GTP_WRS Pit Box : Want to chat? - Need help? Post here.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,684 comments
Hi gang,

pfeeww, it's been a good while since I was last here :) Still a few familiar names around from way back in the day, that's good 👍

As Andy aleady said, I finally gave up holding out for GT5, and bought me a PS3 and GT5P. And after only 5 days I no longer could resist the call from the WRS. My driving skills are still very rusty after such a long time, but what the hey.

Just a quick question before I submit my qualifyer. Could you just confirm that it is legal for me to do the qualifyer with the ideal line turned on? I can't find a mention that it would be illegal, so I guess it's OK?

See you guys out on the track real soon!

Long time no see, Bart.
It's good to hear you've given in.

As Timo said the driving/ideal line can be used for the qualifier.
So far the ideal line can be used as a driver's option each week also.

I'll be looking to compete with you. As I recall you were just a bit faster than I. :sly:

Hi gang,

pfeeww, it's been a good while since I was last here :) Still a few familiar names around from way back in the day, that's good 👍

As Andy aleady said, I finally gave up holding out for GT5, and bought me a PS3 and GT5P. And after only 5 days I no longer could resist the call from the WRS. My driving skills are still very rusty after such a long time, but what the hey.

Just a quick question before I submit my qualifyer. Could you just confirm that it is legal for me to do the qualifyer with the ideal line turned on? I can't find a mention that it would be illegal, so I guess it's OK?

See you guys out on the track real soon!
Hee Bart!
Nice to see you're back. GTP and WRS has changed a bit since you were away. This is WRS 2.0, with great combo's, fine stewards and many new racers around who'll give you splits and laptimes to chew on :cool:

Have fun racing and I hope you do well in the qualifier. A high Div3/low Div2 score should be in easy reach for you 👍 EDIT :lol: I see you're already placed in Div3 Silver - well done!

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome back, guys! I'm very happy with my spot in Div3. I was kinda expecting to get a high Div4 spot at the best, so I was pleasantly supprised :)

Now it's time to get to the job. I'll get into that Ferrari and hope I can keep up with the rest of you Div3-ers.

See you!

Hello guys,
After, it seems, 22 weeks of absence i'm thinking to return to the WRS.
Looking forward to racing here again!

Sorry Andy, I missed this post. :indiff:

It's been 22 weeks? Wow, how time flies.

Looking forward to seeing you here again. 👍

I was just reading through the archive, and it brought back some not-so-distant memories. My couple of div 3 wins. My claiming to do a race and then forgetting. My promotion to div 2. My even more "don't feel like it" attitude towards the races. The photomode comps. The Stingray at Hong Kong, Mini at Tsukuba, and my first race, the Caterham at Midfield. And then I got all sad because the GT4 WRS has ended. And I don't intend to buy another GT game until GT5.

I just wish I had actually done more races so I wouldn't feel like I missed out on so much, but I also wish GT5 would come out already so I can get back into it. :)

I just wish I had actually done more races so I wouldn't feel like I missed out on so much, but I also wish GT5 would come out already so I can get back into it. :)

Well Mini it has been awhile.
I suggest if you have an PS3 already than you are missing out, again.
If you don't have an PS3 then go out and get one with a copy of Prologue.
The game may be cheaper than $60 now, but if not, the experience gained before the (rumored) December release would be invaluable.
The pro physics in this game are very slippery and can take some getting use to.

Either way see you after the full release.

Hi, I just signed up at the forums and would like to sign up for the GTP WRS Racing Series but I've encountered some problems when trying to sign-up.

1. I successfully registered a GTP_PSN ID (GTP_JSabri)
2. I have an original PSN ID, so I created a new account on the PS3
3. I successfully signed in with my GTP_JSabri account on my new account on the PS3
4. I start GT5P and my save file won't load.
5. I try to go back to the original PS3 account and sign on my new PSN ID but it says I cannot sign in with others' e-mail adresses.

Anyone know what I can do?

Thanks,
JSabri

EDIT: I think I've solved the problem myself :) I copied my save file from the 1st PS3 account to my "GTP" one. Seems to work well with signing in to different PSN accounts although I will have two save files...

Last edited:
Hi, I just signed up at the forums and would like to sign up for the GTP WRS Racing Series but I've encountered some problems when trying to sign-up.

1. I successfully registered a GTP_PSN ID (GTP_JSabri)
2. I have an original PSN ID, so I created a new account on the PS3
3. I successfully signed in with my GTP_JSabri account on my new account on the PS3
4. I start GT5P and my save file won't load.
5. I try to go back to the original PS3 account and sign on my new PSN ID but it says I cannot sign in with others' e-mail adresses.

Anyone know what I can do?

Thanks,
JSabri

EDIT: I think I've solved the problem myself :) I copied my save file from the 1st PS3 account to my "GTP" one. Seems to work well with signing in to different PSN accounts although I will have two save files...

Hi mate.

Thats right, but you'll only update the one account each time that your logged into.

Phillip.

-------------------------And----------------------------

On a scale of 100, I devide my points 55 / 45 :)

what would you do?

A difficult choice. The first one has a lot more energy, but I think the instruments are played better in the second one. My choice:

45:55

A great song Sjaak.

Hi, I need help!

I'm trying to upload my replay for the Elise WRS event, I've copied it onto my computer fine, but I dont know how to insert in into my post. How do you attatch files?
Thanks in advance :)

When you make a post and scroll down you will see "manage attachments'.
Click on it and you will be able to upload a file from your pc.

So, now we have official word there will be an entirely new physics engine in GT5 (hope it works in favour of the Z06 :P), I wanted to know, will all the registry divisions be scrapped and need to start over? I know it'd be one helluva lot more work for the race admin than for us. Or perhaps the better option is to just keep the divisions the way they are and see where we are when the dust settles? If some people are not performing as well, they be demoted, if some are going extremely well they are promoted.........

So, now we have official word there will be an entirely new physics engine in GT5 (hope it works in favour of the Z06 :P), I wanted to know, will all the registry divisions be scrapped and need to start over? I know it'd be one helluva lot more work for the race admin than for us. Or perhaps the better option is to just keep the divisions the way they are and see where we are when the dust settles? If some people are not performing as well, they be demoted, if some are going extremely well they are promoted.........

There will almost certainly be a new qualifier, with everyone getting a fresh division placement. It would be even more work to try and sort everyone out and promote them, particularly considering the potential for online events being much more frequent, with private rooms becoming available. The results of those are more difficult to track ability in as compared to time trial.

It'd be very sensible to start from scratch in WRS when GT5 arrives. I really look forward to be part of that from the very beginning, tho it'll take quite an effort to make some game progress quickly and the temptation to download a gamesave will be big :D

It's true that the mods will have a lot of work in those first weeks or months after the game release, and I'd like to volunteer here and now to assist in the work that will need to be done then.

What Steven said. More than happy to lend my brains. That said Steven, I think Luxy could be quite busy. With private rooms. I'd love to see the WRS in two formats. Trials and Races. With the occasional big tournament, 3 times a year or so.

EDK
There will almost certainly be a new qualifier, with everyone getting a fresh division placement. It would be even more work to try and sort everyone out and promote them, particularly considering the potential for online events being much more frequent, with private rooms becoming available. The results of those are more difficult to track ability in as compared to time trial.

OK fair enough.:) I do hope I am good enough to make Div.2 next time. I'll do my best to make as little work for you all as possible.;)

What Steven said. More than happy to lend my brains. That said Steven, I think Luxy could be quite busy. With private rooms. I'd love to see the WRS in two formats. Trials and Races. With the occasional big tournament, 3 times a year or so.
LOL it would be a nightmare to think of a WRS with hundreds of participants every week ... what I actually hope for is that the private rooms will offer functionality for rankings just like in Prologue now but then only for GTP players :scared: :scared: :scared:

Hello everyone. I haven't been on GTP in a long time(about a year I think), so I wanted to see what the WRS was upto. And it turns out it's no more, or atlease the way I remember it. I have been looking around and I see they are now using GT5P for it. I'm glad to this as it makes me feel like we are getting one step closer to GT5. So now I will need to get a GTP PSN set so I can race again. And maybe I will not be to slow for everyone here. It feels good to be back on GTP.

Hey James, Nice to see ya back 👍

I've not been playin gt5p much and tbh never got very good at it anyway :dopey: Give me a holler if/when you want to have some laps online.

As a newcomer, I just wanted to ask if there are certain days when new WRS races unfold?

EDIT: Also, why are there always just 4 divisions in the WRS? Does no one from Div 5 participate?

I apologize for my ignorance :ouch:

As a newcomer, I just wanted to ask if there are certain days when new WRS races unfold?

EDIT: Also, why are there always just 4 divisions in the WRS? Does no one from Div 5 participate?

I apologize for my ignorance :ouch:

Races are normally posted up on Sunday morning in your time zone. It will vary, week to week, depending on my schedule. But certainly will go up on Sunday. Deadlines are always Mondays at 11:59 pm GMT.

Division 5 participation is extremely limited, and normally, those from D5 who participate are competitive in D4, and bumped up right away.

Hope that helps. :)

Kevin

EDK
Races are normally posted up on Sunday morning in your time zone. It will vary, week to week, depending on my schedule. But certainly will go up on Sunday. Deadlines are always Mondays at 11:59 pm GMT.

Division 5 participation is extremely limited, and normally, those from D5 who participate are competitive in D4, and bumped up right away.

Hope that helps. :)

Kevin

Clears it pretty much up, thanks :).

One question though, and maybe this is just my sense of time being messed up, but was WRS 52 posted on 21st October? Or was the thread created on that date and remained hidden or something? Because at the top of the thread you can see:

"Oct 21 2009, 4:35 AM"

But the first reply was on 25th, indeed a Sunday.

:crazy:

Sorry for my rambling :scared:

Clears it pretty much up, thanks :).

One question though, and maybe this is just my sense of time being messed up, but was WRS 52 posted on 21st October? Or was the thread created on that date and remained hidden or something? Because at the top of the thread you can see:

"Oct 21 2009, 4:35 AM"

But the first reply was on 25th, indeed a Sunday.

:crazy:

Sorry for my rambling :scared:

I was away last weekend, so I made the thread in advance, in a hidden forum, and posted it on the 25th.

Back