GTP_WRS Leaderboard Discussion and Feedback

Discussion in 'GTP Weekly Race Series Time Trials' started by steven, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Thematic

Thematic

Beta is okay with or without images. Symbian env and Opera Mobile 12. Can't use the forum anymore though.

JoostBaksteen likes this.
  2. numbnuts70

numbnuts70

[​IMG]

Looks great on my Nokia 3210 .......just kidding. :D

Thanks for immortalising again my first and, more than likely, last podium :cheers:

3. Windy_1238

Windy_1238 Premium

Has anyone tried it on a Ipad?

4. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

As always, very nice work, Marijn. I know how hard it can be to build a responsive site!

I noticed this on my iPhone 6 as well; there's just too much horizontal padding on those table cells. A quick fix is to simply set the left/right padding to 0 on the .runs td class:

Code:
    .runs td,
    .results td,
    .runs th,
    .results th {
        padding: 0.5em 0;
    }

Try it out. :)

Mires, Gravitron and JoostBaksteen like this.
  5. JoostBaksteen

JoostBaksteen Moderator

Thanks for all the responses guys, helps a lot to know that's it's working fine on so many devices! :tup: :cheers:

I've played around a bit with the results page and @Jordan recommendation and it's better now. I did remove the nationality flag on 'phone' view, to save up some space. But if you put your phone in landscape mode you get the nationalities back.

I'm still tweaking it, so maybe I'll find a way to get the nationalities back. Also I'd like to have a nice icon for the division on the mobile view (retina/HDPI ready) which is slim, like it currently is, but which looks way better :D

steven, Cats_PJs, Allibubba99 and 4 others like this.
  6. Windy_1238

Windy_1238 Premium

Works great on my ipad!!

7. Thematic

Thematic

There's no car image for week 61, now.

8. Gravitron

Gravitron Moderator

Look again. ;) Thanks @JoostBaksteen for fixing the issue.

PASM and JoostBaksteen like this.
  9. jammy21

jammy21 Premium

@JoostBaksteen would you check my post about the leaderboard results from Week60 (multi class TT)? Is it ok?

10. GTRacer22

GTRacer22 Premium

For some reason, Fetchy isn't fetching my splits. They haven't been updated, and I've tried twice. Any help? :)

11. numbnuts70

numbnuts70

Is there any way of stopping replay checks being duplicated/doubled up by members.

I've noticed a few times now that someone will OK a replay, only to be followed later by another member who, having checked the same replay, has had his effort come to nothing.

Just a thought.

12. mr_lab_rat

mr_lab_rat

Not really. I had that happen to me before. So now I always announce in the results thread which replays I'm grabbing.
    Also having a replay checked twice is not necessarily a bad thing.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  13. Thematic

Thematic

I might announce intent if I'm picking the last few ones - or otherwise - but I hope that will remain optional. If you're real busy let someone else do the checking. :tup:

14. JoostBaksteen

JoostBaksteen Moderator

Yeah, announcing is the best we can do, automating this is on the board is hard and not really bullet proof.

Say somebody says I'm going to check this, the board reflects that with a 'checking in progress' status. But the guy starts to do something else and forgets about the replay, than the replay will remain on the 'checking in progress' status so nobody will check it anymore. So just announcing like mr_lab_rat and Thematic propose is the best solution I think.

/edit: btw, i'm still improving the response beta version, an initial version of the registry is online now (http://wrs-beta.gtplanet.net/registry/) I also fixed some bugs in the week/splits view, like making the 'previous week' button clickable again. Currently i'm working on the requested mode so that you can view _all_ the splits on your phone. But that's still WIP.

Allibubba99 and Cats_PJs like this.
  15. Mikey24

Mikey24 (Banned)

Yeah, I've also noticed that my splits aren't being updated, even though it has updated with more submitted splits from other drivers and I still have my first submitted ones. :confused:

16. JoostBaksteen

JoostBaksteen Moderator

17. Mikey24

Mikey24 (Banned)

I had submitted another best lap after then, but it hadn't updated. Unless the bot takes the Spilts from when you post them on the thread?
    Sorry, new to WRS. :tup:

18. Jfrod

Jfrod

Do you support the controller Thrustmaster T300RS?

19. JoostBaksteen

JoostBaksteen Moderator

It should, but not 100% sure, please try to use: T300

If it doesn't work please reply here so I can fix it :)

roamer2629 and Gravitron like this.
  20. volvodriver

volvodriver

Just a question regarding the leaderboard, if you submit a different lap to the splits you submitted earlier does it update the splits when the results are finalised?

21. Meister Fetz

Meister Fetz

No - Fetchy only takes the lap time and checks the settings from the replay. The splits are from the posts in the thread.

volvodriver likes this.
  22. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

So, what does it mean when a replay shows as unchecked but not in need of verification?

23. Gravitron

Gravitron Moderator

It means that nothing further needs to happen with those, but they're still available for download if anyone wants to learn from them.

24. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Yeah. Got that.

Perhaps my question wasn't specific enough. I'll try again.

Why are some replays unchecked but not in need of verification?

25. Gravitron

Gravitron Moderator

Only podiums, rookies, and people who significantly outperformed their handicaps are asked for verifications. (Replay Verify Required) is used in the Results threads to show who's been flagged as needing verifications.

26. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Ah. Roger that. Thanks. :tup: :cheers:

Amazing how a couple words can make a difference.

I bet that information is posted elsewhere and I've since forgotten that I read it and where.

27. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

I'm guessing waiting over 3 weeks will mitigate the double post.

Went looking through this thread a little for the answer but haven't found it yet so, figured I'd ask.

What do the green split times on the Leaderboard indicate/signify?

28. Thematic

Thematic

Division leader after n sectors.

29. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Thanks.

30. Northstar

Northstar Premium

I've been away from WRS competition for awhile but I'm planning on doing it again when I get my internet setup in a week or two. The problem is the last time I entered I was "Justin" on here. Who do I get in contact with to update this?

PASM likes this.