GTP_WRS Pit Box : Want to chat? - Need help? Post here.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,684 comments
That sucks Philip.

There is plenty of info here at GTPlanet for repairs.

Sounds like a potential potentiometer problem.

Good luck.

Flickering brake lights, looks like I’ve got to take my pedal box apart. :grumpy:

Oh man, I hope you get it fixed Philip, I'll be posting a quicker WRS74 time today for you to chase.

Good luck,
Dan

I'm possibly pointing this question at Steven, but anyone can answer if they know.
Was the week just gone-74- the most amount of posts, a record? There was 250. :crazy:

I'm possibly pointing this question at Steven, but anyone can answer if they know.
Was the week just gone-74- the most amount of posts, a record? There was 250. :crazy:

Week 51 had 257

But if you looking for all time, Week 7 in GT4 WRS had 648 replies.

I'd say get a life mate :D
That said, I think I was the one who once tied the number of thread posts to its popularity ...
But I don't know about the post counts so perhaps Kevin or Sjaak can comment on your question.

👍

Thanks CT..... and Steven I think :confused: :lol:

Even though the post count was high, the entries didn't necessarily correspond.
That's some all time record :crazy: :drool: Were the actual entries numbers high aswell?

Anyone who has the NTSC PSN version of GT5P mind reviewing my replay for WRS 74 so my time can be verified please? EDK mentioned that some of the members who were running WRS in the past with the downloaded version aren't active anymore. Tomorrow I will go get a used copy from Gamestop, but I am hoping someone who is lurking on the WRS section could help me out. I am also bummed because I just beat my current Splits for WRS 75. But now they won't count if I can't find someone to verify my times -_-' I even tried changing the the replay from BCUS extension to the NP whatever extension that is used for the downloaded ntsc version but it came up as corrupted when I tried to view it.

Anyone who has the NTSC PSN version of GT5P mind reviewing my replay for WRS 74 so my time can be verified please? EDK mentioned that some of the members who were running WRS in the past with the downloaded version aren't active anymore. Tomorrow I will go get a used copy from Gamestop, but I am hoping someone who is lurking on the WRS section could help me out. I am also bummed because I just beat my current Splits for WRS 75. But now they won't count if I can't find someone to verify my times -_-' I even tried changing the the replay from BCUS extension to the NP whatever extension that is used for the downloaded ntsc version but it came up as corrupted when I tried to view it.

Get yourself the Pal version 👍 Changing the extension wont work because it has something to do with it being a downloaded version of GT5P. Can't think of the exact things as its to early in the morning :lol:

If you haven't spent any time perusing the WRS archive, you really should! Set your board preferences to view all posts. I think default is 1 year. That will show you the entire history of WRS. :)

Week 7 thread is here. It was a complicated tuning week, so there were a lot more questions and conversation. Plus, it was one of the first weeks of GT4. Hence, the extreme number of thread replies. They had 72 participants that week, but I fully expect 100+ early in GT5 (If it's ever released :rolleyes: )

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64326

Guys when the rules say you have to be offline does that mean you have to not be signed in to psn

Guys when the rules say you have to be offline does that mean you have to not be signed in to psn

Correct. The goal is to prevent the times from being posted to the online leaderboard.

Guys how do you find your t1 and t2 times I have saved the ghost of my fastest lap but how do I find the t1 and t2.

Guys how do you find your t1 and t2 times I have saved the ghost of my fastest lap but how do I find the t1 and t2.

When you watch your replay, press square and the time (along with other data) will appear on the screen. Simply record your T1 and T2 then as they come up (but be quick, they don't stay on screen long!)

As soon as your replay starts hit the square button....your time will start scrolling and your T1 and T2 will freeze momentarily as your car passes through those zones. The X button allows you to toggle the views....

I would like to add that to see your split times (T1 and so on) you need to view your replay from the replay menu on My Page, the main menu.
If you view your replay from the in-race menu while racing the split times do not show.

EDK
If you haven't spent any time perusing the WRS archive, you really should! Set your board preferences to view all posts. I think default is 1 year. That will show you the entire history of WRS. :)

Ok thanks for that 👍
I was possibly being a bit slack and probably relying on someone knowing off the top of their head. I shall look a little harder in future. :)

Flickering brake lights, looks like I’ve got to take my pedal box apart. :grumpy:

Problem came back again mid week so out off action, think I have one replay on the 16th that does not have flickering brake lights, so I'll submit that time tomorrow for the Evora @ London.

Phillip.

Problem came back again mid week so out off action, think I have one replay on the 16th that does not have flickering brake lights, so I'll submit that time tomorrow for the Evora @ London.

Phillip.
G25 pedals seem to be much more reliable. Not sure if you're still in warranty, though?

Phillip.

The same thing happened to me this week; I noticed the brake lights flickering on my Evora going down the straight. It was only for one lap though, I restarted the lap and it was fine. :confused:

I think (hope) it was only a one-off, as I haven't had any trouble since.

Last edited:
Hopefully this is the correct section to ask. What happens if a driver decides to take a break from competing in WRS? Do we lose our current division ranking or something rather? Since Super SFIV is coming out in a few days, I will be taking a few weeks off WRS to start practicing for upcoming tournaments and such. Was just curious to find out if anything does happen to penalize one driver. Thanks!

Hopefully this is the correct section to ask. What happens if a driver decides to take a break from competing in WRS? Do we lose our current division ranking or something rather? Since Super SFIV is coming out in a few days, I will be taking a few weeks off WRS to start practicing for upcoming tournaments and such. Was just curious to find out if anything does happen to penalize one driver. Thanks!

All WRS participants are free to come and go as they please. We'll only demote a drive after their own request, as well as a review of their recent performance.

It has become apparent to me I need to learn a little more about racing. Braking, driving lines, cornering, passing, etc. etc.

Someone recommended a book called secrets of solo racing.

Any suggestions will be most helpful.

Thanks,

jwb

Hello jwb,

You might be helped by browsing thru this site.

For tuning stuff I recommend Scaff's excellent writeups that he wrote for GT4 but are very applicable to Prologue as well.

Good luck and enjoy your stay in WRS.

Hello jwb,

You might be helped by browsing thru this site.

For tuning stuff I recommend Scaff's excellent writeups that he wrote for GT4 but are very applicable to Prologue as well.

Good luck and enjoy your stay in WRS.

That site is pretty interesting. Learned a couple of things already. I'll look at scaff's tune info soon.

Thanks Steven,

JWB

It has become apparent to me I need to learn a little more about racing. Braking, driving lines, cornering, passing, etc. etc.

Someone recommended a book called secrets of solo racing.

Any suggestions will be most helpful.

Thanks,

jwb

I own that book, it's a good read. I think I found it at Barnes and Noble in soft cover for $10 or so. Looks like you can also pick it up for about that on Amazon. It gives you some good ideas about how to use different types of apexes to squeeze the most out of your lap. It spends a lot of time referring to autocross specifically, but you can skip over sections that don't apply.

The community here are very supportive, and do a good job of providing tips specific to individual weeks, and sometimes provide feedback after viewing replays. The book just gives you a more general overview, and can help you past the frustration of finding out what works by accident.

Back