GTP_Chris' Race Vid's and Commentary/ GT500 online league race now online

^
You drive a 2CV and she drives an FGT... joking.

NASCAR at Autumn Ring or Indy Road Course. 3-6 laps. She'll kick your butt haha :lol:!

lol, see thats the problem with her, shes actually really fast. the only assists she uses are Auto Tranny and racing line.... and of course Abs.

But she got the basics totally right, she knows hot to find an ideal line and so on.

We raced at Cote d azur in an evo and subi impreza, and once in an Ruf CTR2 and Ruf RGT :lol:

Chris

Sweet I was wondering when you were going to post another vid.

Also speaking of your races are any of them televised? I know I probably wouldn't get the channel here but can I watch them streaming online anywhere? You race the VLN series right?

Great vid as usual Chris.

I haven't been going through the GT5 forums lately, but are the kids really complaining about the lack of GT5 updates? It would be a real shame if they were...

Yes some people were wondering why it takes PD so long... but seems it cooled down a bit.

Anyways, just a quick cruise in a M3 using the GT'5s headtracking system

Chris

Yes some people were wondering why it takes PD so long... but seems it cooled down a bit.

Anyways, just a quick cruise in a M3 using the GT'5s headtracking system

Chris

Your hair got in the way a few times :lol:! Cool video.

lool (Stealing your favorite :lol: variation!) There were like, 3 Petronas cars.

Good video.

BTW, how was the real life race? Did you do good? And is it possible to upload a video from the race?

O..k... well someone was excited good to hear...

If I had a dollar for every time you say the S word i'd be rich.

2 questions.

- How can you focus and talk at the same time?

- I see you drive whitout the circuit map, why?

Hey,

1.) guess im good at multi tasking :lol: nah, for real now. I race professionaly in real life and there i also have to be in communication with the pits over in car radio so after some time you get used to it :)

2.) well normally i race with the entire HUD off, but the cockpit view from the Lexus GT 500 car isnt that great.
Plus i know, lets say, 99% of GT5 tracks by heart. The only ones that i still have to get used to are like the tosacana tarmac and rally tracks , but also then i race without any HUD. If i dont know my way round a track i just approach it with a little more caution 👍

Chris

Hey,

1.) guess im good at multi tasking :lol: nah, for real now. I race professionaly in real life and there i also have to be in communication with the pits over in car radio so after some time you get used to it :)

2.) well normally i race with the entire HUD off, but the cockpit view from the Lexus GT 500 car isnt that great.
Plus i know, lets say, 99% of GT5 tracks by heart. The only ones that i still have to get used to are like the tosacana tarmac and rally tracks , but also then i race without any HUD. If i dont know my way round a track i just approach it with a little more caution 👍

Chris

1) ah ok, i probaly won't be a good racedriver. i can't do that. besides i have a concentration problem after some laps. I can't focus enough. when it happens i make mistakes that ruins my whole race. i have sometimes the speed though, but concentration is very importent. However in real-life the G-forces, power of the car, Real life noices, vibration, keeps you more awake. now i sit on a comfy chair.

2) I also know the tracks by heart, but i usual use te map becaus i like to know where everybody is driving. Specially the car that is one position ahead of you. becaus you don't get any split time compared to your 'first' rival.

Ironic how I sent you a message asking what car you will drive before I saw this :lol:.

What does VLN stand for? How long is the race? Do you like sushi? Pepsi or Coca-Cola? The Simpsons or Family Guy? Audi or Mercedes-Benz? Would you climb up a mountain with an arm behind your back? And did you try Tom Clancy's EndWar yet? :lol:

Ok, seriously, only the first two and last questions.

Last edited:
Hey Chris sw_sephiroth here (had a name change).

Just got done catching up on videos! Great stuff as always. That Super GT league looks great. It's hard to find Super GT lobbies (especially if you're looking for GT300).

Seeing all those cars on Laguna Seca is a cool sight. And the Trial Mountain race was great. Cutting through the grass was hilarious. Super GT Rally!

In the preview video for the Tokyo race you said you switched to the NSX but in the race you were still in the Lexus? Did the contract with Honda fall through? :) That Tokyo race looked intense by the way. Great action!

Also about the map I know most of the tracks pretty well too but turning on the map and have it fixed to car with a value of 2 helps to see where other cars are in relation to yours. It's helped me out many times to avoid collisions online. And it allows you to keep your view forward without having to break concentration by having to hit the look behind button.

I swear if head tracking worked in GT Life I would totally get a PS Eye. It looks so awesome!

The weekly lobbies sound like fun. Last time I tried to add you on PSN though your list was full.

Good to hear about getting a seat! I wish there was a way to watch VLN here.

Hey Chris sw_sephiroth here (had a name change).

Just got done catching up on videos! Great stuff as always. That Super GT league looks great. It's hard to find Super GT lobbies (especially if you're looking for GT300).

Seeing all those cars on Laguna Seca is a cool sight. And the Trial Mountain race was great. Cutting through the grass was hilarious. Super GT Rally!

In the preview video for the Tokyo race you said you switched to the NSX but in the race you were still in the Lexus? Did the contract with Honda fall through? :) That Tokyo race looked intense by the way. Great action!

Also about the map I know most of the tracks pretty well too but turning on the map and have it fixed to car with a value of 2 helps to see where other cars are in relation to yours. It's helped me out many times to avoid collisions online. And it allows you to keep your view forward without having to break concentration by having to hit the look behind button.

I swear if head tracking worked in GT Life I would totally get a PS Eye. It looks so awesome!

The weekly lobbies sound like fun. Last time I tried to add you on PSN though your list was full.

Good to hear about getting a seat! I wish there was a way to watch VLN here.

yea totally. Im so happy that i found that GT Leaugue. By the way, we are currently planning on setting up a GT300 League aswell. So maybe thats something you might be interested in :sly:

True about the map in the HUD but i mean, looking back once or twice on the straights is alraight, in real life i dont have a map and have to check the mirros, so its like a bit of training for real life racing :P

there will be a live stream, as soon as i find it i will post it in here and on my website (to be found in signature)

thanks!!

Ironic how I sent you a message asking what car you will drive before I saw this :lol:.

What does VLN stand for? How long is the race?

hehe :P

VLN, to be honest, not quit sure , but here is a link where you can read about it :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veranstaltergemeinschaft_Langstreckenpokal_N%C3%BCrburgring

the race is a 4h endurance race :)

Latest video up!!

Last edited:
Cool as always.

PSN is down... crap. I was thinking I could beat you in a Super GT race :lol:.

Haven't been on GTP in a while, but I always make sure to swing by Chris's thread.

Great vid as usual! Look forward to some proper, live on-board videos! Stay safe!

hey guys, ya PSN is down now since for a while but oh well. Leaving tomorrow for my real life 4h endurance race at the Nurburgring. Racing in the Porsche.

I just reopened my twitter account, so would be cool if you guys follow :cool:

ChrisRSR is my twitter

Chris :cheers:

Good luck Chris!

Can you upload a video or 2 from the race? Hope you take home the 1st place trophy! See ya dude.

Back