Did @RS__96__oO ever submit his time?
 
I tested RX7 today and got 7:20.698 laptime.

Going off your previous posts in other threads. I'm gonna have to ask you to upload a video of this, or at least run in the club lobby and get a similar time (accordingly) with the correct specs.

I will not be adding your time until that is done.
 
@rosckolove you missed updating the times for Silver and myself also.

New best times for both cars:

Camaro 7'37.452
RX-7 7'32.212


Is there any particular format you want us to use when posting out times to make it easier for you to notice?
 
Back