GTP_WRS Leaderboard Discussion and Feedback

• Thread starter steven
  • 1,073 comments
Folks, I am a long time player and have an issue that I am hoping someone here can help with. LSS, I could not get online and after saving the game data, had to reset my PS3. Now, after having tried all advise on the subject and having downloaded no less than 75 gigs of data (multiple attempts, using the load first six patches and then disconnect from the internet and load each individually), I keep getting the loaf error, i.e my system cannot get the patches 1.8-1.22 installed. I do not have any problem with the first 8 patches but the next one (2114 MB) does not load. I deleted the game utility data (yet again this morning) and let all patches load while connected to the PS network, but still not F&*%^ing luck. I am so bummed, it has been 7 days and I am dying to drive. All other games, including GT5 work fine, as does GT6, except in Version 1.0 and the system cannot load/install all updates. HELP! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Not really the place to ask that, but I'll try to help, and it's going to be the answer you don't want to hear... if it's a disc, do a Google search, it's a known issue and the solution is very time consuming, involving repeatedly quitting the game and removing the disc or something. There should be something coming up straight away outlining the full method.

Edit: hmm, nothing came up easily, the method I heard was (I think) to download an update, quit game, remove disc, disable Internet connection, then install update. Not sure if it works, apologies if you try it and it doesn't, so try to do a little research first. Good luck either way. :)

Last edited:
Not really the place to ask that, but I'll try to help, and it's going to be the answer you don't want to hear... if it's a disc, do a Google search, it's a known issue and the solution is very time consuming, involving repeatedly quitting the game and removing the disc or something. There should be something coming up straight away outlining the full method.
I realize this is not the place. I appreciate the response. I have googled all available support and have tried the time consuming individual patch install as well; the only thing I have not done is replace the hard drive, but since all other games are working fine, I have not taken that route. Thanks again for the reply and any further thoughts/ideas/help would be greatly appreciated; this is the ONLY game I play and want to get back in the seat.

I realize this is not the place. I appreciate the response. I have googled all available support and have tried the time consuming individual patch install as well; the only thing I have not done is replace the hard drive, but since all other games are working fine, I have not taken that route. Thanks again for the reply and any further thoughts/ideas/help would be greatly appreciated; this is the ONLY game I play and want to get back in the seat.

See above edit, sorry if it doesn't help.

Edit: hmm, nothing came up easily, the method I heard was (I think) to download an update, quit game, remove disc, disable Internet connection, then install update. Not sure if it works, apologies if you try it and it doesn't, so try to do a little research first. Good luck either way. :)
I appreciate the input, yes, I have done that process as well, three times. I know you guys can appreciate the feeling of not being able to drive for this long; GT6 is the game that lets me enjoy what I love most, controlling a metal beast of massive power and capability, within my boundaries and making it squeeze out the clock continuously as my knowledge of Her adjustable abilities and my capabilities as a driver keep improving with every lap that I have the privilege of driving. Peace sisters/brothers in the GT6 world and I hope to back to driving with your kind help.

See above edit, sorry if it doesn't help.
I see it, are you talking about the method that asks for downloading each patch separately, then cancelling the next download, disconnecting the internet connection, loading the game to install the last patch, registering the game (trust me, it is fun entering your basic information more than three times), then quitting, activating the internet, clicking triangle for check updates on the XMB screen, loading the update and then starting again at the canceling internet connection? If that is the one, I have already done that my friend. I have not been able google any disc related fixes (where the process involves taking the disc out); if you have that link, please do post it you reply. Thanks!

Folks, I am a long time player and have an issue that I am hoping someone here can help with. LSS, I could not get online and after saving the game data, had to reset my PS3. Now, after having tried all advise on the subject and having downloaded no less than 75 gigs of data (multiple attempts, using the load first six patches and then disconnect from the internet and load each individually), I keep getting the loaf error, i.e my system cannot get the patches 1.8-1.22 installed. I do not have any problem with the first 8 patches but the next one (2114 MB) does not load. I deleted the game utility data (yet again this morning) and let all patches load while connected to the PS network, but still not F&*%^ing luck. I am so bummed, it has been 7 days and I am dying to drive. All other games, including GT5 work fine, as does GT6, except in Version 1.0 and the system cannot load/install all updates. HELP! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure what else you might be using your PS3 for, and what else might be on it. But if it's an option for you, maybe backup the files you want to keep, and format the HDD. It's entirely possible you are dealing with HDD problems anyhow, but this COULD be an approach.

That said, I am unsure based on your post if you are trying to do this by downloading the data to an external device and then installing while offline, or if you are trying to install from your connection directly onto the PS3?

If the former, you might want to clear your external device and download those updates again. OR, try with a direct connection.

If the latter, checking on connection speed, NAT type, etc may open up some avenues.

That's an awful lot of updates you are trying to load all at once, and anything that makes the connection spotty, including the PS3 being on wifi, could cause issues.

(and I am only using it for GT6)
EDK
I'm not sure what else you might be using your PS3 for, and what else might be on it. But if it's an option for you, maybe backup the files you want to keep, and format the HDD. It's entirely possible you are dealing with HDD problems anyhow, but this COULD be an approach.

That said, I am unsure based on your post if you are trying to do this by downloading the data to an external device and then installing while offline, or if you are trying to install from your connection directly onto the PS3?

If the former, you might want to clear your external device and download those updates again. OR, try with a direct connection.

If the latter, checking on connection speed, NAT type, etc may open up some avenues.

That's an awful lot of updates you are trying to load all at once, and anything that makes the connection spotty, including the PS3 being on wifi, could cause issues.
Agreed (and I am only using the PS3 for GT6) , that is a lot of data to download (not to mention download gig limits by the ISP). I have been downloading it directly on to the PS3, and each time I had re-started, I have deleted the data in game data utility (XMB), loaded the first 7 patches, canceled the internet connection, loaded the game and allowed it to update to the applicable patch version, gone through the set up steps (basically inputting name) and then quit the game, activated the internet connection, check for updates (use of triangle on the controller) on the game disc in the xmb screen and repeated the process. The forusm mention that is the efficient way of doing to allow the system to install the patches individually; the problem is the 1211MB (I believe it is 8 of 21) patch that gets the sytem stuck and in a constant loop on reading an error during install.

(and I am only using it for GT6)
Agreed (and I am only using the PS3 for GT6) , that is a lot of data to download (not to mention download gig limits by the ISP). I have been downloading it directly on to the PS3, and each time I had re-started, I have deleted the data in game data utility (XMB), loaded the first 7 patches, canceled the internet connection, loaded the game and allowed it to update to the applicable patch version, gone through the set up steps (basically inputting name) and then quit the game, activated the internet connection, check for updates (use of triangle on the controller) on the game disc in the xmb screen and repeated the process. The forusm mention that is the efficient way of doing to allow the system to install the patches individually; the problem is the 1211MB (I believe it is 8 of 21) patch that gets the sytem stuck and in a constant loop on reading an error during install.
What's your NAT type, and how is your PS3 connected to the internet? (You can find this by doing a connection test in the network section of the main console menu).

What I'm getting at, is if your connection is not wired, maybe you should consider wiring it, even if just for this update?

I think for the download to external source, I am thinking of PS3 updates. Too bad that's not an option for games, you could potentially download and direct install. But I do not see that option on the main GT site, so I must be imagining things.

EDK
What's your NAT type, and how is your PS3 connected to the internet? (You can find this by doing a connection test in the network section of the main console menu).

What I'm getting at, is if your connection is not wired, maybe you should consider wiring it, even if just for this update?

I think for the download to external source, I am thinking of PS3 updates. Too bad that's not an option for games, you could potentially download and direct install. But I do not see that option on the main GT site, so I must be imagining things.
Yup, I am on a wired connection. The problem is with the patch number 1.10 as it is the largest (2110 MB). All the previous do not pose any problems.

Yup, I am on a wired connection. The problem is with the patch number 1.10 as it is the largest (2110 MB). All the previous do not pose any problems.
Might still be a good idea to run a connection test with the PS3 and reboot your modem and router (if applicable).

If you don't have the download speed you would expect, it's sometimes a good idea to contact your ISP and get them to run some checks. I have had issues in the past and once I contact them and they do some work on their end, the issue is magically improved.

I get what you are saying about it being the one big update, but that still could potentially be down to connection or hardware issues as well. If you indeed only use the PS3 for GT6, then saving any photos or replays to a flash drive and formatting the hard drive can't hurt. It seems like an extreme step, but smaller things can cause issues.

EDK
Might still be a good idea to run a connection test with the PS3 and reboot your modem and router (if applicable).

If you don't have the download speed you would expect, it's sometimes a good idea to contact your ISP and get them to run some checks. I have had issues in the past and once I contact them and they do some work on their end, the issue is magically improved.

I get what you are saying about it being the one big update, but that still could potentially be down to connection or hardware issues as well. If you indeed only use the PS3 for GT6, then saving any photos or replays to a flash drive and formatting the hard drive can't hurt. It seems like an extreme step, but smaller things can cause issues.
Agreed. I am on the phone with the ISP AND reformatting my PS3 HDD (I an unrelated post where the user addressed the install problems after reformatting the drive); if this does not work, then I have to decide whether to wait buy a new console or wait for GT7 and buy a PS4 (too bad GT6 is not compatible with PS4). Thanks for all the advice guys, the power of combined thinking/processing. I will let you know if the reformatting works (it is currently projecting over 9 hours to go). Peace and a very safe and Happy New Year to all.

Agreed. I am on the phone with the ISP AND reformatting my PS3 HDD (I an unrelated post where the user addressed the install problems after reformatting the drive); if this does not work, then I have to decide whether to wait buy a new console or wait for GT7 and buy a PS4 (too bad GT6 is not compatible with PS4). Thanks for all the advice guys, the power of combined thinking/processing. I will let you know if the reformatting works (it is currently projecting over 9 hours to go). Peace and a very safe and Happy New Year to all.
Well folks, no luck. As a last resort, I bought a re-furbished PS3 from gamestop (they understand that if GT6 does not load I will return it), took the console to a friend's house (new ISP and his connection is 3 times faster than mine) and tried loading again (last night, after having given up at home over the long weekend). The problem was STILL patch number 1.10-2100MB (released July 25, 2014). My friend let it run all night (we turned off the auto shut down feature on the console) and he called me this morning with the bad news that it still showed 4 minutes to go and the bar had not moved past roughly 5%. This friend of mine is a techie (well, he is a doctor but loves technology) and he suggested that the only way I may be able to play GT6 on PS3 again is if someone can send met he game data utility files (not the save game but the actual files that bring the patching up to date). If anyone has the means and knowledge of how to do that, please let me know. Thanks again for being there and your support guys and gals. I LOVE driving and have started playing GT 5 in the time being, but am DYING to start the time trials on GT6.

Am I understanding the handicap/promotion system correctly in that a -handicap for any given event will reduce my Registry Handicap by that same amount?
We essentially weigh in 6 "events". Once you have participated for a period of time, a good rough assumption is that your total handicap will improve by about one fifth of your negative handicap result.

In other words, outperform your handicap by 0.100 in a given week, and your total handicap will improve by about 0.020.

Recent example for me is that in week 157, I outperformed by 0.340. My handicap had been 1.801 (461+340=801).

My new handicap published with the next results update is 1.733. (826-093=733)

801-733=68. My first example from week 157 was a 0.340 over performance. 340/5=68.

It's more complicated than this for shorter term or new participants, so please don't come to me trying to back calculate every scenario, and then ask why it's wrong. :lol:

Last edited:
No. I'd be in some other division if that were the case. Your existing handicap is put into the mix. You did ask a binary question so that's my excuse.
I did. Thanks for the binary + response. 👍

EDK
We essentially weigh in 6 "events". Once you have participated for a period of time, a good rough assumption is that your total handicap will improve by about one fifth of your negative handicap result.

In other words, outperform your handicap by 0.100 in a given week, and your total handicap will improve by about 0.020.

Recent example for me is that in week 157, I outperformed by 0.340. My handicap had been 1.801 (461+340=801).

My new handicap published with the next results update is 1.733. (826-093=733)

801-733=68. My first example from week 157 was a 0.340 over performance. 340/5=68.

It's more complicated than this for shorter term or new participants, so please don't come to me trying to back calculate every scenario, and then ask why it's wrong. :lol:
And thank you for a more detailed explanation! :cheers:

The reason I ask is, after I'd done my rough maths, I looked to be getting closer to being eligible for promotion. Not real sure how I feel about being the bottom of the rung up there in alien land, so it's good to know I'm not yet in danger of having to decide what to think about it. :P ;) :mischievous::lol:

The reason I ask is, after I'd done my rough maths, I looked to be getting closer to being eligible for promotion. Not real sure how I feel about being the bottom of the rung up there in alien land, so it's good to know I'm not yet in danger of having to decide what to think about it. :P ;) :mischievous::lol:
Right, I thought that might have been your motivation for the question, but was not sure if you were asking it from the perspective of wanting to be promoted, or to stay where you are. :lol:

I can understand, having been in your position just about right at a year ago.

You will land at about a 2.118 after this most recent combo. That means you would need a single event handicap of about 1.523 to get promoted all in one shot.

With a cursory glance, I only found this week here with a D1 handicap for you. You would have to get that 1.965 4 times to get promoted.

Just keep walking that tightrope and you should be fine. 👍 :lol:

I can't find, neither in GTP WRS Comprehensive Guide nor in GTP_WRS New Drivers and Promotions, (last update: Jan 14, 2014) what is needed to be assigned to a Division, after racing in at least three WRS.
Thanks

I can't find, neither in GTP WRS Comprehensive Guide nor in GTP_WRS New Drivers and Promotions, (last update: Jan 14, 2014) what is needed to be assigned to a Division, after racing in at least three WRS.
Thanks

After 3 time trial events have been finalized, you'll be placed in a division that's relative to the average of your handicap from the three time trial events.

thanks @ItsAllAboutWins .
What exactly "finalized" means? Is there a range of times you'll have to perform to get into a specific division or, after being a rookie, you are automatically assigned to fourth division?

thanks @ItsAllAboutWins .
What exactly "finalized" means? Is there a range of times you'll have to perform to get into a specific division or, after being a rookie, you are automatically assigned to fourth division?

You're automatically placed into a division that's averaged on how well you did on your first 3 events.

An event is *usually* finalized (or made official) the following week after its ended. So if it ends on a Monday, then it will be made official the next Monday to give time for the replays to be checked.

Thanks @ItsAllAboutWins.
Since I attended four WRS that means I did not "that" well to deserve a division yet...(?)

Youll be placed in a division regardless of how well you did. I'm pretty sure it's after 3 events have been made official. Keep a look out for the Promotions thread next Monday night.

@EDK @Gravitron can either of you shine some light on this? I'm not real familiar with how things still work

Thanks
Just keep an eye on this thread and your division placement will be posted there when @Vaxen finalizes the results for your 3rd week of participation (when results go official).

Back