GTP_WRS Leaderboard Discussion and Feedback

• Thread starter steven
  • 1,073 comments
2015-03-09-19-05-56-png.326984

Looks great on my Nokia 3210 .......just kidding. :D

Thanks for immortalising again my first and, more than likely, last podium :cheers:

Hey guys,

I've been busy making WRS mobile compatible by making the website scale responsively depending on the device (basically by rewriting all of the frontend related code).

It's by no means final yet and quite some things have to be improved, but I wanted to let you guys see it and test it already.

You can check out the mobile compatible version at:

http://wrs-beta.gtplanet.net

Let me know what you guys think and let me know how it works on your device (and what it is) as I don't have a lot of different mobile phones, or tablets.

:cheers:

PS: Special thanks for @Mamba for helping out with the motivation and initial prototype!

PPS: Only working, currently, is the splits and results page, the rest of the pages are not styled (correctly). Also the results page needs to be scrolled on my phone, this will be improved (probably by removing the nationality). The division badge on mobile will be improved as well.
Has anyone tried it on a Ipad?

As always, very nice work, Marijn. I know how hard it can be to build a responsive site!

PPS: Only working, currently, is the splits and results page, the rest of the pages are not styled (correctly). Also the results page needs to be scrolled on my phone, this will be improved (probably by removing the nationality). The division badge on mobile will be improved as well.
I noticed this on my iPhone 6 as well; there's just too much horizontal padding on those table cells. A quick fix is to simply set the left/right padding to 0 on the .runs td class:

Code:
.runs td,
.results td,
.runs th,
.results th {
    padding: 0.5em 0;
}

Try it out. :)

Thanks for all the responses guys, helps a lot to know that's it's working fine on so many devices! 👍 :cheers:

I've played around a bit with the results page and @Jordan recommendation and it's better now. I did remove the nationality flag on 'phone' view, to save up some space. But if you put your phone in landscape mode you get the nationalities back.

I'm still tweaking it, so maybe I'll find a way to get the nationalities back. Also I'd like to have a nice icon for the division on the mobile view (retina/HDPI ready) which is slim, like it currently is, but which looks way better :D

Hey guys,

I've been busy making WRS mobile compatible by making the website scale responsively depending on the device (basically by rewriting all of the frontend related code).

It's by no means final yet and quite some things have to be improved, but I wanted to let you guys see it and test it already.

You can check out the mobile compatible version at:

http://wrs-beta.gtplanet.net

Let me know what you guys think and let me know how it works on your device (and what it is) as I don't have a lot of different mobile phones, or tablets.

:cheers:

PS: Special thanks for @Mamba for helping out with the motivation and initial prototype!

Works great on my ipad!!

For some reason, Fetchy isn't fetching my splits. They haven't been updated, and I've tried twice. Any help? :)

Is there any way of stopping replay checks being duplicated/doubled up by members.

I've noticed a few times now that someone will OK a replay, only to be followed later by another member who, having checked the same replay, has had his effort come to nothing.

Just a thought.

Not really. I had that happen to me before. So now I always announce in the results thread which replays I'm grabbing.
Also having a replay checked twice is not necessarily a bad thing.

Last edited:
I might announce intent if I'm picking the last few ones - or otherwise - but I hope that will remain optional. If you're real busy let someone else do the checking. 👍

Yeah, announcing is the best we can do, automating this is on the board is hard and not really bullet proof.

Say somebody says I'm going to check this, the board reflects that with a 'checking in progress' status. But the guy starts to do something else and forgets about the replay, than the replay will remain on the 'checking in progress' status so nobody will check it anymore. So just announcing like mr_lab_rat and Thematic propose is the best solution I think.

/edit: btw, i'm still improving the response beta version, an initial version of the registry is online now (http://wrs-beta.gtplanet.net/registry/) I also fixed some bugs in the week/splits view, like making the 'previous week' button clickable again. Currently i'm working on the requested mode so that you can view _all_ the splits on your phone. But that's still WIP.

Yeah, I've also noticed that my splits aren't being updated, even though it has updated with more submitted splits from other drivers and I still have my first submitted ones. :confused:

Just a question regarding the leaderboard, if you submit a different lap to the splits you submitted earlier does it update the splits when the results are finalised?

Just a question regarding the leaderboard, if you submit a different lap to the splits you submitted earlier does it update the splits when the results are finalised?
No - Fetchy only takes the lap time and checks the settings from the replay. The splits are from the posts in the thread.

So, what does it mean when a replay shows as unchecked but not in need of verification?

So, what does it mean when a replay shows as unchecked but not in need of verification?
It means that nothing further needs to happen with those, but they're still available for download if anyone wants to learn from them.

Yeah. Got that.

Perhaps my question wasn't specific enough. I'll try again.

Why are some replays unchecked but not in need of verification?

Yeah. Got that.

Perhaps my question wasn't specific enough. I'll try again.

Why are some replays unchecked but not in need of verification?
Only podiums, rookies, and people who significantly outperformed their handicaps are asked for verifications. (Replay Verify Required) is used in the Results threads to show who's been flagged as needing verifications.

Ah. Roger that. Thanks. 👍 :cheers:

Amazing how a couple words can make a difference.

I bet that information is posted elsewhere and I've since forgotten that I read it and where.

I'm guessing waiting over 3 weeks will mitigate the double post.

Went looking through this thread a little for the answer but haven't found it yet so, figured I'd ask.

What do the green split times on the Leaderboard indicate/signify?

I've been away from WRS competition for awhile but I'm planning on doing it again when I get my internet setup in a week or two. The problem is the last time I entered I was "Justin" on here. Who do I get in contact with to update this?

Back