GTP_WRS Pit Box : Want to chat? - Need help? Post here.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,684 comments
o5i8R2Z4Jhlb0mv48TPI78Xcru4k0YQyskGADGPDqzE2QSQOKgyfm-confkAg8wK5Qb2X722dDSgH7wWKtQqJMXWkE9CVu_DA7XKuu-NgzdfwpPRjIaLQiCEEw7rWTqfBtPeDylfNQhRQvze7gW9v_XZxy8eXz4cXdHN1k6AI5z8rxTsw2uNLvCRCjm06uxjRv1e0WiDZmhx2rzKJrciXZzER468oygKwCjV1iCR7t45hcScCqX-81vr3U4r2tifZxQTqsE3pAWfRjaMVZUpokfLpFKA2JNs-ra7CGcNeXvEhJcPKhbzTp2PSh125wbvAZoIrjb6P5ZJ6YI1coMplz67Dkfd-o4bQxL_V_L6FtqkXTN2Tp03Xv4IBdOlAetvMkqTDXxPamzauJglTKTS9mLJDyECgVA_zjivyU0Lp2Ta7RWCWSiRGhGVUMR5ESaAiWgA4TuCdpTOlxWNEdoUcAEkkzGnndcN2k4xabOKV-vc9i0b2WHgynmf24OGTlpiY6QPYmy5V6bdC4JdaAWR6iWpT2Od_CF7aY7gRUX9Q2LChM1WTTjC89QdtzkEW_SAEviXu9r5KeUTqPrDfsEaBUJlvHnMgH_gXIjn_oJMUr4qvvAbaApWq-n5z5H4a7Pro6emxfWDg1RChBl-644bkw-V=w1920-h1080-no

If this is acceptable by WRS Admin​

Here is the proposal for an alternate type of event for WRS members.

I’ve been working on a coffee break for WRS members, it’s very nice to race each weeks TT online. But sometimes members want for something a little different. This Idea I ran some years ago and it was enjoyed by all as a nice relaxed event.

So here it is, you’ll need two cars first of which is the beautiful ( FF ) Focus ST ’15 from the USA showroom

Second is the ( MR ) Toyota MR2 GT-S ’97 from Asia-Pacific showroom.

You’ll use both cars in the race event each time, 3 races alternating from (FF / MR) or (MR / FF) this is set with the very first race. After that you just keep alternating your car.

What does this mean, simple, after your three races you finish that event in a (MR) then your next event starts in a (FF)

Working with Handy caps.

All these are approximate values.

Race one is a free race, handy caps do not come into effect.

If finishing within the top three in race two there is a handy cap for that driver, carried over to all other races.

1st place finish is approximate (1st) -15bhp (2nd) -10bhp (3rd) -5bhp

Within the top three places again, next race add relevant handy cap.

Outside top three reduce handy cap by -5bhp

That’s all there is to Handy caps.

Races per event 3.

Two sprints and one long with tyre fuel and pit stop, don’t forget you have to alternate your car for each race.

There is no practise between races. Change car sit in the pit lane ready to go to the grid, one race may be reverse order grid on the night.

Just a broad outline of the event, after a few events say 3 or 4 (gives time to sort other cars) we can change to other group cars and bigger tracks. But main focus is on keeping a very tight pack so that the racing gets the Adrenalin rising.

If admin agree to this being posted in the WRS section, or in the WRS online racing section would members be kind enough to indicate, if it would interest you.

GTP_Eriba wrs registry

Last edited:
Probably not the thread for this post, and I should know better by now, being a Steward and all, but I really want to make this as public as possible.
It's not hard to figure out why people are usually surprised by the environment in WRS, online gaming communities are mostly toxic forums, where the uninitiated gets bullied by the experienced, and no help is provided whatsoever, a kind of every man for himself philosophy. WRS has always been a place where knowledge is shared and people are generous with rookies, sharing tips and advice with little regard for how this might affect one's chances against others. Over the eight years I've been a member I've seen many examples of this, and I'm proud of having become a part of the WRS team that works hard to keep it that way.
Now, probably without deserving it really, that generosity has reached me in a way I never in my wildest dreams thought possible. Kevin @EDK , and Jeff @suprajef, have decided they had enough of me driving everyone nuts with my wild DS4 driving :D and sent me this for Christmas...

20181227_172021.jpg

Can't think of a better way of paying testimony to what WRS represents than deeds like this. Generosity above and beyond what anyone could expect. So, Kevin, Jeff, thank you from the bottom of my heart :embarrassed:, hope I can some day be able to repay such an amazing gift and I'm really grateful for having friends like you guys :bowdown:

Probably not the thread for this post, and I should know better by now, being a Steward and all, but I really want to make this as public as possible.
It's not hard to figure out why people are usually surprised by the environment in WRS, online gaming communities are mostly toxic forums, where the uninitiated gets bullied by the experienced, and no help is provided whatsoever, a kind of every man for himself philosophy. WRS has always been a place where knowledge is shared and people are generous with rookies, sharing tips and advice with little regard for how this might affect one's chances against others. Over the eight years I've been a member I've seen many examples of this, and I'm proud of having become a part of the WRS team that works hard to keep it that way.
Now, probably without deserving it really, that generosity has reached me in a way I never in my wildest dreams thought possible. Kevin @EDK , and Jeff @suprajef, have decided they had enough of me driving everyone nuts with my wild DS4 driving :D and sent me this for Christmas...

View attachment 789021

Can't think of a better way of paying testimony to what WRS represents than deeds like this. Generosity above and beyond what anyone could expect. So, Kevin, Jeff, thank you from the bottom of my heart :embarrassed:, hope I can some day be able to repay such an amazing gift and I'm really grateful for having friends like you guys :bowdown:

So... What are the first impressions?

So... What are the first impressions?

I hope to hear/read his impressions later today, since he told us last night that he'll have another long session with the wheel today. Last night he was enjoying watching me struggle on the controller while I enjoyed watching him struggle on the wheel. :lol:
In the words of the roman emperor Claudius, when presented with the list of lovers of his wife Messalina, holy **** :lol:
A whole new world. Gonna take time to get used to, and I have to find a new driving style, but a wheel elevates the game to a new level. Yesterday I felt really good with race cars but street cars are really difficult right now. About to begin my session now.

In the words of the roman emperor Claudius, when presented with the list of lovers of his wife Messalina, holy **** :lol:
A whole new world. Gonna take time to get used to, and I have to find a new driving style, but a wheel elevates the game to a new level. Yesterday I felt really good with race cars but street cars are really difficult right now. About to begin my session now.
You felt really good with a race car when the guy behind you was chasing you in the same car with SS tires. :lol:

Man I feel completely spent, having 17 nephews and nieces grand kids all to entertain over the holiday, uncle Phill, grand dad come play this or help me with that, I can't look at another board game for 12 months, I'm 🤬 think I slept for 12 hours last night, couldn't even get out of bed this morning.

Looking forward to getting January 1st out the way and get back to norm.

On that note I wish all WRS members a prosperous and happy new year :cheers: :gtpflag:

Hello again, I have been tied up with work since 21st December for 16 night shifts straight due to staff members leaving :( I missed all Christmas events and will also miss New Years etc... but the pros of it all is I get better wages and a straight 2 week Holiday from work starting on the 6th January woohoo! I will be back for some more WRS which I have missed lots 👍 anyway enough about my groundhog nights experience!! :lol:

All the Best to all WRS and GTP members for New Years Eve and 2019! :cheers: Keep your wits and stay safe tonight guys! 👍

I'm on hiatus and you may not care. Or skip if you are easily confused.

I returned to Week 1 from 2014 – Audi Pikes Peak, Apricot Hill – and thought I'd see by how much I'd beat my first ever 'proper WRS' result. But this combo is still quite challenging for me, after 40 laps (the first half of which I did shift up too early because I did not watch the replay first) I got only a fraction of a second. Especially the first sector where it's important to keep the right line through. Out of practice on that track, and racing tyres.

I do remember that playing on the updated game, gameplay is different¹ from what it used to be, but I'm not at all sure how much of a factor that is. Also even though this was unexpectedly drawn out, two hundred km is definitely on the low side as far as the 2014–2017 average goes.

Here's the thread link: BallS1 to the Wall
1) How it has been for a couple of years, that is.

@roamer2629 joined the forces of enlightenment, I see. (At least I hope 'Sport usually does decently)

I'm on hiatus and you may not care. Or skip if you are easily confused.

I returned to Week 1 from 2014 – Audi Pikes Peak, Apricot Hill – and thought I'd see by how much I'd beat my first ever 'proper WRS' result. But this combo is still quite challenging for me, after 40 laps (the first half of which I did shift up too early because I did not watch the replay first) I got only a fraction of a second. Especially the first sector where it's important to keep the right line through. Out of practice on that track, and racing tyres.

I do remember that playing on the updated game, gameplay is different¹ from what it used to be, but I'm not at all sure how much of a factor that is. Also even though this was unexpectedly drawn out, two hundred km is definitely on the low side as far as the 2014–2017 average goes.

Here's the thread link: BallS1 to the Wall
1) How it has been for a couple of years, that is.

@roamer2629 joined the forces of enlightenment, I see. (At least I hope 'Sport usually does decently)
Enlighted? Not really dude, but glad to see you around 👍
Sport is very different from GT6 in many respects and physics is not the exception.

Back