GTP_WRS Pit Box : Want to chat? - Need help? Post here.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,684 comments
DEA
When is a deadline for submiting result?

Deadline for each week is Monday at 11:59 GMT, as detailed in the thread. Have you signed up for the registry yet?

DEA
How to change my name here on forum?I am now GTP_DEA not Qm-DEA anymore.

Click the "My GTPlanet" link at the top right, then click "Edit Your Details". PSN ID is on the list of things to edit.

DEA
Thanks for advice!GTP_DEA right now!And why I've been late?

Don't worry, you are not late! He was talking about Kevin being late posting this weeks event 👍

Welcome to the registry :cheers:

Hi guys will we need to run another qualifier for gt5 or can we just stay in the same divisions and transfer straight over.

Tks Luke

EDK
We'll keep running WRS on Prologue until there's a broad release of GT5.

Thank you.👍

Also why must you be offline to run your laps? Isn't it the same either way? Or were some people at some time finding ways to cheat as people always do :rolleyes:?

Last edited:
In WRS we usually hide our laptimes during the week. If you play online and have a fast laptime you will be in the top-100 so your laptime will be published. That's why you're supposed to do your run offline.

I want to ask if there is any way to upload my lap video, without a cpu and flashdrive as I have neither and won't have either for a long while.

Last edited:
Well this is more of a favor than a suggestion. Is there any way a moderator of the WRS events would be able to check my replays through my psn account? As I love to compete in these events but if I'm not getting my times verified then I'm just driving in alot of cars I dislike for no reason. I really want to continue to compete could anybody help?

Well this is more of a favor than a suggestion. Is there any way a moderator of the WRS events would be able to check my replays through my psn account? As I love to compete in these events but if I'm not getting my times verified then I'm just driving in alot of cars I dislike for no reason. I really want to continue to compete could anybody help?

It sounds to me like you want your replays checked whether or not you had a podium finish, is that correct?

Or do you want someone to check them before submitting them?

Either way they can be checked by WRS members through email before submitting and you can post your replay in the thread even if it's not a podium finish.

EDIT: After reading the results thread, did you find a way to make it a zip file before sending it through email and/or just posting it?

Last edited:
Sorry, we're not trying to exclude anyone simply becasue they can't afford to have both a PS3 and a PC.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to share replays without first zipping the files. Logging into your PSN account won't do us any good, your replays reside on the hard drive of your PS3. That can't be accessed just by having your PSN details.

I found this online tool, I'm not sure if it will work with the PS3 browser, but it's worth a shot.

http://www.webzipr.com/index.php

I'm nearly positive you would not be able to put Zip software on your PS3 and use it, But this application works on the web, and once a file is zipped, you can download the file to your drive.

Give that a shot and let us know what you find.

I'm going to move all these posts to the help thread, where they are more relevant.

@01GTP I don't specifically want them checked for anything other than if it's called upon I want to make sure I comply.

@EDK
I tried the site, Sadly I can only upload pictures with it :(, thank you for the help once again. If I buy a flashdrive can I post using my PS3?

@01GTP I don't specifically want them checked for anything other than if it's called upon I want to make sure I comply.

@EDK
I tried the site, Sadly I can only upload pictures with it :(, thank you for the help once again. If I buy a flashdrive can I post using my PS3?

The key is that you'll need to be able to zip files to post to the site. The flash drive is needed to move replays from the PS3 to a PC. Since you don't have a PC, the flash drive won't help.

I'll also try the site, to see if I can get it to work on the PS3. I didn't have time this morning.

If that won't work, the only other idea I have is for you to borrow time on a PC. From a friend, family member, or public library. In that case, you would need a flash drive.

Is there a way to make turning off the ABS DS3 friendly?

I think WRS 103 is about the only time I've ever decided to turn off the ABS on Prologue. Normally, I set it to 4 on a tuning event, and on other weeks, you can't change it.

Week 103 was a unique circumstance, with a low powered, Front Wheel Drive car on racing tires.

Past that, I think you'll find the same thing to be true for brakes as there is for throttle - The DS3 simply has less control than pedals and is not as effective in controlling sensitive throttle or brake inputs.

But with the throttle it doesn't kick as hard lol. Every time I turn off ABS I can't turn any corner (maybe I set the brakes too high?) either I don't stop or I lock up and leave the track. I think I get pretty good control from my DS3 but so far ABS is a no touch area.

I am really surprised at the number of requests for the WRS chat room password I’ve had, unfortunately a number of them are from members who have not read the WRS live racing chat thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=131282

Support the WRS OLR team and the hard work they do for us all each week by running the qualifier, before you ask for the password to the WRS live chat room.

Phillip.

Latest Posts

Back