GTP_WRS Pit Box : Want to chat? - Need help? Post here.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,684 comments
I'm at library now but don't know how to zip, all of the files I can select are (Icon01.png, param.pfd, param.sfo, pic1.png and replay.dat) computer has 1 hour time limit.

I'm at library now but don't know how to zip, all of the files I can select are (Icon01.png, param.pfd, param.sfo, pic1.png and replay.dat) computer has 1 hour time limit.

I just sent you a profile message. You need to zip the folders those files are in, NOT the files themselves.

My G25 just bit it! Great timing right. I'm torn between a G27 & the Fanatec GT3 RS v2.

Any thoughts? Anyone already suing the Fanatec. Since I had a G25 I am pretty confident in what to expect from a G27. But the clubsport pedals are what have me leaning towards the Fanatec. Obviously I need to make a decision soon to make sure I'm WRS ready for GT5.

Thanks,

Jeremie

Raced a bit of gt5p did a lot of GT4 WRS, now I am returning for the start of the GT5 WRS, is there any info on how long it will be til they do the first week for that game?

Raced a bit of gt5p did a lot of GT4 WRS, now I am returning for the start of the GT5 WRS, is there any info on how long it will be til they do the first week for that game?

The first thing will most likely be the qualifier, and I'll only say that we will get it up as soon as possible.

I think I may have found my problem. Maybe it is showing up as an error because I have a Greatest Hits edition. I have heard some other Greatest Hits versions of games are slightly different and can't even be played off the normal versions save files.

I think I may have found my problem. Maybe it is showing up as an error because I have a Greatest Hits edition. I have heard some other Greatest Hits versions of games are slightly different and can't even be played off the normal versions save files.

No, the issue is not with the type of save you have. The file is somehow becoming corrupted when you move it, and there is a difference.

For file type issues, you can still move the replay onto your console, you just can't view the replay once you go into the game.

I can't even get your replays onto my console, when I go to transfer the data, it says it's corrupted.

Now even more confused than before. I guess I will just wait for GT5 and hope I don't have the same problem then.

I'm not posting this because I need help or just want to chat. :lol:
I want to say thank you to the following people for the 2 years of fun, frustration, learning, and friends I've made because of the WRS:

- OLR admins who do their job week after week :cheers:
- the guys who used to update the leaderboard manually :cheers:
- the guys who made the awesome new automagic leaderboard :cheers:
- the participants without whom there would be no WRS :cheers:

See you all in the GT5 WRS!

I want to say thank you to the following people for the 2 years of fun, frustration, learning, and friends I've made because of the WRS:

Great post 👍

Absolutely 👍

Everyone involved in the whole running of the WRS deserves a massive, great big thank you :cheers:

The OLR guys, who take the time out of their everyday lives to make the WRS as smooth running as possible, the guys who painstakingly updated the boards manually, which must've taken a lot of hard work to maintain and keep up to date...basically I'm just echoing what Animera said, but he's spot on 👍

It's been a great pleasure, and a great deal of fun and frustration competing with all the other guys in my time with GT5Ps WRS, and I'm very much looking forward seeing you all as we do it all over again in GT5s WRS.

Thanks everyone :cheers: 👍

Perfectly said. Thanks to you all, and everyone who gave me advice along the way, I can safely say my driving is much better, even if the times don't show it. Looking forward to getting stuck into GT5 👍

To Ian, I underline your words in every way. Can't think of a life without GTP and WRS :)
As far as my limited role is concerned, I really enjoyed contributing a little bit to this great Turismo community.

I just want to congratulate everyone behind all of this. Thanks to our OLR Team, they tried thier damned hadest, and to take that much time out for this is awesome. I didn't have a big role (come on, I'm last place :dopey:) but still, I cannot believe the effort. Now let's smoothly move on to GT5!

So whats the plan for gt5? Im looking forward to live races of all gtp names.

So whats the plan for gt5? Im looking forward to live races of all gtp names.

We're working on a qualifier.

You have access to our private forum discussion. ;)

:cheers:
Just looking forward to seeing the format for GT5.
Browsing from ps3 sans-keyboard. Later.:grumpy:

Since the registry thread has been closed I thought I'd post here.

I just got finished reading the last few pages and frankly I'm quite appauled. It seems that some of the regular WRS participants have the view that new members can either put up and shut up or just plain **** off!

Its ridiculous. This isnt an exclusive club, its a friendly competition run by a few guys on a forum. Forcing people to overcomplicate something that should be very simple will only alienate people. Right!? However if everyone here would rather race with the usual 20 guys week in week out then I guess you've acheived your objective.

Speaking of that thread I made a suggestion that there should be two registries and got completely ignored. 👎 The reasoning behind it was that the WRS is never online anyway, why do we even need a GTP tag? It stands for clean and fair online racing!? WRS does neither of those things. To me it just doesnt make any sense.

In any case, wether no one cared or even noticed, during the final weeks of my WRS participation I NEVER used my GTP account. Go back and disqualify me if thats your bag, but clearly forcing people to create accounts and gift cars to themselves is not at all needed.

I will complete the registry event, because despite what you may think I do really like the WRS and I'm proud to display my ranking in my sig. However my participation there after may be brief as i obviously 'dont possess the proper commitment'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you'll find that thread was closed for a reason :rolleyes:

Do not put words into peoples mouths as a reason to have a dig at them. Nobody said it's an exclusive club and new members can get lost, what we are saying as those are the rules as dictated by the organisers, who, because they organise it can choose what riles they like. What people ARE saying is if you don't agree with the rules, don't participate.

In regards to another registry, fine, you want one you organise it. Why should the already stretched WRS team have to do twice as much work just because some people do not agree with their rules?

If you want to argue this further, please do so by PM, this is one of the friendliest sub-groups on GTP and doesn't need to be ruined by arguments about something that, quite frankly, isn't up for discussion anyway.

Everyone is welcome to constructively state their opinion.

However, the purpose of the other thread was to publicly announce the OLR team's stance on the GTP tag as it relates to the registry. It was not a decision up for debate.

Each individual member will have to make their own decision. Participate with the tag, or don't participate.

Any idea as to when a new qualifier will be posted?

Have never participated in the WRS, but it seems so well organised that I can't wait to join!

EDK
Everyone is welcome to constructively state their opinion.

However, the purpose of the other thread was to publicly announce the OLR team's stance on the GTP tag as it relates to the registry. It was not a decision up for debate.

Each individual member will have to make their own decision. Participate with the tag, or don't participate.

EDK. Just wondering why is it taking so long to make then new qualifier, I'm really keen to get going on a time trial.

EDK. Just wondering why is it taking so long to make then new qualifier, I'm really keen to get going on a time trial.

Sounds a bit rude Luke, be patient dont forget OLR team have to get up to speed on the new game too, before they can pick a suitable track car combo.

Dont forget they do this in their own time most of whom have very busy private live.

Not as though, you've not been around long enough to know how it works.

Phillip.

I will be posting some information on our plans related to WRS and the qualifier in the next couple of days. I thought I would get to it over the weekend, but I didn't end up having time.

That's not to say we'll have a qualifier posted, just a timeline, so everyone knows what to expect. 👍

EDK
I will be posting some information on our plans related to WRS and the qualifier in the next couple of days. I thought I would get to it over the weekend, but I didn't end up having time.

That's not to say we'll have a qualifier posted, just a timeline, so everyone knows what to expect. 👍

Great news Kev, thanks again for all your, and the OLR teams hard work, in the mean time, I'll keep grinding away!!!

EDK

Kevin just had a birthday not that long ago - now I know he's a tad bit younger than me so I don't want to speak for him but it usually takes me about 2 weeks to recover from a birthday so let's cut him some slack. :)

Really looking forward to what he has to post up and I really need to get going on this game to catch up with you gents.

EDIT: Oh great, now I have to come up with something awesome for my 1,000th post (any tips CT?). :lol:

Back