GTP WRS-Online (*GT6*): Event 120 : Mountaineering V2.0 - January 8, 2014

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 362 comments
I did watch youre laps, I am just to slow ;)

New room record : 1.43.509

Room stays open, time for me to eat something, will be back later.
I beat it with a 1:43.508 :lol: Messed up the last sector quite a bit.

I'm still in the room but afk, got some stuff to do but will run some more laps in a while :)

Sorry for the noob question, but how do I know which lounge I'll be in? There are 35+ drivers for EU so there will be at least 2, maybe 3 lounges

Patience ;) all will be revealed soon. :D

Our official race lounges open ~60 minutes prior to the event start (so about 19:00 GMT). We'll shortly be announcing the room splits (3 rooms) and the hosts of each room will create those rooms and post the room # here. Please, join only the room you were assigned. Join the room as early as possible after it's posted to work out any connection issues well before the race. If you join at least 15 minutes prior to the race (by 19:45) it will give some time to exit/re-enter if there are issues. If you join at the last minute and there are connection issues you may miss out on the first race or have your quali cut short. So be prompt please.

At 19:50 GMT all drivers will be asked to enter the track and check that all other drivers are visible to them. At 19:50 the official race procedures begin so starting at that time please keep any chat to a minimum and follow the host and/or steward's instructions. Avoid typing in the chat or talking unless you have an important question. Once the race or quali starts mute your mic and avoid using it. It's best if only the race director uses the mic during the actual race. During free run, except when the director is giving instructions, you are free to use voice or text chat.

If you get DC'd you can rejoin the room and participate in the next race(s)... but if you rejoin during the race do not type in the chat window. Wait until the current race is over and use chat during the 10 min intermission.

40 people signed up for the EU time slot. :eek:

Exciting! We've got the room splits basically complete, just coordinating with the hosts now. There will be 3 lounges. The guys who posted the fastest practice laps will be together in one room (A) and the remaining drivers will be split evenly between another two rooms (B1/B2). The only exception is a few stewards with fast times have volunteered to help out with B1/B2. I'm not sure how many of the drivers who have not posted any practice time will even show up so we've kind of split them up also...

Please be patient with us today... we are excited to have so many interested, but we're learning how to handle the demand on the fly. Keep the attitude positive and remember these are unofficial races and we're here to have fun and introduce some new drivers to the WRS-Online racing experience. 👍

Room Assignments.

ROOM #1: [room #1472-6399-8880-6891-5557]
  1. GTP_Hasslemoff (host)
  2. GTP_w-g-e (steward)
  3. GTP_JTV (steward)
  4. GTP_BanditKarter
  5. GTP_gmmatthew
  6. doodlemonoply
  7. GTP_Tidgney
  8. GTP_PASM
  9. GTP_kreezydoed
  10. GTP_mclaren
  11. GTP_Jammy
  12. GTP_Crispy74
ROOM #2: [room #1472-4710-9909-6400-8884]
  1. GTP_Speedy6543 (host)
  2. GTP_Racingworld (steward)
  3. robert_samuel94
  4. GTP_NishRacer
  5. sickdog2009
  6. GTP_Tombstoneplt (R)
  7. haansen82
  8. Warlock__SRB
  9. Oni-91_573
  10. GTP_Dano89*
  11. iAnderton*
  12. LittlePaul78*
  13. GTP_Sig
  14. Sparkz720_*
ROOM #3: [room #1472-6399-8451-1924-4109]
  1. GTP_oink (host)
  2. GTP_Allibubba99 (steward)(R)
  3. brisbane956
  4. Drax_Carter
  5. GTP_otxjto
  6. GTP_NINE_HUNDRED
  7. Unitedstomper
  8. aaron190286
  9. couttsy21
  10. GTP_Rossi*
  11. hetoft*
  12. MPH_1995*
  13. PedroC1999*
  14. RS__96__oO*
(*) Driver has not submitted a practice lap.
(R) Driver registered with reserve status.

I'll be joining Room #3 as an observer and additional steward, but not participating.

Oh, when you guys join the rooms, please type GTP WRS upon entry so we can identify you from the randoms... especially if you don't have a GTP tag in your PSN.

Last edited:
I can join my room in about 20 mins looking forward to this race but I haven't had time to practice.

Sig we see you are having trouble connecting. Hopefully it can be sorted out. Have you tried the usual tricks of clearing the cache on GT6 settings, restarting your router?

I can join my room in about 20 mins looking forward to this race but I haven't had time to practice.

Well the sooner you get in, the more practice time you will get before the race starts.

Sig we see you are having trouble connecting. Hopefully it can be sorted out. Have you tried the usual tricks of clearing the cache on GT6 settings, restarting your router?

Yeah I keep getting the dreaded 697 error lol. I have just reset my router, restarted PS3 and cleared cache but still the same problem. I am pretty sure the issue is on PD's side, I could try joining the other room and if that doesn't work either I'll just sit out for a bit and try again later.

Be with you guys in 10 mins, see you on track where I can guarantee that I'm about to get absolutely mullered!
👍

Minor Room Assignment Change:

Sig couldn't connect in room #3 and joined room #2 instead. So to keep things balanced we're shifting couttsy21 to room #3.

I had a great time tonight, very nice racing. I had a couple connection issues, one race I couldn't see a guy and he couldn't see me, and I disconnected once, but nevertheless I had a great time and I can't wait for the WRS league to start. It's great to race people of my ability.

Had an awesome night racing in my first ever WRS race :D. Thanks to the lads in room #3 and @Speedy6543 for being a good competitor before he slowly got away :P. I have definately improved my ability throughout both practise and racing and I hope to see you all on the track next time! :gtpflag:

I really hope the new guys liked the races today, Dano, Thomas, Paul, ONI it was fun racing you guys. But my special remark goes to GTP_Sig, we had some good fair battle just like in parity racing. You are a very fair and clean driver !!! Hope to see more guys like you arround....

I really hope the new guys liked the races today, Dano, Thomas, Paul, ONI it was fun racing you guys. But my special remark goes to GTP_Sig, we had some good fair battle just like in parity racing. You are a very fair and clean driver !!! Hope to see more guys like you arround....
I'm not new just a different user name lol

Back