GTP_WRS-Online : Suggestions Box

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 188 comments
Proof:

autumn-ring-mini-copy-jpg.203092

We had that not too long ago. It was fun and I made some new friends. The handicap system compensations were not ideal though so the competition aspect was not that great (ok, maybe it was for the teams that did better than us :)).

I have another idea for compensation: Three or four different cars. You get slower or faster car based on your handicap. It would take some testing but we could use data from previous events and pick similar cars.

And you can put a number on it.

How, please how? Can't find the way to change numbers on race cars either...:grumpy:

I have another idea for compensation: Three or four different cars. You get slower or faster car based on your handicap. It would take some testing but we could use data from previous events and pick similar cars.

Was wondering how that would work not long ago, maybe a car for each division?

How? Please, how? And I can't find the way to change numbers on race car either...:irked:

Race cars that are modeled after a real world cars can't have their number changed (Cusco Subaru for example). All "base model" race cars (for example the three GT300 cars we used at the RBR event) can have the numbers changed. Since update 1.10 most premium (high detail graphics) non-race cars can have the number added (car number in the garage menu).

I'm always #21.

That's what I thought. We could probably go for the lowest average on the team with penalty for deviation (so ideally all members of the team would post the same time).

Back on topic...

As you may have noticed, there's a great amount of data on Suzuka for car comparisons.

Ultimate List of Suzuka Lap Times For Over 600 Cars!

Having more races with more than one type of car would be dope. :dopey:

...you're welcome.

Seriously, how has this not been implemented yet? If you guys need help to figure which cars to use, I can definitely help. I'm sure a few others would likely help too (as stated by a few people here)...all you need to do is ask (actually, you don't even need to ask since we already seem to be wanting to help). I like driving in organized races in GT6 and having races other than just one-makes would make WRS races even more interesting and fun (not that they are not interesting and fun, just that they would be even MORE interesting and fun).

...Three or four different cars. You get slower or faster car based on your handicap. It would take some testing but we could use data from previous events and pick similar cars.

Last edited:
How, please how? Can't find the way to change numbers on race cars either...:grumpy:

Go to your garage and then to car number, you can choose the pattern (circle or square) the font, and the number on almost all premium cars now. That was added in a recent update.

Last edited:
http://www.x-bow-battle.at
What about that series turned into a special event on 2 different tracks.
The two tracks from the series that exist in GT6 are Ascari and RedBull Ring.
See http://www.x-bow-battle.at/site/kfz_teile_boerse.html for the car details.
It should be X-Bow R 330-350HP Sport medium or Soft (it's driven on race slicks), original weight, suspension/Break Balance adjustable + chasis improvement and aero parts, to make it match the original race series.

http://www.x-bow-battle.at/site/DOK/regulations_2014.pdf

Last edited:
The allowance of body modifications for both cosmetic purposes and to add tuning for downforce.

With the recent addition of brake painting and number stickers, GT6 is slowly allowing us to customize our rides. How about we pick a week where the car has a few different body parts (wings, grills, headlight covers, racing brakes, etc.) available to be customized into multiple combinations by each driver? This would make it possible for everyone to have the exact same car, but each car could look entirely unique.

Last edited:
I have a suggestion for the career championship.What if we don't have a lap cap and instead have a weight ballast penalty for the top 3 or top 5 of each race?Like BTCC.That would keep the competition close.Don't you think?

I have a suggestion for the career championship.What if we don't have a lap cap and instead have a weight ballast penalty for the top 3 or top 5 of each race?Like BTCC.That would keep the competition close.Don't you think?
To do that we'd have to remove the "Tuning Prohibited" setting on the room, and I'm not sure we really want to do that just yet.

The cars in a PP range are so Diverse that adding ballast for the winners will not really work either.

To do that we'd have to remove the "Tuning Prohibited" setting on the room, and I'm not sure we really want to do that just yet.

I understand.Maybe a reverse grid then?
The lap cap in my opinion its taking more than its adding to the championship.For example,last Sunday I got crashed from another guy's lag and my car ofcourse had damage for half the first lap.After this I knew I had no chance catching the guys in front of me because we all had the same pace more or less.

I like the lap cap system (for obvious reasons :)). I think it gives anyone a chance to win (with slight advantage to consistent average speed drivers). Lag accidents happen regardless of handicap system.
The ballast system is used in other series and I like that too. I agree with Paul that it works better with a grid full of identical cars.
I might be putting together an event where I'll use tire compound for handicap (combined with weak draft or maybe even boost).

Last edited:
Hey guys are you planning to do another F1, GT3, LM championship like you did on GT5 anytime in the near future? I think it'd be cool to put all of the new race cars in action over a whole series with some of the best GT6 drivers here.

Let's hope so. I think a bunch of guys are in the middle of that Credit Championship right now, and running two championships at once would kinda jam up the WRS. Were you thinking one running along side a real life racing series to RP with an actual series or one that is strictly WRS invented and just the specific types of race cars running how we choose (I personally like both ways).

I'd be willing to help in case any stewards need testers or organizers.

Latest Posts

Back