GTP_WRS Pit Box : Want to chat? - Need help? Post here.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,684 comments
Sounds a bit rude Luke, be patient dont forget OLR team have to get up to speed on the new game too, before they can pick a suitable track car combo.

Dont forget they do this in their own time most of whom have very busy private live.

Not as though, you've not been around long enough to know how it works.

Phillip.

Sorry if it sounded rude I'm just really eager to to get going on another time trial.

:) Big congratulations to one of our WRS members GTP_jimandtonic :)

Jim and his wife have a beautiful son born 10.20am on the 21st

The little man, has 10 fingers and 10 toes and all is well, weighed 8 pounds 5oz at birth

Regards to both of you. :cheers:

Phillip.

Congratulations Jim, and family! welcome to the sleepless WRS club. Your dreams of promotions will be on the back burner for a while :lol:

Dan.

Now it's my B-day :), They gave me a 1986 Celica lol too bad no Christmas gifts :(.

Better than my '74 Jensen Mk III. :sly:
(This is from Google Images, same color as mine but looks to be a GT4 Pic).
images

The Only online picture I can find is far too big, it's the GT-FOUR Celica and I painted it MNP II

want to chat ? yes. Need help ? yes.
posted here.

Ok, heres what Im thinking will help me. Having one friend with a GTP name I can meet with once a week to drive/race an chat about this stuff with.
I can search around the forums, follow suggestions given to others, an put two an two together, but no matter what, Im going to feel like im walking around in the dark sometimes. I could just pick a few names, add them, and wait an see who accepts, then inundate them with my ignorance:), but Id rather find a volunteer. Any ?

want to chat ? yes. Need help ? yes.
posted here.

Ok, heres what Im thinking will help me. Having one friend with a GTP name I can meet with once a week to drive/race an chat about this stuff with.
I can search around the forums, follow suggestions given to others, an put two an two together, but no matter what, Im going to feel like im walking around in the dark sometimes. I could just pick a few names, add them, and wait an see who accepts, then inundate them with my ignorance:), but Id rather find a volunteer. Any ?

I would not mind. Cant guarantee when I will be online, but mostly weekends.
GTP_MPower is psn.

During a normal WRS week we all have the ability to talk about each weeks combo (car and track) in that weeks thread.
I say a normal week because now we are running the qualifier and we are to be hush hush with our times but you can still ask for help if there is an area you have difficulty with.

Most good drivers are willing to help any and all that ask for it, you may have to be a bit more precise in what you want help with but I realize at this time you just want help in general. That's fine and feel free to ask any questions.

I like the idea about meeting others and practicing, that way you can see what works for each combo and catch some tips along the way. 👍

I can usually help out with WRS rules and how we submit and view replays but I am not the fastest so any tips on driving from me are more or less common knowledge. ;)
If you want to be fast others will have to help you there. :sly:

Welcome to GTPlanet and the WRS!

Suggestion for a WRS format change:

Week 1

Track and car combo, time trials as normal.

Week 2

The best 16 from each division qualify for an online race against each other on that same track and car combo.
Points are awarded in these races (to be determined).

This pattern repeats 6 to 8 times, so seasons are 3 to 4 months long. At the end of the season, promotions and demotions are handled as applicable, with possibly a seperate time trial leaderboard if people would miss it.

There could possibly be a buffer week between each season to fill out the year (4x12 + 4 weeks) where the top 3 from every division race together in a special exhibition race, or another similar event.

As i mentioned in the other thread, i strongly believe that the WRS should make use of the online lobby that GT5 now offers. Now that it's very easy to organize races like this it should be taken advantage of, especially given the R in the WRS abbreviation :)

EDIT: It just occured to me - Race with 15 people and have one spectator! It'd be awesome to have a live stream to tune in to with comments on the race, getting people involved who may not be able to participate at all :>

Suggestion for a WRS format change:

Thanks for your interest, ideas, and feedback on the WRS.

However, the WRS always has been, and always will be, primarily a time trial event. In the early days, head to head racing simply wasn't possible, and so we made do with the tools we had available. We've found that there are advantages to the format we currently use (primarily: it's the easiest way to coordinate competition among people all around the globe), and don't see a significant reason to change.

We have had special race events in the past, and will be holding these in the future as well.

There are some discussions about formalizing "seasons" and earning points by participating, but this is still preliminary. Head to head races may or may not be integrated into this. Even if we do hold head to head races, time trials will still be used to set the start order.

It's still early days for GT5, and there's lots of potential to uncover.

Hi guys I'm new to WRS, i'd like to join and participate. My PSN is Trustfire, but call me Paz :) There are so many threads about WRS I don't know where to begin. I thought i'd post here because i need some help.

How do i register as an WRS Member? (Do i just change my PSN or do i need a seperate account?)
How do I qualify? (is it that SLS Nurburg thing?)

It's all very very complicated and for a newb it's a little bit frustrating coming in here to find 10 threads about WRS. arghh
If a mod could just give me a pm with a quick run down on how to get involved that would be great as I am aware that qualifying ends tonight?

Cheers guys, :scared:

Paz

How do i register as an WRS Member? (Do i just change my PSN or do i need a seperate account?)
How do I qualify? (is it that SLS Nurburg thing?)

It's all very very complicated and for a newb it's a little bit frustrating coming in here to find 10 threads about WRS. arghh
If a mod could just give me a pm with a quick run down on how to get involved that would be great as I am aware that qualifying ends tonight?

Cheers guys, :scared:

Paz

Paz,

This post really does answer all of your questions:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=153734

WRS participants are, and always have been, responsible for making themselves fully aware of restrictions and parameters for events. Expecting moderators and staff to PM you information that you have not yet been willing to extract yourself from that rather well-signposted post is unrealistic, and we certainly have not been carrying out that service for any other members.

Please, do yourself a favour and read that post carefully. There are answers there regarding PSN ID and the qualifier. Not 10 threads, one thread. One post in fact.

Before you accuse me of not just putting it on a plate for you in a simple fashion, I would say to you that the Race Admin team has already put it all on a plate for you in as simple a format as possible while including all the essential information that you must read, understand and be familiar with.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best
Maz

Afternoon gents, hope you're all well. Good luck with the qualifier by the way 👍 I just about met my modest targets before submission, so I can be happy with my division placing when it arrives :)

It may be some weeks or maybe months yet before WRS gets under way though, but maybe I can help to pass the time while you wait...

Basically I set up a race series in a similar vein to the WRS. The tenuous link being that all competitors run the same equipment. Wether the car is stock or tuned in some manner, the tag line is always 'Single make same tune racing'. Its as equal a race grid as you will ever get, and I thought that may appeal to some of you WRS fans. Its clean, its honest, and its open to all, so pop on in if you like the sound of it.

Sorry to plug so obviously, but it really hasnt benefited me to do so. I just wanted to make some like minded people aware of it. If one or two of you can get some enjoyment from it then it was worth it :)

Hope to see you there, and so do a few other WRS frequenters ;) Heres the link, thank you :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=170787

It may be some weeks or maybe months yet before WRS gets under way though, but maybe I can help to pass the time while you wait...

Not months. First WRS will be posted in 2 weeks, at the latest.

Afternoon gents, hope you're all well. Good luck with the qualifier by the way 👍 I just about met my modest targets before submission, so I can be happy with my division placing when it arrives :)

/QUOTE]

Hi Gary nice to see you changed your mind, after I read this https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4231526#post4231526 post #108

"As for this business with GTP tags, i'm sorry but I really have to disagree with the OP on this one. I do see merit in racing online with the tag, but that's not what we're about here at the WRS is it, unless a radical change to the format is afoot? We hot lap, on our own, and 9 times out of 10 do it OFFLINE. All this talk of symbolizing clean and fair racing is made redundant for those reasons.

That's the long and heres the short, I want to compete, but I can't commit to the guidlines outlined in this registry. I have a PSN account, it has a GT5 gave save, and unless I can use it I guess I won't be competing.

It's a shame because I really had fun here."

Nice to see you submitted a time and will be joining us again. 👍

Phillip.

You guys are brilliant. Honestly.

Tortise, you’re a fast guy out there you really are, but there is NO ONE faster than you to dish out snide underhanded retorts. Whether it’s a condescending gif of a slow clap or an indirect comment regarding a conversation that didn’t concern you, you’re just a cut above the rest you really are.

As for your nice little snippet of quotes there Phillip I must congratulate you too. I don’t know if you decided to completely ignore the following excerpts or you genuinely didn’t see or remember them, (the latter I can forgive), I’m just left wondering how quoting me at all could better express your feelings for having me back in the first place. I thought I knew you better Phillip, so maybe I’m wrong and I apologise.

I really don’t know what I’ve done around here. I expressed an opinion to which I’m entitled to, and then I got annoyed when it received such bloody minded hostility. Now, surprise surprise, I don’t feel welcome at all. I even felt sheepish about leaving a link in here that might give a few people some enjoyment.

Maybe I was wrong to do that too.

I hope I explained myself ok. :lol: I'm really very tired and typing on my iDevice. Please don't take me the wrong way, I enjoy all you's guys company and appreciate very much the effort that goes into running the WRS. I hope to be back very soon :)

I will complete the registry event, because despite what you may think I do really like the WRS and I'm proud to display my ranking in my sig. However my participation thereafter may be brief as I obviously 'don’t possess the proper commitment'.

Geez, and I thought WRS is suppose to be "fun"?

C'mon, why dont everyone just say they're sorry so we can move on to some really good, clean racing fun :)

You guys are brilliant. Honestly.

Tortise, you’re a fast guy out there you really are, but there is NO ONE faster than you to dish out snide underhanded retorts. Whether it’s a condescending gif of a slow clap or an indirect comment regarding a conversation that didn’t concern you, you’re just a cut above the rest you really are.

As for your nice little snippet of quotes there Phillip I must congratulate you too. I don’t know if you decided to completely ignore the following excerpts or you genuinely didn’t see or remember them, (the latter I can forgive), I’m just left wondering how quoting me at all could better express your feelings for having me back in the first place. I thought I knew you better Phillip, so maybe I’m wrong and I apologise.

I really don’t know what I’ve done around here. I expressed an opinion to which I’m entitled to, and then I got annoyed when it received such bloody minded hostility. Now, surprise surprise, I don’t feel welcome at all. I even felt sheepish about leaving a link in here that might give a few people some enjoyment.

Maybe I was wrong to do that too.

We've tended to let the community have their say.

My own position on the rule we created has been, if you'd like to run, you need the tag. And if you don't want to participate, that's OK too.

You're most certainly welcome, and please don't allow a couple of comments from regular participants discourage you.

You have to know that when you make comments like you did, there may be some controversy.

but there is NO ONE faster than you to dish out snide underhanded retorts. Whether it’s a condescending gif of a slow clap or an indirect comment regarding a conversation that didn’t concern you, you’re just a cut above the rest you really are.

I'm glad you see me that way. As for my comment, I was stating my opinion. I could say you a cut above the rest just because, like others, you weren't happy with having a second account am I'm pretty sure you very well knew that in order to compete in WRS you need a GTP_ tag.

Anyway it's nice to see you decided to run WRS 👍

Don't want to cause any friction here.

A wise man once said;

C'mon, why dont everyone just say they're sorry so we can move on to some really good, clean racing fun :)

;) So this will be the last I have to say on the matter...

EDK
We've tended to let the community have their say.

My own position on the rule we created has been, if you'd like to run, you need the tag. And if you don't want to participate, that's OK too.

You're most certainly welcome, and please don't allow a couple of comments from regular participants discourage you.

You have to know that when you make comments like you did, there may be some controversy.

I have to say, that I have said many a time that I appreciate the way the WRS is ran and also the effort that goes into it, so I didnt write my original post on the matter without respect. I thought it was very reasonable. It was the complete ignorance it recieved, followed by other members being told they were'nt suitable for the WRS that annoyed me. I'm not one to hold my tongue and it can get me into trouble sometimes quite clearly.

I hope I wasnt right in saying you'd put off more than you attract either, 400 submissions seems like a very large amount of people to me, providing they all compete when the Weekly Race Series kicks off. However, and I dont know if I'm right in saying, but it seems like there are almost twice as many members at GTP since GT5 came out. Cant help thinking more should of qualified. 100% more people registered for GTPrologue! However things were simpler back then. Find a game save, load a game save and away you go.

I was (and still am) serious about not playing the game twice for both PSN ID's. Some of you have the time, others dont play the countless other great games on the market, and some of you are plainly just more dedicated in the face of that overwhelming task. I mean GT5 is huge!! I've almost completed a spec on my main account, but I still feel as though I've still only scratched the surface! Although somewhat surprisingly I might add, I have done more already than anticipated, almost completing the beginner leagues and competing in a few specials to actually run the qualifier on my GTP tag. Actually earning money and buying cars for my WRS account is dramitically easier than expected with the addition of seasonal events too. As well as being able to swap cars between accounts it isnt the massive repetitive 'grind' i had anticipated. I did worry that the only WRS events I'd be able to compete in would involve an eunos roadster and a go kart! lol. Its clear now that doesnt have to be the case.

I'm glad you see me that way. As for my comment, I was stating my opinion. I could say you a cut above the rest just because, like others, you weren't happy with having a second account am I'm pretty sure you very well knew that in order to compete in WRS you need a GTP_ tag.

Anyway it's nice to see you decided to run WRS 👍

Don't want to cause any friction here.

I didnt used to see you that way Tortise. You were a great inspiration and mentor. You gave me lots of advice and encouragement for which I was very grateful. It hurt when it felt like you had turned on me, and so while my post some while ago wasnt directed at anyone particular, the fact you came into this thread for the sole reason of poking fun at me made you an easy recent target.

I apologise.

I too dont want to be a reason for friction, and if we can all just move on then I'd be grateful for that too.

Sorry to anyone else who may of been offended by what I said. I also forgive anyone who made me feel like an idiot. Although I possibly may of taken you the wrong way in the first place. :ouch:

I hope I wasnt right in saying you'd put off more than you attract either, 400 submissions seems like a very large amount of people to me, providing they all compete when the Weekly Race Series kicks off. However, and I dont know if I'm right in saying, but it seems like there are almost twice as many members at GTP since GT5 came out. Cant help thinking more should of qualified. 100% more people registered for GTPrologue! However things were simpler back then. Find a game save, load a game save and away you go.

There we 370 participants in the original Prologue qualifier, and there were 385 participants for the GT5 qualifier. I think that gives a better understanding of how GT5 matches up.

Yes, the registry had grown to nearly double the size, but there are many, many people who were not active on the registry and many who would no longer be active on the site.

Back