GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 59 : A GT's GT

• Thread starter EDK
  • 327 comments
I should hopefully be able to get more time in on this combo, as long as I don't have any discomfort in my leg.

Found some in T1, and managed to string it with an excellent T2.

A bunch actually. The powerslide thru turn two is smoky!

New Splits:

T1: 26.811
T2: 20.757

The sloppier my esses seem, the faster my T2.:odd: I just can't figure it out.

New splits:

Only a little bit faster splits but .5 faster at the finish!

Have seen 26.9s in T1 and have seen 20.9s in T2! Just need to get them consistently! Almost at my target now ;)

New Splits:

T1: 26.811
T2: 20.757

The sloppier my esses seem, the faster my T2.:odd: I just can't figure it out.

Wisconsin topping d2! Better enjoy it while it lasts.

I better work on finding that other tenth in t2.

Wisconsin topping d2! Better enjoy it while it lasts.

I better work on finding that other tenth in t2.

9b284b32.jpg

:lol: Happy cows live in Wisconsin. What am I talking about?:dopey:

T1: 27.103
T2: 20.905

I think I hit my goal for today :)

T1: 27.114
T2: 20.798

But I still haven't hit my wall yet, another great combo Kevin 👍

---------------------- Had to try a little bit more :lol: -----------------

T1: 27.051
T2: 20.810

Last edited:
My fastest lap,

Had a slower lap yesterday that was,
27.5xx
21.7xx

I,ll try again tomorrow.

Fobia
I'm going to write a little guide for this event.

Thank you Fobia. I spent about 40 laps on low 28 T1s and even worse T2, but your little guide helped me shoving off >2 seconds at the line - within 5 laps, so there's possibly still time to gain, even for me. Especially since I took nearly every corner different to you and so far, have only changed some to your line - not without thinking: "this guy is nuts, how can this be faster?" every single time. ;-)

T1: 27.037
T2: 20.951

(Matt spouted something about disliking the track...turns out it's an awesome track in every way)

Last edited:
Still not had much time at this so far, but getting better.

Thank you Fobia. I spent about 40 laps on low 28 T1s and even worse T2, but your little guide helped me shoving off >2 seconds at the line - within 5 laps, so there's possibly still time to gain, even for me. Especially since I took nearly every corner different to you and so far, have only changed some to your line - not without thinking: "this guy is nuts, how can this be faster?" every single time. ;-)

I'm glad I've helped.

To Mr P and Spud - cheers lads for the compliments.

I forgot to mention - I use ABS 10, 9/10 brake balance, AS on mild (I don't feel it does anything to be honest), drift mode 5 (for Fanatec users) and 750 degrees of rotation.

Great T2 Scott - seems I'm one of the slowest in the division in that sector :ouch:

@Matt - take a look at the replays from wk23 that Christophe posted on page 6 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
@Matt - take a look at the replays from wk23 that Christophe posted on page 6 👍

I attempted laps that week too and failed :)

Feels like I'm on the wrong tyres, or in the wrong car. Unfortunately not. The wing mirrors and speedo on this thing are awesome though, I don't mind driving the squashed alien-mobile, even if it's this slow :sly:

It was a fluke, honest ;)

Edit: Seriously - 50 laps of nothing and then 1 lap which is 6 tenths better. Let's end the week now :lol:

Edit 2: Gimme that brown split, Scott!

Last edited:
Edit: Seriously - 50 laps of nothing and then 1 lap which is 6 tenths better. Let's end the week now :lol:

Edit 2: Gimme that brown split, Scott!

:lol: Nice job Matt! And I feel the same way, can everyone just call it a week and submit now?:sly: Too many fast people lurking around.

Come on Div 4, positions 1-4 are separated by .198 of a second...Guess its time to run some more.

Given it another session, T2 is still my downfall. I haven't seen one .5 through there yet, but the first sector I get consistent .7's now with a few .6's. Here are my new splits anyway:

T1: 26.711
T2: 20.666

Some more laps and starting to understand the crazy lines on T1 :crazy:

T1: 26.799
T2: 20.646

Choked a bit till the end so lost 5 hundreth to the average sector :ill:

Hey All, Dan here. New to all this. Just got into d3 bronze class. a quick question, What time do i send in, is it t1 & t2 splits added or just the full lap time? thanx

Hi Dan, welcome.

Use this thread to post your T1 and T2 sector times so that they show up on the leaderboard. Prior to the deadline (Monday at mdinight GMT), send a PM with your complete lap time (not individual sectors) to WRSFetchBot, as indicated in the first post in this thread.

Good luck :cheers:

This might be it for the week. I saw some mid.4s but it's going to be hard to improve much more.

New Splits:)

T1: 26.798
T2: 20.746

Turn 2 was about as close to a Armaco contact as you can get without it, replays showed it to be clean. Also, it wasn't my best T3 by any means but a decent run to the finish. There's still time for me to find on the track so I assume others will find it too. It's going to come down to hundredths and maybe even thousands I think.:scared:

Edit: and Baron found it.:lol:

Outstanding T2 Baron - now please please step away from the DFGT and give the rest of us a chance :sly:

I've tried to be super smooth in this sector and it doesn't seem to benefit me as the leaderboard suggests. Is it better to go in hot and heavy and wrestle it though, or is smooth right and my lines just suck :lol:

EDIT: just read Fobia's track guide and it seems I'm taking the esses a gear too high :dunce: Will give it another go tonight :cheers:

EDIT #2: Lucas, stop lurking and get some splits posted man!

Last edited:
Back