GTP WRS-Online Event 3 : MCMLXXIII - MMII - February 12, 2014

ok, matthew... hustle... we are getting sorted for the quali.

Anyone who misses quali (or is late) can go to their assigned rooms for races #2 and #3. You'll start in the back using "fastest first based on previous results". Please don't join during our races. We'll post during the 5 minute break and you can join at that time.

Race 2 is about to start. Please don't join until the next break.

Edit: Race 3 is about to start!

Last edited:
I have a room open for anyone to practice.
1472 6118 4130 9224 1811
Closed...........No takers.

Last edited:
Could somebody in Room C save that 3rd race? I DC'd about halfway through and I was to save all three races...I only got the first two.

Superb racing in Room B as always, a bit of contact here and there, but expected a tight circuits like this one. I had great fun, see you next week!

P.S Thanks to all the moderators and people who help bring these races to life, you do a fantastic job. :gtpflag:

It was great fun and i did better as in my time trial but was caught in a view starting incidents so i had to crawl back through the field and that was very hard. The last race I had a good start but was smashed into to wall just before the first lap ended. After that i managed some good laps for myself en enjoyed coming back to the field when a collission happened in front of me which took me out also. I had damage and they could drive on. Well I was not boring and i'm learning the car now to drive around city circuits.

Could somebody in Room C save that 3rd race? I DC'd about halfway through and I was to save all three races...I only got the first two.

I save all replays so i can also learn from my own mistakes and do better next tima around.
Sorry you were DC'd the last race.

I can't believe that I was disconnected - twice. :mad:

I highly doubt my connection was to blame; it's normally as solid as you like, with very good bandwidth and ping. My connection to PSN itself remained intact each time, as it has done pretty much every time I have ever suffered a DC in GT5 or GT6. Also, I can see from the above posts that I wasn't the only one to be DC'd tonight. Finally, when I tried to rejoin after the first DC, it refused to let me in on the first attempt for no apparent reason.

My patience with GT6 is starting to run very thin. PD and/or Sony seriously need to get their act together, or else I might not make the jump to GT7.

That's the end of my PD/Sony rant. With regards to the combo, I quite enjoyed the second race (where I came third), though I think the drafting was too strong. Overtaking on the start/finish straight was too easy, and I managed a 1:24.8 in the second race; about a second quicker than any time I could hope to set without drafting.

DCs seem much more prevalent in GT6, as compared to GT5. PD is quickly ruining the best part of this game with unstable servers, pit glitches, and other weird quirks.

Tonight's race was really fun and the one I enjoyed best so far, especially because of my surprise podium in the 2nd race :D

Started 7th out of 9 in the first race. Ran in 6th I think and kind of kept up with the pack in front for a while, then started dropping due to sloppy driving under pressure from the car behind. He and I got in a little racing accident and dropped further from the pack. In the end of the race I was nervous under pressure from the car behind (was it Tuesday_black, maybe?) and the chase got super close with me going wide in the last turn on last lap. He took his opportunity on the inside and it was a drag race to the line where he gained centimeter by centimeter. Had the finish line been slightly furhter ahead he would have come out on top, but I held onto 6th by 0.053s!

In the second race I lost 1 place in the beginning and dropped a bit behind the pack ahead, then on the 2nd lap I think, I got on the throttle too much out of the tight right hander after first split, spun and dropped to last. With no cars behind or close ahead I did some nice laps at a steady pace, first gaining half a second on the leader and then keeping the time difference for 6 or 7 laps. Some sloppy driving in the end dropped me down 3 seconds, but my steady driving gave me confidence. Closed in on some guys having spun out but never got close and finshed in last.

Starting last in the last race, I got up to 6th? in the early stages, with couttsy having dropped behind but gaining on me. Then there had obviously been a pileup in the last sector, with 3 or 4 cars crawling around. I slowed down to get safely past them, which allowed couttsy to shoot past us all into 2nd. Then for maybe 7 laps, it was my turn to put pressure on couttsy, using the slipstream to get right up to him on every straight. Even had to lift a bit sometimes to avoid pushing him, hoping to make up for it with a good exit, or a mistake from his side. If he looked back I'm sure he must have seen the big evil smile I had on my face, I enjoyed every second of it so much I almost didn't want to pass him! :sly:

Apart from me going wide into the wall in 2nd corner, and a slight tap on his rear when braking for turn 5, it was only clean nice driving. At last I got a good slipstream on the main straight, got past him around the outside into 2nd. He seemed to go a little wide and there was contact but nothing major. I got ahead in 2nd position, but LittlePaul in 4th was approaching fast and managed to to take 3rd from couttsy, then closed the distance to me and got up right behind me on the last lap. I was nervous and tired in my wrists at this point, and again drove a somewhat sloppy drive, but Paul didn't get an opportunity to get ahead. One lap longer and he probably would have. Crossed the line to take 2nd place, much thanks to the pileup that affected the rest of the field but a solid drive from me allowed me to capitalize as much as possible on it.

It was tons of fun and there was good tight racing, with the occasional contact which is understandable on a course like this. Looking forward to more of this quality racing! 👍

Edit: couttsy D/C:ed right in the end of the last race, which was a shame since had done a good drive and kept cool under pressure.

Last edited:
I'll be racing tonight, but I've got a snow storm coming in tonight, so it might affect my connection. It might, I've played in snow storms before with not too much of a hit.

Unfortunately, I've seeing a lot of late braking right behind my car.
I would say that this is a very effective method to gain position!
🤬

Can someone point me to directions to lobby entrance for race ( I happen to be in NA race tonight). I looked and couldn't find absolute directions. I believe it is quite different than the GT5 WRS Race events...thanks in advance.

Well the last race in room A was by far the best for me after the 1st race I had a incident with WRP001 so I pulled over let everyone pass and waited till he got past and finished last.
2nd race I had a storming start grabbing 3 places on first lap then came in to some luck as a few guys got mixed up and D/C it allowed me to grab 4th and hold it till the end of the race.
3rd race by far the best got a decent start and held position in 4th and proceeded to have a 10 lap battle with gtp_friday exchanging positions too many times to count and so much side by side driving it was epic. Then Matthew D/C for the 2nd time and it was a battle for the podium in last few laps but Friday got me by 0.3 at the line.

Great nights racing yet again.

We've currently split the NA down the middle with 12 in each, with 2 of those being reserves in each.

We aren't sure yet when the stewards/hosts will open the rooms, but they will be posted to this thread when they open.

View this link to find out which room you'll be in, and refresh it before joining in case changes have been made:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...E&single=true&gid=31&range=m1:y18&output=html

You should swap me with Alibubba, he's much better at the online stuff and I only spent about an hour on the TT this week (and no race practice yet.)

You should swap me with Alibubba, he's much better at the online stuff and I only spent about an hour on the TT this week (and no race practice yet.)
Then there would be no steward in B. We'll consider your situation and potentially move you to B.

Finally, when I tried to rejoin after the first DC, it refused to let me in on the first attempt for no apparent reason.

Fun fact. When a race is about to start in a lobby, no one can join until the race begins. I don't know why, but that's just how it is.

Anyways, great racing in the EU race today in room A. It was really close racing every heat. Especially with Bart! 👍

Room B is now open but I am away from the ps3 to give little one a bath. So ask those that don't belong to leave nicely!

Al

1472-6118-3658-4759-9649

Crozzlow... we are waiting if you want to rejoin... give you about 5 mins.

This weeks combo was awesome. Saw close racing for the lead in all 3 sprints and got my first win by .24 secs over @GTP_JTV

Reactions: EDK
Like I said in the lobby after the race, I apologize for not noticing how close we were to race start for the 3rd race, I'm afraid my yappin' might have distracted a few of you (myself included!) and caused some people to mess up their start :dunce:

Other than that, I enjoyed myself, thanks to a few good battles with EWeinbauer, among others 👍

Back