GTP_WRS Pit Box : Want to chat? - Need help? Post here.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,684 comments
This thread might give an extra bit of insight mate, the only other real option around that price point is the T300 which is also discussed in the thread. Interestingly the guy that started the discussion was all Logitech to start but at the end he says he bought the T300!

No link on your post, but I have read a lot on wheel comparisons on GTplanet and google. (I am a green personality I have to investigate everything before I do something :lol:) I was looking to see what my fellow WRS friends thought before I pull trigger. I know there are better options, but at a higher price. I figure this will be a gateway wheel, I will start here and in a year or two I will get something better. :lol:

No link on your post, but I have read a lot on wheel comparisons on GTplanet and google. (I am a green personality I have to investigate everything before I do something :lol:) I was looking to see what my fellow WRS friends thought before I pull trigger. I know there are better options, but at a higher price. I figure this will be a gateway wheel, I will start here and in a year or two I will get something better. :lol:

Sorry mate just added the link :banghead:....also follow the link in that thread to another one, all good reading 👍

I’ve had a g25, a t500 and a t300. The g25 was my favourite by far, the only reason I switched to a t500 was the lack of PS4 compatibility.

This is the first time I’m seeing someone liking Logitech better than Thrustmaster.

I have a T300 with GT pedals and it is really great when it comes to force feedback.

That said, TM sure has its issues with reliability, Logitech would be a safer bet there.

Question about wheels....
I have a Logitech Driving Force GT (DFGT) wheel and pedal set and you can have it for free...I don't know if you can or how you can use it with the PS4 / GTS. :)

I have a TM 300 wheel with the TM pro pedal set and like it very much. I use low FFB settings and never had a problem. I did have a problem with the pedal set while under warranty and TM service was perfectly fine to work with...a bit slow but they sent me the part and I fix it quite easily. My unit is two years old and recently started with the random pause button push while driving...annoying for sure. I rebuilt the database on the PS4 and that has helped...it reduced the frequency by 80%.

:cheers:

How very... German of you :lol::odd:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually I am mostly German (Dad from Minnesota lots of Germans settled here) and French (Mom from Louisiana lots of French settled there) so I guess you are correct. :) I didn't know that was German thing. :lol:

I have a Logitech Driving Force GT (DFGT) wheel and pedal set and you can have it for free...I don't know if you can or how you can use it with the PS4 / GTS. :)

Thanks for the offer, but I think by the time (if possible) to get that to work it would have been easier to get a new one. It does look like force feedback is better on the TM but pedals are worse, and so I would need new pedals on top of the wheel, which would be at least an extra $100. Waiting for second Yes from wife before I hit enter, but the G29 is in my cart on Amazon at the moment. :D

One thing I have learned over 20 years of Marriage, yes does not always mean yes. :lol:. We got some projects we need to do over the spring (if it ever comes) and summer, so that is priority but I think I can afford to spend the $275 on the wheel and get projects done.👍

I have had, in order,
DFGT...basic and great for the new player with no experience.

G27....very good no complaints, comes with GREAT pedals

T150..bought quickly because I needed a cheap effective tool to use GTS two years ago...of course GTS never showed. The turn in and track feel was very much better than G27...but pedals were worthless so I got a Ricmotech plug adapter (approved by Thrusmaster) and used my G27 pedals...which with the T150 processor were VERY much better than with G27.
Wheel is basic but is PS approved with right buttons.

T300RS...bought at insistence of good racing buddy. Turn in and track feel (you MUST use higher FF settings to get full effect..currently I use 3/4) were a whole new world. Instead of G27 and T150 "hints" of tire performance followed by radical onset of oversteer or understeer....onset of understeer and oversteer with the T300 progressed from "nibble" to shudder...to crash or tank slapper. Tank slappers can now be felt in onset and usually can be caught rather than be er...experienced...lol ..thus allowing the driver to drive MUCH closer to the edge and thus be both more precise and as a result , faster. I feel that the Thrustmaster wheels are the best I have had the pleasure to drive. My T300 is Grossly better than all previous wheels and my T150 was MUCH better than my G27. IF what I have heard about G29s is correct in that it is a recycled G27, I would not own anything other than a Thrustmaster but would not recommend the T300RS unless you plan to get better pedals. That being said, it has occasional random button inputs, such as Fuel Mixture changing, but this only happens when the "Window" is left open (which really is annoying)
IMHO
....and I am a rather well cured (OLD) driver with both Actual and Virtual experience.

I have no doubt that the T500s and other grossly expensive wheels MIGHT be worth the price...but I'm not sure . Perhaps someone who had done the same progression as I have had but went to T500 or Fanatec...might post their feelings.

My suggestion....T150 ot T300 depending on $$$$

Last edited:
In depth, thanks for that, my only reason for leaning towards the G29 is cost, but I do think I would enjoy the FF from the TM much more, Gutter estimate just came in lower than I thought 💡.......maybe I look into T300 now.....:D
Regardless of which you pick you will be entering a NEW world of car control which more approximates driving Vs Controlling your car. The addition of pedals alone is a HUGE game changer. I greatly Admire controller drivers who can stay with or PASS wheel drivers...and feel their pain....especially in a long race.

@Never2fast1

Logitech DFGT for GT5P and GT5. Took me quite a while to match my controller times (like 6 months! :crazy: Your mileage may vary)

Then @EDK got fed up with Thrustmaster quality and support and went full-on Fanatec, and sent me his T500 and the default pedals, which are heavy as hell and aren't very fun to use. Then he sent me his F1 rim and Logitech G25 pedals. I like the current setup with the GT wheel, the fixed paddles are sometimes hard to reach, but the G25 pedals with the Ricmotech adapter have been great for the past few years. The T500 F1 rim shifters are notorious for the clickers going bad and needing replacing, but I'll stick with the GT rim for now.

I'll probably need a new wheel in the next year or so...this one's been great for me, despite Thrustmaster complaints from GTS drivers.

I think I'd probably go with Logitech G29 if I was buying today, but keep in mind I've not felt the difference that @GTP_Nail described in his T150 vs T300 post. Some people feel more than others in the feedback, and I'm on the numb end. :P

@Never2fast1

Logitech DFGT for GT5P and GT5. Took me quite a while to match my controller times (like 6 months! :crazy: Your mileage may vary)

Then @EDK got fed up with Thrustmaster quality and support and went full-on Fanatec, and sent me his T500 and the default pedals, which are heavy as hell and aren't very fun to use. Then he sent me his F1 rim and Logitech G25 pedals. I like the current setup with the GT wheel, the fixed paddles are sometimes hard to reach, but the G25 pedals with the Ricmotech adapter have been great for the past few years. The T500 F1 rim shifters are notorious for the clickers going bad and needing replacing, but I'll stick with the GT rim for now.

I'll probably need a new wheel in the next year or so...this one's been great for me, despite Thrustmaster complaints from GTS drivers.

I think I'd probably go with Logitech G29 if I was buying today, but keep in mind I've not felt the difference that @GTP_Nail described in his T150 vs T300 post. Some people feel more than others in the feedback, and I'm on the numb end. :P
You're a little out of order, as you started using those G25 pedals with the DFGT, IIRC.

So you already had them and could not do without them, even once you had the T500. ;)

In depth, thanks for that, my only reason for leaning towards the G29 is cost, but I do think I would enjoy the FF from the TM much more, Gutter estimate just came in lower than I thought 💡.......maybe I look into T300 now.....:D

Joe, don't know if you have seen these but might be worth a view, especially the Tidgney one 👍

Last edited:
Been looking back at some of the races which were held at the Birmingham street circuit.

F3000, Cosworth RS500, Metro 6R4 I remember Mansell, blundell.

Evans Halshaw Jaguar use to invite me and the wife there as guests when the races were on, You can see their showroom frontage just to the right of the starting grid in some of the videos. Mind you the 1986 F3000 was that wet, I'm surprised anyone could see anything at all.

I wanted to update my posts about the TM T300RS servo base...I have tried all the advice here and the hardware section and no luck with my unit. It keeps entering the pause menu or the PS blue screen at the worse possible time along with changing the current display on the HUD without my input - Fuel Map 1 becomes a 3...very, very frustrating! :(

At the end, I could sense a "vibration" through the wheel just before it would activate the pause or quit screen...it would even do this while driving down a straight section of road with very little input coming from me. My unit & PS4 are only two years old but I have to go ahead and get another wheel...sad, really.

The Gods lined up for me last week with an early birthday present, left over Amazon Gift Cards and a nice sale on a Thrustmaster T-GT. 👍👍

Problem Solved!! :)

:cheers:

Bass.

So glad your sorted, so frustrating once the electronic gremlins weasel there way in via the USB cable. T-GT very nice, I've been looking due to gremlins too, T-gt or the CSL elite :boggled:

Been in touch with Thrustmaster and they are very helpful with support, but they are getting me checking known parts that are in good working order. as I've been a radio amateur for some 36 years and gained qualifications for electronic servicing in the robotics industry, I think one knows where the problem may lie just on visual inspection.

This T500 is a bit long in the tooth (ha just like me) so maybe just time for a change.

Edit. My post about F3000 @ Birmingham may have an update, looking like Formula E maybe added the the race calendar for Birmingham in the near future.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...west-midlands-mayor-andy-street-a8340676.html

I’m after some advice from members if possible. I’m hoping this is the correct thread to post this in? (If not, then admins feel free to delete)

For my 40th next year I’m looking to do something motorsport based & i’ve come across the Phil Price Rally School who do a full day rally driving experience. This is looking favourite for me to book, but before I do I wanted to see if any of you guys know of any other full day driving experiences (either rally or track based) that might be worth considering too?

Bass.

So glad your sorted, so frustrating once the electronic gremlins weasel there way in via the USB cable. T-GT very nice, I've been looking due to gremlins too, T-gt or the CSL elite :boggled:

Been in touch with Thrustmaster and they are very helpful with support, but they are getting me checking known parts that are in good working order. as I've been a radio amateur for some 36 years and gained qualifications for electronic servicing in the robotics industry, I think one knows where the problem may lie just on visual inspection.

This T500 is a bit long in the tooth (ha just like me) so maybe just time for a change.

Edit. My post about F3000 @ Birmingham may have an update, looking like Formula E maybe added the the race calendar for Birmingham in the near future.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...west-midlands-mayor-andy-street-a8340676.html
I have a T500rs with the Ferrari wheel and the wheel comes loose every so often. That causes my brake to only function 1/2 way. Fixed by tightening the blasted nut back up and cinching the screw real good.

I have a T500rs with the Ferrari wheel and the wheel comes loose every so often. That causes my brake to only function 1/2 way. Fixed by tightening the blasted nut back up and cinching the screw real good.

Thanks for that, I've just looked and all nice and tight. When I try the original wheel it's that tight I have trouble undoing the nut, I think it's age, although the main PCB circuit board is not all that well soldered, way to many dry looking joints and the general workmanship on the finish product is poor. But again that could be down to age and degradation.

Thanks for that, I've just looked and all nice and tight. When I try the original wheel it's that tight I have trouble undoing the nut, I think it's age, although the main PCB circuit board is not all that well soldered, way to many dry looking joints and the general workmanship on the finish product is poor. But again that could be down to age and degradation.
Just by chance did you loosen the set screw on the nut all the way?

I’m after some advice from members if possible. I’m hoping this is the correct thread to post this in? (If not, then admins feel free to delete)

For my 40th next year I’m looking to do something motorsport based & i’ve come across the Phil Price Rally School who do a full day rally driving experience. This is looking favourite for me to book, but before I do I wanted to see if any of you guys know of any other full day driving experiences (either rally or track based) that might be worth considering too?

Sorry mate, not much advice to give. I did a rally day years ago in Oxfordshire (near Blenheim ) but I don't think the organisers are even still in business now. Great day but not much practical use after the day was done other than how to flick a front wheel drive car which is not much use other than in the supermarket car park when you want to terrorise the shoppers.

You might get better benefit from a track day at a race circuit you have always wanted to go to. Most circuits do them now :cheers:

it’s really amazing how tacky the Thrustmaster wheel attachment system is. Like yours mine routinely came loose. Someone suggested that I use silicone sealant ( NOT GLUE!) and it has provided a cheap ( like the wheel) fix. I still have the occasional blue screen ( the last was on the last lap of the Ring Rats 2 hour race last Sunday with full damage on... resulting in a crippled car once I got going again!) . Also the fix to the fuel map decreasing is to not leave the window open. Move back to radar and only open fuel map window as needed. Great wheel with stupid niggiling litte prolems. Still light years better than G/25/7/9.

Working on the success of the GTP_WRS Team Championship Series but I must stress this is in no way connected to our WRS events, side order if you will. WRS members that have Playstation VR head-sets may like to get a little usage out of them, by having a small competition each week in VR.

If members like myself would be interested in this please let me know. I know I'm not getting my money's worth out of mine, it's just gathering dust these last few weeks.

Could be a good testing ground for the future too if PD develop more updates in VR.

Back