GTP WRS-Online (*GT6*): Event 120 : Mountaineering V2.0 - January 8, 2014

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 362 comments
I would love to run this but I have been swamped at work lately and I feel guilty if I even put in any WRS Quali time. I don't know what to do with my attraction to GT6 and my obligations. It looks like a crazy sign up list and wish I could find the time but I just can't. I think I will have something to submit for the quali and it's all I think that I will be able to muster up. Looks like a blast..... Good Luck all 👍

That's too bad, Lefty. :( Real-life takin' over. :grumpy:

Had a good few practice races with @JCleveland and @oink83. 👍 I'm out now, but Josh might still be there.

Another example of lag ruining a great battle for the lead. :irked: Come on PD, fix this already!

It showed on my replay that you just suddenly stopped in front me, 111 kmph to 10 kmph in 1 foot no wonder your lap times are so quick :).

Good fun this race should produce some good close racing.

Ive found a good break down of the lap from the WRS GT5 TT Event from GTP_Holland, gives a rough idea for apex speeds and a few tips. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-gt5-week-27-mountaineering-101.218687/page-3

I've changed the speed as the online aspect takes a couple of Km/h off.

Using 6/9 BB, No AS, ABS 1.

1st corner requires hard steering, and practically full throttle, ride up the mound on the left as tight as physically possible, and then exit with 2 wheels on the grass on the right, turning the wheel reasonably hard, then opening out once on tarmac, may require lifts along the way, seeing 164km/h+ down the short straight means you've nailed it (saw 170 once and a .9 T1)

2nd corner brake down to 2nd gear at 90-92km/h and proceed to avoid hitting all inside rumble strips/cobble stones for the remainder of the lap (except for the chicane 1 corner after T1) Even the most minor touches spells disaster for exit speed, or you will only reach a similar exit velocity to that of a non rumble strip contact effort, therefore you will suffer a net loss as your entry speed will be poor in this situation)

3rd corner stay in 3rd, brake tap, glide a bit, and power out at just under 98-99km/h. Very important to be smooth when exiting (in general), with the steering wheel, If you're too fast exiting, no amount of extra turning of the wheel will help the cause, open out the steering lock reasonably early as it's an FF car.

4th corner, brake down to 114km/h, glide momentarily, power out 109km/h, avoid the inside stuff.

5th corner, brake down to low 120's, the limit I think requires a slight lift as you enter the tunnel as close as possible to the wall, at around 112km/h, avoid loosing track position is key.

6th corner I don't brake but commence a glide at the appropriate moment, 113-115km/h depending on line, you can gamble by cutting it ultra fine with the wall and you receive this extra bit of grip for some reason when you land, but difficult to time.

7th corner, brake but don't immediately downshift to 2nd, wait half a second, then power out at around 89-91km/h, avoiding using too much exit rumble, and especially no grass, compromises line and exit speed.

8th corner, 3rd gear, position car significantly over to the left before the jump, not all the way, but enough so that all that is required is a momentary lift once you land, accelerating out in full throttle ideally, I lifted slightly exiting because of carrying too much speed and lost a bit of speed at the following right kink, you should see 154km/h If you have ideal speed.

alright, I've signed up for the race and entered my fastest lap so far. I feel like I can scrape of a couple of tenths if I hit every apex. Last sector was slower than my previous best time. Tomorrow will be fun!

It's too late to sign up for this race now, so I'll sign up to the race next week. However, I bought a 401pp Peugeot 207 GTI, and took it around Trial Mountain, on Sports Hard tyres, in arcade mode. I spent about 15 minutes doing this, just to see where I was in terms of this league and I hit a 1.44.507, which I'm pleased with.

Hope to see you on the track next week. 👍

It's too late to sign up for this race now, so I'll sign up to the race next week. However, I bought a 401pp Peugeot 207 GTI, and took it around Trial Mountain, on Sports Hard tyres, in arcade mode. I spent about 15 minutes doing this, just to see where I was in terms of this league and I hit a 1.44.507, which I'm pleased with.

Hope to see you on the track next week. 👍
It's not too late to sign up unless you are doing something!

Practice lounge open.

Room id: 1472 - 6681 - 3630 - 4562 - 1945

Ive got to go at 8pm so the room will be passed ove, the room will be set with auto restart every 20 minutes.

Well I've signed up, 50/50 chance I can make it.

PSN I need to add?

If your chances of making the race are less than 90% you should use the option "Maybe (Reserve)" in the sign up form.

The races will be run in a public lobby, so no need to add PSNs for this race. The room numbers will be posted here in the hour before the race 👍

Another great nights practicing 👍 have more flow with it now I've had a bit better of a go, in the 43's but definitely can get down to a .5! Not sure about a .4 though!

Another great nights practicing 👍 have more flow with it now I've had a bit better of a go, in the 43's but definitely can get down to a .5! Not sure about a .4 though!

Yeah, I actually ruined a .5 on the last sector of my best lap :( so it's definitely possible.

Anyone up for practice tonight, any time after 8pm EST? Probably will need someone who will be a better host than me with my low-end connection.

Anyone up for practice tonight, any time after 8pm EST? Probably will need someone who will be a better host than me with my low-end connection.
I'll be back in for the NA practice session, so if that time suits I can host then if someone else isn't already doing so.

Another awesome session tonight, this is shaping up to be a really exciting event :)

I had a great battle with Tidgney in one race, but my battle with Andrew in my last race of the night was probably my greatest duel so far. I should probably try recording it on my phone and uploading it to YouTube, it was that epic.

And last, but certainly not least, I set a new fastest lap: 1'43.446. Sorry Bandit... :sly:

I'm afraid we can only blame the GT6 servers for that. :/
So you guys don't know if there's a possible way to solve it? If it really only boils down to bad luck I might as well keep on trying to connect and rebooting GT6.

So you guys don't know if there's a possible way to solve it? If it really only boils down to bad luck I might as well keep on trying to connect and rebooting GT6.
Try clearing the cache, it can sometimes help with connection problems. You know how to get to that setting?

Just created a room: 1472-6118-3701-4253-9999. I'll be here for about an hour.

Just remember to type "WRS" as you come in (unless you have a GTP tag) so you don't get booted.

Last edited:
Back