GTP_WRS-Online : General Discussion

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
@mr_lab_rat maybe close the message and reopen it. I was in the process of sending a PM to a moderator on my PC and the next time I looked at the monitor on the PS3 the option to join had appeared in the right border of the message.

ATTENTION:

In order to move the GTP_WRS Club out of @PASM's account and into an admin-shared GTP_WRS PSN account, we need to remake it.

So you'll all be getting invites soon to the "New GTP_WRS" Club.

Once we get everyone joined up there we'll delete Bart's club and rename the new one to GTP_WRS.

We don't expect to run races or practices in the new club until next Tues at the earliest, so until then let's keep using the existing one.

Thanks for your patience. :)
More ATTENTION:

GTP_PASM's original GTP_WRS club has been renamed to "Old GTP_WRS" and will soon be deleted.

The "New GTP_WRS" club has been renamed to GTP_WRS, and will be used for all races going forward.

New club events for the 2.4hr Enduro and tomorrow's EU/NA races have been created. We will make events for the Sat support races ASAP.

We continue to thank you for your patience. :)

Is there a way to reduce the sound of the car following behind ? I use the exterior and the sound gets louder then what I drive

Is there a way to reduce the sound of the car following behind ? I use the exterior and the sound gets louder then what I drive
I drive in chase cam, and that use to be really annoying. Switch your sound to cockpit, and it solves the problem:tup:

Just wondering if anybody can open a room up in the Club, to test out cars or tracks and chit chat a bit, of course not while other official events are running...

Headed to the lobby this morning and saw @Meister Fetz tryin to sort out his problem with the wheel (btw Stefan, no luck?). Was willing to take a few laps with him but had no car that fit the rules. Anyway, I opened up a room by myself, took a few laps and then it dawned on me that maybe there were regulations and all for this kind of stuff., so I closed the room and hid under the couch hoping nobody could see me... :dunce:

Do I have to ask permission? Post something somewhere?

Just wondering if anybody can open a room up in the Club, to test out cars or tracks and chit chat a bit, of course not while other official events are running...

Headed to the lobby this morning and saw @Meister Fetz tryin to sort out his problem with the wheel (btw Stefan, no luck?). Was willing to take a few laps with him but had no car that fit the rules. Anyway, I opened up a room by myself, took a few laps and then it dawned on me that maybe there were regulations and all for this kind of stuff., so I closed the room and hid under the couch hoping nobody could see me... :dunce:

You can open a room for whatever you want to run in the WRS Club. If it is a current event, post in the related thread that you have a room open and others might join you.

Last edited:

It is just encouraged to open up a room in the WRS for any sort of racing. The club is there to bring WRS-ers together. If one does not like the settings, they can ask the host or just open up a new lobby themselves. Indeed, as Patrick said, it is recommended you post to the relevant thread if you are practicing for an upcoming event. 👍

Hello all,

I am planning to do a single race at Midfield on March 21st. It will be open to people who are registered with WRS, and placed in D2,D3 or D4 (No D1 drivers!). The idea is that this will be a multi-class endurance race (2 hours) where we won't have cars we KNOW we can't catch.

I am posting here to promote the race with permission from @PASM and @Gravitron since the Single-Race forum doesn't get much attention from WRS-participants.

If you are in D2/D3 or D4 and would like to participate, please see the race thread which can be found here.

Maybe I am wrong, but have you guys noticed some diferences in car physic while online racing? Usually I do practices on Tuesday for Wednesday race. I do all settings the same as shown in the race thread and ran less or more distance as it is in the race. I try to simulate race: see tyre and fuel wear, choose braking points, do pit stops and so on. But in the race loby car usually feels diferent, egz. if I am braking in the breaking point from practice, I cant stop a car. My fastest lap time in the race usually far slower when in the practice. How it could be?

Maybe I am wrong, but have you guys noticed some diferences in car physic while online racing?
Yes. Sometimes when I have lag, the car stops in one frame, but when it moves it did not catch up, so that is an extreme example. I don't think it is possible to do a lap where this does not happen at all, barring LAN which isn't enabled.

Noticed that too. I think it's something to do with situation when you're alone on your online lobby and when there's more drivers in lobby. Also lobby/room host might have something do with it too. All comes to network traffic.

It is because in practice your fuel is set to lower value even that it shows full tank and your tires have always max grip. These two premisses should do the difference in online lobby, but when you set your lobby to not wear tires and fuel, the game calculates as the tank is on full load so car is heavier and therefore has different weight balance. Is not good to test car for online race in offline mode. You'll be always faster in offline

Guys, i'm in panic mode lol :scared: lost my pedals - brake pedal started to brake itself, not much, but few times a lap and it drives me crazy. In the morning all was good, turned system off, after few hours turned on and here it is. :banghead:🤬

Any ideas?:confused:

Guys, i'm in panic mode lol :scared: lost my pedals - brake pedal started to brake itself, not much, but few times a lap and it drives me crazy. In the morning all was good, turned system off, after few hours turned on and here it is. :banghead:🤬

Any ideas?:confused:
What wheel you got?
my guess DFGT

There is one more thing that could cause this. The potentiometer is secured by metal tabs sitting in plastic slots. It could wear out or just become too loose. I suggest making that connection tighter (I just wrapped the metal tabs with thin strip of electrical tape).

There is one more thing that could cause this. The potentiometer is secured by metal tabs sitting in plastic slots. It could wear out or just become too loose. I suggest making that connection tighter (I just wrapped the metal tabs with thin strip of electrical tape).
maybe i look at this too, because it keeps doing it, less, but still..

Nevermind. I didn't realize they changed the design between DFP and DFGT. The problem I described only affects DFP.
Here is a good DFGT video -

Back