GTP_WRS-Online : Special I - WRS Goes to Hell - 2.4 Hours of the Nürburgring

• Thread starter GTP_Dutchy
  • 478 comments
Nail told me about the Nurb Special Event coming up.
Wondering if I am still registered with WRS?
Either way, what is needed for me to be allowed to participate?

EDK
You are in the board, but not currently registered.

http://wrs.gtplanet.net/driver/TEX-36/

Can you post splits and submit for the current time trial?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-13-wrs-goes-to-hell.375207/

You can just post splits in the thread and the board will pick you up.

My bad, sorry folks :embarrassed:

Practice room up

0474 6005 7368 1792 7236

closed

Last edited:
I would like to register for one of the support races, namely Support Race 3 as that will be 2:00pm local time for me.

I am already on the registration table (PSN ID: Need4Speed685), so what do I need to do to be able to qualify for the feature race?

I would like to register for one of the support races, namely Support Race 3 as that will be 2:00pm local time for me.

I am already on the registration table (PSN ID: Need4Speed685), so what do I need to do to be able to qualify for the feature race?
Register for the support race via the link in this post and for the feature race in this link and I think you'll good to go. :cheers:

Qualifying Support Race
  • Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Length: Single out-lap and 1 single timed hot lap.
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enought to warrant safety in order to avoid traffic during qualifying.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualifiying groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.
Qualifying Main Feature Race
  • There are 5 support races. Every driver has to attend at least one of these support races in the car they want to drive the main feature race in.
  • A driver can attend as many support races as they want and in whichever car they want, after their mandatory support race in the car selected for the feature race is completed.
  • The fastest lap in your support race will determine lobby split and grid order for the main feature race.
  • In an extroardinairy circumstance the stewards can decide to change roomsplits at their discretion.
  • The stewards may exclude drivers who are not able to control the car on track and around traffic. The driver may then pick a slower class car to do the races in. These decisions happen at the stewards' discretion.

Notes for the WW support race on Saturday:

60min Endurance Race

Please join early and do some practice laps. That will set the grid order and we'll do a start like we'll do for the 2.4hr race:
Race start
  • The system will place all drivers on the grid and begin the countdown timer.
  • Drivers should remain stopped on the grid after the countdown timer, or as follows:
  • Gridstart is in order for this race
    LMP1 will start at greenlight.
    GT3 will wait until the timer is at 30 seconds.
    GT4 will wait until the timer is at 60 seconds. Moving while waiting for the start of the GT3 or GT4 class will result in a penalty.
  • False starts will result in a penalty.
  • After the start the leader of the class will accelerate to 100kmh/62mph and the pack should perform a staggered formation till T3 (beginning of the back straight on the GP track). As soon as the driver hears the beep when passing T3 he may now accelerate to race pace.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.
Please read...staggered formation lap at 100kph until T3, with 30sec time gaps for the 3 classes. When you pass the white line at T3, you're racing, but let's avoid passing into the GP chicane.

There will be people that want to race all-out and there will be qualifiers that may drop back to find clean air (if you drive the car you've signed up for the 2.4), so please take it easy. (The Eagles kind of "Take it Easy" :P)

Last edited:
Are we doing sim driver changes? Wouldn't be a bad idea at least in a one or two support races so every body is familiar with procedures.
We are. The way it will work is somewhat simpler than in the past. If you don't tell your guys what tires to put on the car, they just stand there in a confused and catatonic state. :lol:

Once 5 minutes passes, you tell them what to do, and they go to work.

Just a word for the stewards or room host today, if I get stuck on the grid please just go ahead with the race because I don't want to be a nuisance for everyone else involved and it seems I'm getting the shortest straw most times. It's just unfair to make you guys waste half an hour just for one racer.
I'll love you guys anyway :D

EDK
We are. The way it will work is somewhat simpler than in the past. If you don't tell your guys what tires to put on the car, they just stand there in a confused and catatonic state. :lol:

Once 5 minutes passes, you tell them what to do, and they go to work.
So in the support race tonight, everybody has to do a pit stop like that, and take a screenshot as proof?

Just a word for the stewards or room host today, if I get stuck on the grid please just go ahead with the race because I don't want to be a nuisance for everyone else involved and it seems I'm getting the shortest straw most times. It's just unfair to make you guys waste half an hour just for one racer.
I'll love you guys anyway :D

I'm gonna be really angry if you can't race and you don't want to be around me when I get angry :dopey:

To take a screenshot:

Share button on the controller and then select Take Screenshot, then Circle button to back out when it asks where to share (YouTwitFace). You can do that anywhere on the ps4, you don't have to be in a game. The pic will be saved to Capture Gallery, which is an app next to your games.

You can also just hold the Share button for 2sec and it will save the screenshot without bringing up any menus.

Back