GTP_WRS-Online : Suggestions Box

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 188 comments
There has been a lot of TV coverage lately about a few of the races in the coming weeks (Daytona 500 & 24 Hours of Daytona). Documentaries and testing coverage are getting me in the mood for the various auto racing series. Kinda wish there would have been a Daytona Road Course organized race this week or next using cars similar to the ones that would be used from any of the classes. (the Deltawing, among others are there this weekend)

It got me thinking that it would be cool to occasionally theme a race after an event that happened in the real world the weeks before or after.

Examples:

• A Day/Night transition at the Daytona Road Course for the 24 Hour race this weekend.
  • Same as above but for any of the 24 Hour races at Spa, Le Mans, The Ring, etc.
  • Tracks currently being used that weekend for Indy, NASCAR, F1, GT500, etc.
  • Historical Races using historical cars for these same races when possible.
Update: The biggest auto racing event in the United States and one of the most popular races in the world (Daytona 500) takes place this weekend. I wonder what GT Planet has in store for us during this week's WRS activities?

update2: nuthin'

Last edited:
We ran an entire F1 series last year that paralleled real world dates and locations (Monaco, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Japan) so we agree it adds a bit of fun to the experience. Unfortunately, Daytona this year was just too close to our launch of the registry and our resources were just overloaded and no spare time available to plan a special event in January. You can probably imagine the hours that goes into organizing a really slick special event. If not, think very high.

We'll keep that one in mind for next year though. :sly: I think you can look forward to some cool WRS special events this year and some may align with real world dates. Putting on a first class event requires available stewards on the target date so that will trump using the real dates for some events.

@GTP_DeathStar , as stated above, it takes a lot of time to set up these races, but hang in there, and I am sure you will like what is comming in the next few months..... Like Tim said, we raced F1 and GT3 at the real life time settings in GT5, and you can be pretty sure events like this will happen in GT6, some times the TT's are also about things happening in real life....

also : a monthly event needs also a lot of practise, once you know how things are done in WRS, you will see that being commited to one event every month, alongside the TT's will be more then enough to keep you busy 👍

Well with brands hatch and silverstone now in the game. Once the BTCC hits those curcuits, you could always bring out the a Cup Car (maybe Megane). And when the 24hrs and Silverstone rock up, same deal but rock 2 sets of 8, each with a different class. This might be a event creator mode due to it being time and not lap specific.

As a big GTPlanet advocate I think my crazy ideas are digestible by those who know how off the wall somethings are that suggest that have to do w/ online racing and how I want certain things :lol: Well.......... :lol: now that us who don't know that much about Jordan but were able to applaud his participation in "KAZ" of which I was pleasantly surprised that he jumped right in and made his presents known and what a compliment from Kaz to invite him along for the ride. It started me a thunkin (here it comes 💡) why isn't GTP (aka Jordan) kicking in and providing a promotional mechanism on GTP's youtube or what ever video site GTP uses to promote the site, but throw down and support the only authorized GTP branded online races from the only GTP recognized promotional body "GTP WRS Online" that provides the place that our TT competition (the oldest GT competition on the web) to take place, another GTP authorized competition. I'm talking a third party involvement to gather up the video that can be extracted from the competitors and stitch it together and add a commentator.

I'm talking, taking the talent around here and putting together the greatest video presentation of our online races without the one guy camera angle, but drawing from all the video from each racer after the race in a cut and past production which would kill off lag issues and sketchy replay car jitterz that the game does when you watch other cars the game records post lag. Each driver can only present real time recordings because every other car is susceptible to lag recording.

I haven't done a movie in some time but would love to gather up the NTSC video from a race and put together an example of what it is that I'm trying to explain. Since I only have the NTSC USA version of the game I can only replay and chop the stuff I can upload to my PS3 everyone else would be susceptible to nervous replay footage.

There is something here, look if you know anything about the WWF or what it used to be called (fake wrestling) it started in Sacramento, my home town and it was called "Big Time Wrestling". It was filmed at the Memorial Auditorium here locally. If you can promote bums like that to some lofty position then this should be a cake walk.

Hallucination over :eek:

Hey Lefty, replays are no longer region locked so you can import replays from anyone in GT6. Please share your creation... I'm looking forward to it.

NOTE: We will be maintaining a copy of every official replay (unless some glitch or bug prevents it) so they will be available to all.

I have an idea. How about a short karting championship? No idea about which specific kart I'd perfer, but it could have 2-3 short sprint races at a track each week, for about a month.

How is WRS dealing with the pit glitch? One way to deal with it is to just have everyone do a pit-stop on lap 1 and then line back up in race formation. It's the only way real way to have an even race. Though TT lap times will always be faster then the race fastest lap.

EDIT:maybe should've posted this under general discussion?

How is WRS dealing with the pit glitch? One way to deal with it is to just have everyone do a pit-stop on lap 1 and then line back up in race formation. It's the only way real way to have an even race. Though TT lap times will always be faster then the race fastest lap.

EDIT:maybe should've posted this under general discussion?

You could class it as a bit of stratergy, if its a second slower a lap is it worth staying out longer on the 1st set of tyres, its the same for everyone on track so there is no advantage or disadvantge with the glitch.

Yah, the pit glitch is basically a pain, but no reason to stop racing. As hasslemoff said it just means different strategy. In our races last night it meant some of us going for a no stop over 50+ minutes of driving instead of a sure 1 stop. Saving tires came into play... in some case it worked out and in some cases if you weren't good enough to hold positions why saving tires it didn't. We had 1 and 0 stop results all over the board including winners from both in various rooms. So race on... with or without the bug.

That would be cool as the next Enduro. The Ford Falcon as the GT1 class and one of the Holdens as the GT3 class.
Haha perhaps. There's already some ideas in the mixer currently, but it's worth a thought ;)

An All-Star Race. First you would take the top drivers in each division. Pick a manufacturer and then have each division in a different car. For example, if we were to pick Ford: Div1 - Ford GT LM Race Car, Div2 - Ford GT Street Car, Div3 - Mustang Boss 302, Div4 - Focus ST. We could also use a car that has a high number and wide variety, like the Nissan Skyline. Example: Div1 - GT-R GT3, Div2 - GT-R Black Edition, Div3 - Coupe 350GT, Div4 - 2000GT-R.

This could be used as a Time Trial, but I was thinking more along the lines of one race on one of the longer tracks. :gtpflag:

Because this is an All-Star Race, supplement races for the rest of the drivers in the divisions would be available.

Member's Choice Award Race
  1. A Special Event where a GT Planet member gets to choose the next car and/or track for a Special Event race.
  2. Another way to go would be to use whichever race to determine a top 3; then have one driver pick the track, another pick a manufacturer, and the third pick the car.
  3. Yet another way to go would be to have a member pick from a pre-chosen list of cars/tracks.
I'm sure there are many other ways to get the membership involved in the choosing of cars/tracks; maybe not for the Weeklies, but for one-shot races throughout the year.

Member's Choice Award Race
  1. A Special Event where a GT Planet member gets to choose the next car and/or track for a Special Event race.
  2. Another way to go would be to use whichever race to determine a top 3; then have one driver pick the track, another pick a manufacturer, and the third pick the car.
  3. Yet another way to go would be to have a member pick from a pre-chosen list of cars/tracks.
I'm sure there are many other ways to get the membership involved in the choosing of cars/tracks; maybe not for the Weeklies, but for one-shot races throughout the year.
Well, at the end of GT5 we ran a "Greatest hits" event (look them up in the archive) where all the events were chosen by voting from the WRS community. I'm sure there will be more oppertunities like that, and of course there is always the TT suggestion box if you think you have found an excellent combo. If the admins like the sound of it, I'm sure they will give it a whirl to see if it is viable.

Well, here's my suggestions for the WRS:

Nissan R92CP
Racing Hard tires, all parts allowed except power parts; oil change and chassis Reinforcement allowed
Normal tire wear, 40 laps @ Cote d' Azur

Mazda RX500
Sports Soft tires
Any tuning allowed up to 500pp, power limiting is not allowed
Fast tire wear, 16 laps

After the great fun I had at the Ring with the race BRZ I would really love to see another GT300 event.
These cars are easy to control. It brought the divisions closer together.

I think a WRS GT-300 series would be just great...and maybe two 20 lap short races, qualy result for the first, inverted grid for the second like the world touring championship is doing this season? I know is not very fair for the fast guys, but it surely makes for very intense racing.

Last edited:
Multi-class Races -- two types of cars with differing speeds on the same track at the same time

1-GT/Street
2-Prototype/GT
3-GT500/GT300
4-Old/New (street cars/same car)
5-Old/New (race cars/different car)
6-Old/New (race cars/same car)
7-Fast/Slow (same brand)
8-Fast/Slow (different brand)
9-Fast/Slow (race cars)

Examples --

1-GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN '13/Nissan GT-R '07
2-Audi R18 TDI Prototype '11/Audi R8 LMS ultra '12
3-Nissan Z GT500 Base Model '06/Autobacs Garaiya GT300 Base Model '08
4-Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) '63/Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14
5-Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64/Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) LM Race Car '06
6-Ford GT40 Race Car '69/Ford GT LM Race Car
7-Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13/Ford Ka '01
8-TOYOTA 86 "Racing" '13/Honda FIT RS '10
9-Pagani Zonda LM Race Car/Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Base Model '08

Feel free to use this list to help make future WRS events.

Last edited:
Back