GTP_WRS-Online : General Discussion

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
Hi guys, I posted this - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/5am-gmt-9pm-pst-anyone.319355/ in the main OLR thread but got absolutely nothing.
It might be just me who is having troubles with the typical race schedule suited for Europe or the East coast. But there has to be more people on the West coast (and some night owls further east).
Is there a series that has start times between 5AM and 7AM GMT (9PM - 11PM PST, midnight - 2AM EST) that I don't know about?
Would there be enough people to put a group together?
It doesn't need to be big, I think you can have a lot of fun on the track with 6-10 cars.

Last edited:
I don't know of any that fit that time, but haven't looked very hard. If you get enough to have races, count me in.

Hi guys, I posted this - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/5am-gmt-9pm-pst-anyone.319355/ in the main OLR thread but got absolutely nothing.
It might be just me who is having troubles with the typical race schedule suited for Europe or the East coast. But there has to be more people on the West coast (and some night owls further east).
Is there a series that has start times between 5AM and 7AM GMT (9PM - 11PM PST, midnight - 2AM EST) that I don't know about?
Would there be enough people to put a group together?
It doesn't need to be big, I think you can have a lot of fun on the track with 6-10 cars.

I always felt that the NA races were set up for the West Coast. By the time they start, I'm getting sleepy and ready to go to bed (I live in the Eastern Time Zone).

Yeah, I'm not complaining about the WRS schedule. That has to be a compromise so people don't need to stay up too late on Wednesday. I was trying to find out if there were other guys on the West Coast who would be interested in something that starts a bit later. Guys with kids, returning late from work, etc ...
The only other guy I can think of would be @Jump_Ace but I don't know if he is still around.

Your best bet is probably SNAIL, lots of West coast guys in there. They're good guys and there's a few who do both that and WRS.

Yeah, I'm not complaining about the WRS schedule. That has to be a compromise so people don't need to stay up too late on Wednesday. I was trying to find out if there were other guys on the West Coast who would be interested in something that starts a bit later. Guys with kids, returning late from work, etc ...
The only other guy I can think of would be @Jump_Ace but I don't know if he is still around.

I'm still around, just bored with GT6 is all. And have my hands full with a new baby 👍

Jerome

It looks like they also do the 10PM EST thing. Or did you mean that I should try to poach them? :D
I guess I did mean "poach". :D I knew you wouldn't be able to make the Sunday night races, but thought maybe they had one of their side-series that would have more West coasters. But if you were signed up with them you could attend any of their practice sessions, which I know can go fairly late, ie, into the time you're looking for.

A question for more experienced racers: It has happened to me twice online already, that when I crash or I'm bumped by another driver all steering gets locked, and rear view is somehow engaged until after the cars have moved apart from one another. It doesn't happen if the bump is mild, it's only when contact is serious, but I loose all ability to minimize the damage of collisions and its dangerous :scared:
Any ideas or explanations?

Thanks a lot everyone :gtpflag:

Wouldn't be as fun without all of you :cheers:

Oh and who wants one of these can come and get one over here :D

GROLSCH-BEUGEL.jpg

A question for more experienced racers: It has happened to me twice online already, that when I crash or I'm bumped by another driver all steering gets locked, and rear view is somehow engaged until after the cars have moved apart from one another. It doesn't happen if the bump is mild, it's only when contact is serious, but I loose all ability to minimize the damage of collisions and its dangerous :scared:
Any ideas or explanations?
How does the car react if you get damage in A-spec mode and you're using a DS3? Is it different to that? On a wheel, it's consistent between offline and online...if the wheels get damage your wheel is offcenter and makes a bunch of noises until the damage goes away (signified by red parts on the car representation in the lower left). So I'm not surprised that your steering is locked, but the reverse-view lock thing is weird. :odd:

How does the car react if you get damage in A-spec mode and you're using a DS3? Is it different to that? On a wheel, it's consistent between offline and online...if the wheels get damage your wheel is offcenter and makes a bunch of noises until the damage goes away (signified by red parts on the car representation in the lower left). So I'm not surprised that your steering is locked, but the reverse-view lock thing is weird. :odd:

Have the replay saved, too bad I cant send a pm to you with it. Doesn't feel like normal damage at all and only happens when having contact with cars online. DS3s sometimes have the nasty habit of activating the reverse view button when vibration is on in their dying days but this feels like my game goes numb for a split second then I'm back in control...

ATTENTION:

In order to move the GTP_WRS Club out of @PASM's account and into an admin-shared GTP_WRS PSN account, we need to remake it.

So you'll all be getting invites soon to the "New GTP_WRS" Club.

Once we get everyone joined up there we'll delete Bart's club and rename the new one to GTP_WRS.

We don't expect to run races or practices in the new club until next Tues at the earliest, so until then let's keep using the existing one.

Thanks for your patience. :)

Last edited:
I've been staring at it for 5 minutes and nothing :)

Hey Mike, try this.
Open the message in the community area, then click the blue arrow next to the time stamp, it should give you the option to go to the club and join. Hope this works for you.

Back