GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 54 : 9 Lives

• Thread starter EDK
  • 410 comments

Decent lap, no huge mistakes. Hope to have another go on sunday.

Slower splits but a bit better over the line and a good chaser for my next session: :)

My lap was dirty so I asked Kevin to take them down. No conspiracy, promise :)

Problem is, I've got to do it all again now...

I haven't done one of these events in months. Got interested after seeing the WRS posts in GTP News. Happy Anniversary WRS! Hit the track when I was pretty tired late last night-hopefully can speed up. Lots of offs and finally got 1 clean lap.

First splits worthy of posting, short on time so I don't know if I'll keep doing it...

Great car to drive, that's certain. 👍

I pull out of this event, sorry. I'll be out of town from tomorrow to 10th March, so I don't have time and I only put about 2 hours so far, so these splits aren't submission worthy.
Please remove my splits from the board, thanks.

I pull out of this event, sorry. I'll be out of town from tomorrow to 10th March, so I don't have time and I only put about 2 hours so far, so these splits aren't submission worthy.
Please remove my splits from the board, thanks.

You're currently running 4th and they're not submission worthy?

I'll have them. :lol:

Last edited:
Yes, but it's a _fun_ four!

For some reason, and it's probably just me, but the engine note when you start puts me in mind of Jelly 292 ...

... and after two days of crashing incessantly, I finally completed some laps:

Argh, didn't realize the car is 4wd :scared: Gonna try now :cheers:

Set my tune, it's a nice balance. The car will be tail happy, but the front traction keeps it in check.

If nothing else, you could always set the Bias as far to rear as possible, I know you were a fan of that in the GT-R. ;)

Next set of splits. I am starting to learn this track. It is alot more fun now!

Al

My lap was dirty so I asked Kevin to take them down. No conspiracy, promise :)

Problem is, I've got to do it all again now...

I'd laugh maniacally, but that would just be mean. :lol:

Sorry to hear that, and hope you have time for some more runs. 👍
About 80hrs left, no pressure. :)

EDIT: Nice splits, Ren! 👍 Gave Blair cause for worry. And me too, as I'm still not where I want to be on the Sectors of the Void...

Last edited:
Thanks Jon 👍, i already had a lap better at T9 so i expect that this are not my last splits.

Noticed on the morning that you´re splits were gone and was like :odd:

Argh, didn't realize the car is 4wd :scared: Gonna try now :cheers:

Accepted your friend request:cheers:, car is on share now if you didnt already got it by now :)

The tune have a good turn-in on it, but you may need to test other tune :)

i tried your tune Kev and couldnt find the best way to use it, i am the problem though , since twissy seem to know exactly how to use it :D lol

I will probably have more time this weekend and will retest the other tunes, been rushed in my sessions this week, it will be hard to improve though, look like when i do a good first part the 2nd one im too nervous and lose all gains, or do a bad start with a good nordschleife part...:crazy:

Nonetheless its a great thrill! :dopey:

Hey Mike_gt3

I just tried your tune, one word = EPIC!

Will get the splits up in a few minutes, just eating

Last edited:
Re-posting now that I'm in the registry. I hope to improve tonight, as it will probably be my last chance to work on it before the deadline.

Hey Mike_gt3

I knew i shouldnt have posted it :ouch: lol :D
Im happy if you like it, eclipsi's guide really opened my eyes, i was doing everything in reverse lol,

I tried to improve turn-in and give it more grip with the 35/65, the turn-in is decent especially first sector using compression of the engine while downshifting, just need to be careful on some curve with oversteer though, kind of a trade on some corners.

I wish i could find the last tenths, im scratching my head for some splits where you guys are about 0.300 quicker, i feel like im on the limit, i probably just doesnt have the right momentum, not used to race car wich doesnt help.

:)

edit: awesome splits twissy! 👍
will have a hard time closing the gap, i think i can get 1 second from it and thats it, with a lucky lap. Good job!

Usual Suspect
Thanks Jon 👍, i already had a lap better at T9 so i expect that this are not my last splits.

Noticed on the morning that you´re splits were gone and was like :odd:

Yeah, discovered it was dirty so I asked Kevin to take the splits off the board.

Ran for an hour last lap and matched you to T9 a couple of times but couldn't complete the lap. Managed to lose one of them under brakes at the last little chicane about 5 seconds from the end of the lap 🤬 :lol:

Will try and find some more time to run tonight :cheers:

Deleted my splits as my lap isn't submission worthy, will run again tomorrow and clean it up! Been busy with the new Eiger seasonal between work hours 👍

Awesome splits Twisty and Mike 👍

GL to all still running :cheers:

Got the wheel today and guess what? It doesn't work correctly. Really don't know what to do with it right now but this is not making me any happier.:grumpy:

Last edited:
Went faster in most of the sectors tonight, but not on the same lap...or indeed any lap since every single one over the course of an hour was ruined. Somewhere in the first 4 sectors I seem to make the most mistakes, if I can get through those the trip to T9 is usually ok and then that fast right just over the jump is another one I fail at -from there to the end it all gets a bit jittery...I've gone off the track more times in that 150mph section leading up to the turn before the mini karussel so many times....

More attempts tomorrow I guess.... :\

Got the wheel today and guess what? It doesn't work correctly. Really don't know what to do with it right now but this is not making me any happier.:grumpy:

Wow mate, never seen that before, you are very unlucky, hope you finaly get a wheel that work. :ill:

Done for the night.

Accepted your friend request:cheers:, car is on share now if you didnt already got it by now :)

The tune have a good turn-in on it, but you may need to test other tune :)

i tried your tune Kev and couldnt find the best way to use it, i am the problem though , since twissy seem to know exactly how to use it :D lol

I will probably have more time this weekend and will retest the other tunes, been rushed in my sessions this week, it will be hard to improve though, look like when i do a good first part the 2nd one im too nervous and lose all gains, or do a bad start with a good nordschleife part...:crazy:

Nonetheless its a great thrill! :dopey:

Hey Mike_gt3

Got nothing out of the session last night.. :( Will try again! :) Started with Kev's tune, didn't really suit me. Have to try your's Mike as well. 👍

Great splits Twisty 👍 I'm far behind, 4WD & racing tyres are my excuses :P Will try to close the gap tonight & tomorrow.

Dear lord, this is reminiscent of trying to lap the nord in one of the F1 cars! I think I might be trying to flick the back end around too much in this car, i'm only just now starting to realize that this car REALLY isn't a huge fan of trail braking, the front tires just overheat and I wind up going straight!

I was having trouble breaking the 37.xxx barrier on the first split, but once I stopped trying to drive like it was an MR car (and removed some more oversteer from the setup), I started getting into the upper/mid 36.xxx range.

QUESTION: Are you guys taking Caracciola's corner inside of the berm, or are you just letting downforce do its thing and ripping it wide?

This is insanely fun btw!

1036 mile report:

I'm trying to win the award for Fastest, Yet Ugliest Lap. It involves a bunch of slides where you shouldn't be sliding, and this beauty:

NrburgringTypeV_15.jpg

Umm, what's up with the skid marks I'm about to create, already being laid down? Time warp? Anyway, this car goes around the Karussell so nicely, but I found a way to screw it up. :dunce: But I'll take a 1sec improvement any day.

41.590 (finally figured this out)

Phew! Karussell is in T10, I don't have to post that one. :P

This was with mike_gt3's tune, which was nice:tup:, but took me a while to get used to, vs Kevin's tune. Both have their merits. :cheers:

sinkoman
QUESTION: Are you guys taking Caracciola's corner inside of the berm, or are you just letting downforce do its thing and ripping it wide?
I totally didn't see your question about Caracciola-Karussell until after I posted that. Spooky. :eek: On the berm is faster, for me. 👍

I totally didn't see your question about Caracciola-Karussell until after I posted that. Spooky. :eek: On the berm is faster, for me. 👍

Haha, right on! I thought you WERE answering my question in the previous post :P

Back