GTP_WRS Pit Box : Want to chat? - Need help? Post here.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,684 comments
I know the wheel discussion has been had many times, but I'm wondering what the most reliable wheel, pedal combo might be. I'm going to start looking at reviews, but I figure this crew is about the best group to get input from. Not sure if i can convince my wife I need another wheel, but it might be time to start my propaganda machine.
Not had any problems with my g29.

But, the best wheel to my knowledge is the CSL Elite. But at $900 for the wheel and pedals it's way way out if my price range.

I had G29 for two years but it's started to have problem with gas pedal (you have to put some Elektro liquid to gas connector to make it work as it should every other two/three months as connector get dry).
I just updated my wheel to Fanatec CSL Elite and I'm happy with this wheel as force feedback is better. Pedals (V3) are also much better but you need get used to pedals - especially brake.
To me most difference between G29 and CSL was brake padel as it's take for me lot to get used to after many years with G29 (and G27).
I play a lot PCARS2 and this wheel work great.
With GTS I have not play it yet with this wheel so I don't know how much different this is compared to G29.

Thanks for the input guys .I seem to remember a fair number of intermittent issues with thrustmaster wheels, although i don't recall exactly what they were. Maybe that only affects certain models, I'll have to start researching. $900 bucks or so is pretty steep, but if i can drive without constantly glancing at my brake indicator it may be worth it.

Unfortunately, it's already been a expensive year: furnace $5000, dog ate his bed $5000, wife had surgery $?????. But hey, that's what keeps life interesting right?

Thanks for the input guys .I seem to remember a fair number of intermittent issues with thrustmaster wheels, although i don't recall exactly what they were. Maybe that only affects certain models, I'll have to start researching. $900 bucks or so is pretty steep, but if i can drive without constantly glancing at my brake indicator it may be worth it.

Unfortunately, it's already been a expensive year: furnace $5000, dog ate his bed $5000, wife had surgery $?????. But hey, that's what keeps life interesting right?

I feel your pain mate, I had one of those years too when everything wanted to go bang on me. The situation with Thrustmaster is, as far as I can tell, no worse than any other brand. They all have Friday wheels! I have had absolutely NO issues with mine at all. I also never had any issues with my T500RS either until PD did an upgrade and knocked out every T500 in the world and by that time my wheel was over 4 years old.

@Cats_PJs Yeah I just went through trying to figure out which one to get, I really don't like making big purchases like this for something only I use, but yet car parts I don't even think twice. :odd:

Anyways it seemed that the G29 was a good bet but the force feedback is less than the T300. The issue with the T300 is that the pedals it comes with are not good and you need to upgrade them, which is more money. So after a week of not being able to decide I stumbled across the T300 RS GT racing wheel, it is the T300 with the TP3A-Pro pedals, and it was under $350 at the time on sale. I just searched it on amazon and it is $300 right now.

I am very happy with my decision, even after racing for a couple hours (doesn't happen often but sometimes these TT's suck you into oblivion. :lol::lol:) I have not noticed any issues or over heating problems.

I’ve had in order
DFGT
G27
T150
T300

There is no comparison in ff between logitech and Thrustmaster. Both the T150 and the T300 are massivly better than my G27. I got the $300 ish T300 and combined it my G 27 pedals with the Ricmotek adaptor.

Any chance we get to race the recently added Kei cars? It would be really fun if the right track is chosen and will draw some attention.
Honda-S660-Roadster-promo.jpg

I took some pictures last weekend..

#69 - Porsche 911 GT3 R - IronForce by RING POLICE - Slooten/Luhr

#53 - Lamborghini Huracán GT3 - Team Rosberg - Vainio/Beretta

#47 - Mercedes-AMG GT3 - MANN-FILTER Team HTP - Pommer/Götz

#1 - Corvette C7 GT3-R - Callaway Competition - Kirchhöfer/Keilwitz

Back