GTP WRS-Online (*GT6*): Event 120 : Mountaineering V2.0 - January 8, 2014

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 362 comments
Managed a couple of 1'43s in today's practice session. Best lap is a 1'43.868 which I'm really pleased with, even though it's still three tenths slower than Bandit. (Holy cow, how is that time possible? :eek:)

Definitely the toughest part of the track is the first chicane; it's really tough to keep it above 100 mph without cutting too much or smacking into the wall.

It's also really tough to get past someone; because the cars have little power, there are very few opportunities to out-brake the guy in front. You really need to get a good qualifying spot... :scared:

Can't wait for Wednesday :)

I managed a new best lap as well. Not so good as those aliens but I'm very pleased with my lap.

1'44.308

@Gravitron, time for you to go hunting again. :sly:

Thanks 👍 for the video of the race. I see that I was shifting much too early. I don't think I ever saw Twissy get to 5th gear the whole race.

If anyone's up for practicing tonight, just post here and someone can make a public room. I just don't feel like making it and waiting around alone, kicking randoms, if none of our racers are up for it tonight.

If anyone's up for practicing tonight, just post here and someone can make a public room. I just don't feel like making it and waiting around alone, kicking randoms, if none of our racers are up for it tonight.

I could probably give this a try tonight. Haven't run any laps yet though so it's sure to be a steep curve.

Scott

Hmmm, it seems I have to have my National A before I can go online....

Last edited:
Hey, welcome back Scott. What time works for you? I forget what timezone you're in...

Yes, I'll open a room in about 45min. 👍

EDIT: I lost your FR when I tried to accept it but it failed because I was already at 100 friends. I've cleared it out, but can't remember if you were using the PSN listed in your profile or a GTP_ prefix one. Please resend it.

Last edited:
Yes, I'll open a room in about 45min. 👍

EDIT: I lost your FR when I tried to accept it but it failed because I was already at 100 friends. I've cleared it out, but can't remember if you were using the PSN listed in your profile or a GTP_ prefix one. Please resend it.

Sounds good. Let me know the room details.

Practice room up: 1472-6118-3830-2743-7691

It's a public room, if we had gotten the Friends thing sorted beforehand you'd be able to click on Show Friends Rooms and find it easier, but for now you'll have to enter all those numbers (leave out the dashes).

EDIT: Good practice tonight with Scott and Jon. 👍

Last edited:
Wish i didnt miss this i needed run sum laps with u guys before the race. This my first time racing with u guys and worry i miss something or not do something right on track. I've only race nascar online in this kinda way so the WRS is something new to me. Anyone wanna add me on ps3 they can hottracer88

Just had a run of about 20 laps so I could register a best lap on the board. Got a 1'47.0xx. My theoretical best could be almost a second less than that, but my typical lap was about a whole second more. So chances are I will qualify with a time of around 1'48.

It would be ideal if all drivers could post a practice lap by end of day Monday. We will publish prelim room assignments Tuesday after EU practice.

If you have a special request, like racing with a buddy post it here and we will try to accommodate.

The plan is to create a single A room for the ~10 fastest and then Split the remaining drivers into rooms B1 and B2. After a couple races we can do a small shuffle if required.

Hey everyone! I'm back at university so finally got round to uploading the race in which I did my fastest lap. The race would've taken 9 hours to upload on my internet connection at home! :lol:

1:43.548

This is my first time doing this and I had a question that maybe someone here could help answer. The PP limit says 401 (which is higher than a stock 207). But it also says "Tuning Prohibited". Is tuning just referring to the changing of a cars gear ratios, suspension? Are we allowed to throw on an exhaust to bring it to 401? What are the rules on this? Thanks in advance.

Make sure you're using the correct car, the Peugeot 207 GTi '07 has 394pp from the dealer and increases to 401pp with an oil change.

EDIT: Mis-read your post a bit :D, all you need is the oil change from the Pit Service screen.

Hey everyone! I'm back at university so finally got round to uploading the race in which I did my fastest lap. The race would've taken 9 hours to upload on my internet connection at home! :lol:

1:43.548

For your information, gray concrete is not part of the track. The lap certainly seemed dirty in the first chicane, but I can't say for sure with the bumperview. It doesn't really matter as you would still be first with your tenth best lap, but please submit a clean one. And make sure to stay within the boundaries in our races on wednesday.

For your information, gray concrete is not part of the track. The lap certainly seemed dirty in the first chicane, but I can't say for sure with the bumperview. It doesn't really matter as you would still be first with your tenth best lap, but please submit a clean one. And make sure to stay within the boundaries in our races on wednesday.
I didn't realise that, my 5th lap was clean on the first chicane and it was still a 1:43.658 :)

Hey guys, first time racing so excuse my 'noob-y' behaviours, I will get used to the system promise ;)
Just wanted to know for the practise if there are any plans for a practise session so I can get my time sorted out. If there is a session tomorrow between 10am-10pm GMT that'd be great. If not will there be a practise session 8pm GMT on the tuesday 'cause I'll most likely not be avaliable Tuesday and Wednesday in the mornings due to work but I will be avaliable in the evenings!

If anyone can reply ASAP that'd be great look forward to my first WRS race :sly:

PS: I have registered to the race :)

Hey guys, first time racing so excuse my 'noob-y' behaviours, I will get used to the system promise ;)
Just wanted to know for the practise if there are any plans for a practise session so I can get my time sorted out. If there is a session tomorrow between 10am-10pm GMT that'd be great. If not will there be a practise session 8pm GMT on the tuesday 'cause I'll most likely not be avaliable Tuesday and Wednesday in the mornings due to work but I will be avaliable in the evenings!

If anyone can reply ASAP that'd be great look forward to my first WRS race :sly:

PS: I have registered to the race :)
There will most likely be a practice session tomorrow. Starting at around 20.30 GMT.

Nice. 👍 Can you enter it into the practice leaderboard in the 4th post of this thread?

I could start a practice lounge tonight after the football games if anyone's interested. Let us know here if you're interested.
As Speedy said there will definitely be lounges up for practicing on Mon and Tues.

Nice. 👍 Can you enter it into the practice leaderboard in the 4th post of this thread?

I could start a practice lounge tonight after the football games if anyone's interested. Let us know here if you're interested.
As Speedy said there will definitely be lounges up for practicing on Mon and Tues.
I will probably be able to attend practice on Tuesday, but probably not on Monday :)

Latest Posts

Back