GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 10 : Weekly Rally Series?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 324 comments
Flashback!!! Karmen Ghia, Arkansas, 70mph, gravel road, bridge jumps, navagator yelling you got to go 90 for the next 2 minutes. Oh the memories!!

T1: 36.982
T2: 46.196

Warning to anyone who hasn't completed the Grand Tour yet. You must complete the events in order, so you need to do the other events before you can attempt this.

Warning to anyone who hasn't completed the Grand Tour yet. You must complete the events in order, so you need to do the other events before you can attempt this.

Thanks - this is third right, after the Alfa and the Ferrari but before the Lambo?

Hm, a Finn taking the lead in a rally competition. How utterly surprising... :dopey:

This is really fun so far. I saw my final lap time and said holy:censored: that's gonna put me near the top. Add up my splits and... last place.:ouch: Got some work to do, have had t2 around a second faster, but this will be a lot of fun.👍

You didn't like getting beat by a second in one sector, did you Zoky? Nice job, man! 👍

G27 is terrible with Rallying, even with FFB set to 1, it's just too hard and I don't want to damage the wheel. Plugged in the DFGT to use that and forgot just how useless the pedals are. Sitting this one out, shame, it looks fun.

G27 is terrible with Rallying, even with FFB set to 1, it's just too hard and I don't want to damage the wheel. Plugged in the DFGT to use that and forgot just how useless the pedals are. Sitting this one out, shame, it looks fun.

Couldn't you just disconnect the force feedback altogether?

First shot at some one lap wonders :)

T1:37.155
T2: 45.563

T1: 36.894
T2: 44.122
:)

update:
Just crushed another tripple 1:20.674 :)
Zoky you will most asuridly be a lock, but at least were totally equil and I can finish my chase to finally try to catch you, dude you are so totally fast in both asphalt and the dirt I would think that you have a room full of real trophyzzz.....👍

Last edited:
T1: 36.894
T2: 44.122

This is so funny, it's like we will have our own battle for the low ground and old adversaries face off again.....lol

T1: 36.555
T2: 44.119

Nice T1 Sid... wow
Mysterion has yet to be heard from .... better watch out, he rocked the Eiger :nervous:

Looking at the times posted already, I will probably be in the bottom few places this week - miles adrift, but I actually thought I had a decent time.

Oops, forgot to add my splits last night.

T1: 0'36.941
T2: 0'46.972

Couldn't you just disconnect the force feedback altogether?

It's doable... connect the wheel as normal and once it's gone through it's centering cycle you can disconnect the power lead and get no FF at all.

But it's not very nice... I've used it with the X1 on an endurance race, and you get no sensation of how far to turn the wheel. You can run laps easy enough, but I struggled to get lap times anywhere near what I could get with FF at 1.

It's doable... connect the wheel as normal and once it's gone through it's centering cycle you can disconnect the power lead and get no FF at all.

But it's not very nice... I've used it with the X1 on an endurance race, and you get no sensation of how far to turn the wheel. You can run laps easy enough, but I struggled to get lap times anywhere near what I could get with FF at 1.

I'm finding it better than with FFB at 1, but that might just be because I don't want to damage an expensive wheel...

Anyway, good fun, very enjoyable. First run.

Okay, wow. I must really suck at Rallying now a days, everyone is doing great :sly:

Where can you adjust the brake balance, I don't recall being able to tune anything in the car in the Grand Tour Events???

Jerome

New splits:
T1: 0'36.756
T2: 0'45.140

44/55
I don't do a lot of rally but it seems to me that if you feel like you are going slow then you are going fast. I always want to just sling the car around the corner but it just kills speed and then I'm not set up for the next corner. Having lots of fun.

Okay, wow. I must really suck at Rallying now a days, everyone is doing great :sly:

Where can you adjust the brake balance, I don't recall being able to tune anything in the car in the Grand Tour Events???

Jerome

Set up your pad in the Options menu to control in-Race functions.

Jerome, You need to use the in-race adjusters... I have mine set up on a sixaxis. This allows you to change brake balance and torque split even if there are no setting adjustments in the main menu.

Also, it remembers the settings for that "session" only. So if you exit and go back in you'll have to re-adjust.

Back