GTP Nurburgring Weekly Challenge Week 7: Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71!

• Thread starter rosckolove
  • 318 comments
Updated! Man what a mess that was using this device...

@RuddRacer great suggestion.

If you guys could submit your times just as you see it in the leaderboards that would be great. No underline, no bold, and include your forum username afterwards. Then I could just copy paste. Thanks in advance!

I would like to run some laps online if anyone is available? I'll be around pretty much all weekend so just post here if you have a lobby up or send me a PM here or PSN message/FR @ Roob_OG.

I'm off to tackle @Ed_Night's RX7 lap!

@RS__96__oO are you going to have a go at either of these? Please please! :)

Last edited:
Updated! Man what a mess that was using this device...

@RuddRacer great suggestion.

If you guys could submit your times just as you see it in the leaderboards that would be great. No underline, no bold, and include your forum username afterwards. Then I could just copy paste. Thanks in advance!

I would like to run some laps online if anyone is available? I'll be around pretty much all weekend so just post here if you have a lobby up or send me a PM here or PSN message/FR @ Roob_OG.

I'm off to tackle @Ed_Night's RX7 lap!

@RS__96__oO are you going to have a go at either of these? Please please! :)
I'd love to, but I don't know if I can find enough time... Maybe today after work :)

Here's my final session with RX7, still trying to find time to run Camaro.

Spec #1 RE Amemiya RX7
7:22.766 jammy21

Here's my 3 laps:

WP_20151031_004.jpg

Updated! Great job in the RX7 jammy just a bit more and you could have P1!

Gave the RX7 another go last night. I don't know if it was lack of sleep or what but I could bately finish a lap! I got so frustrated I gave up. I completed one lap, and it was in the 7:40's.. Maybe tomorrow :crazy:

Yes sir. Within the next hour I'll announce next week's combo's and update the times. I'm a little disappointed I didn't have time for another session in either car but it is what it is.

Week #4 IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Spec #1

BMW M3 Coupe '07
Tuning: Prohibited
Oil change: O.K.
Tires: Sport Hards

A nice balanced car. Perhaps leaning a little towards understeer, atleast more than I prefer.

Spec #2

McLaren F1' 94

This car is surprisingly stable considering the speeds it reaches, its layout and being on sport hards. For some reason stock it comes with front and rear downforce.

I try to update the leaderboards daily but occasionally the lack of time doesn't permit it. I'll get this done as soon as possible tomorrow, as well as add the specific specs for this week to the OP. I appreciate your patience.

And congratulations to @Ed_Night and @RS__96__oO for the top spots this week. Week #4 I'm coming with a vengeance for you guys!

Last edited:
Didn't get below 7:50 like I wanted to on the Camaro, hopefully I can do better in week 4. :boggled:

Week #4 IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Spec #1

BMW M3 Coupe '07

A nice balanced car. Perhaps leaning a little towards understeer, atleast more than I prefer.

Spec #2

McLaren F1' 94

This car is surprisingly stable considering the speeds it reaches, its layout and being on sport hards. For some reason stock it comes with front and rear downforce.

I try to update the leaderboards daily but occasionally the lack of time doesn't permit it. I'll get this done as soon as possible tomorrow, as well as add the specific specs for this week to the OP. I appreciate your patience.

And congratulations to @Ed_Night and @RS__96__oO for the top spots this week. Week #4 I'm coming with a vengeance for you guys!
Nice selection, đź‘Ť I think I'll be using the M3 more. How is the F1 for handling? Is it like the nsx and gto? You won't have to worry about my lap times, I'll be in last place. :lol:

At speed the McLaren has more understeer than both of them, however all that power can change that real quick exiting a corner. I find it incredibly satisfying to get on the throttle a little too soon and just ride it out, leaving tire marks the whole way :)

I didn't get around to the Camaro for last week's event.

I notice that some of the offline guys are running consecutive laps which is cool. Is there any way to set the online event to 'pit start'? The final turn start is more difficult in my opinion. Having a flying lap would be great.

Last edited:
Pit start would ruin your first lap attempt, effectively making you waste 8- 9 minutes getting to the second lap . Personally being the restart junkie I am, it would be a huge waste of time. However I can set up with enough time for you to run 2 Laps? Would that be better for you?

Pit start would ruin your first lap attempt, effectively making you waste 8- 9 minutes getting to the second lap . Personally being the restart junkie I am, it would be a huge waste of time. However I can set up with enough time for you to run 2 Laps? Would that be better for you?

I guess it doesn't matter, but I suppose you could keep the pit start and just double the time like you said. That might work better for others. But then again the only problem is if they just run the first lap then they have to park it and wait for the remaining time to run out to register a time. Hmm.

I'm kind of a purist and feel like you should get one shot per trial instead of continually restarting, but I'll do whatever the majority want. :)

Pit start means the beginning of your lap would not be at full pace correct? If that's the case, I wont be setting it to pit start for the sole reason of not wanting to have the first lap be trashed from the get go.

Pit start means the beginning of your lap would not be at full pace correct? If that's the case, I wont be setting it to pit start for the sole reason of not wanting to have the first lap be trashed from the get go.

Correct.

I think I was wrong in previous post. Ugh. I meant to say keep the final turn start and double the time. If you would like to try it this week it would be cool with me.

Not time to run yet! Updated the times.

@cjr3559 I'll update the club events today, however I'm not even sure I'm going to keep the time trial part of it going. It seems pointless when grip and times are so much different than offline. And not many are even taking part. Any thoughts on the matter are welcome.

And please remember to submit your laptimes including your forum name afterwards. Thanks!

Latest Posts

Back