GTP_WRS Pit Box : Want to chat? - Need help? Post here.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,684 comments

Sjaak

GTP_Race Admin
Netherlands
The Netherlands
GTP_Sjaak

676309-8d3645f5bc864e9d5790353253b364d1.jpg

:: GTP_Weekly Race Series ::

wrs-tt-main-banner-png.693509

:: PIT BOX ::

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180305225310.jpg

The WRS Pit Box is the place where we can discuss topics that are not exactly related to the WRS racing.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first start up GT5P I usually do one of the event races to warm up. I redo them with Pro physics because I know that in my desire to get the F2007 if I couldn't complete one quickly I did it with standard physics. I know I didn't do many on standard, but cannot remember which ones so I am redoing them all. I was doing one of the easier races with the BMW Z4 and though I had messed up and put it on Standard physics. It was like the car was on rails. I don't remember the little BMWs being this good in GT4. I was going to mention this in the suggestion box, but I actually prefer cars that are a little bit of a challenge or something that I don't drive much for the WRS. Maybe with N tires it would be fun.

Has anyone had any surprises (good or bad) with any other cars in GT5P?

I don't know if this is the proper thread to post this, but here goes: Apparently I have submitted a dirty lap in GTP_WRS week 05. Shame on me! To clear my reputation I want to upload all other submissions hoping that some of you will be kind enough to take a look to check that my other submissions were clean. If anyone volunteers and if the mods agree that this is the place to do that, I'll upload the files ASAP.

Don't take it so hard Bigracer. :)

But if it eases your mind, I'll review your laps.

Replays sent to Denur/Marc thru mail for checking 👍

EDIT 3 out of 4 replays clean, one (week 01) uncertain so sent to Ren-Tec/Michael for rechecking :ouch:

Last edited:
Are these symtems normal when participating in a WRS
  • Blurred Vision
  • Tunnel Vision
  • Sweaty Palms
  • Sweaty Brow
  • Sweaty Back
  • Sweaty Butt Cheeks
  • Leg Cramps
  • Arm Cramps
  • Lack of sleep thinking how to shave off those valuble hundreths or even seconds
  • Throwing Stuff in ANGER
  • Shouting out load in ANGER
  • Shouting out loud for JOY!
  • Punching the air

If any body else can think of anything else let me know :banghead:

• Blurred Vision
  • Tunnel Vision
  • Sweaty Palms
  • Sweaty Brow
  • Sweaty Back
  • Sweaty Butt Cheeks
  • Leg Cramps
  • Arm Cramps
  • Lack of sleep thinking how to shave off those valuble hundreths or even seconds
  • Punching the air

:lol: I've been through all of those. :P

The week of the Clio at Suzuka, my right hand was sore for about a week from gripping the wheel too hard while trying not to spin the car in the long, sweeping corners.

And my left ankle was sore from the super stiff brake spring on the G25 for the first month or so that I had it.

But you haven't lived until you spend multiple consecutive hours trying to get 2 tenths or something silly like that to get below the next second barrier. :crazy:

EDK
But you haven't lived until you spend multiple consecutive hours trying to get 2 tenths or something silly like that to get below the next second barrier. :crazy:

I've just started to ''live'' then because in this weeks WRS 08 Citroen C4 @ Eiger I have just accomplished it :lol:

• Blurred Vision
  • Tunnel Vision
  • Sweaty Palms
  • Sweaty Brow
  • Sweaty Back
  • Sweaty Butt Cheeks
  • Leg Cramps
  • Arm Cramps
  • Punching the air

Threats from significant other ranging from:
No food
No sex
Sleeping on the couch
Divorce

I have only been treated with the first two so far. When it gets to that I give in and quit for the night.

• Blurred Vision
  • Tunnel Vision
  • Sweaty Palms
  • Sweaty Brow
  • Sweaty Back
  • Sweaty Butt Cheeks
  • Leg Cramps
  • Arm Cramps
  • Punching the air

I'm very familiar with alll of these.
Especially punching the air when I've accomplishes something great.
As a victory sign .. happens alot in GT4 1/4 mile drag tuning :D

I'm very familiar with alll of these.
Especially punching the air when I've accomplishes something great.
As a victory sign ..

yep,I know the feeling,
It happened to me when I had a great laptime in the California on High Speed Ring,followed by a major huge disappointment when seeing the replay with a possible touch.

However I think this is what makes the racing interesting to keep on doing it.

• Sweaty Palms

Also, sticky palms from wearing the rubber of my DFP, and blisters on my thumb from countersteering in GT4 WRS dirt/snow races.

Replays sent to Denur/Marc thru mail for checking 👍

EDIT 3 out of 4 replays clean, one (week 01) uncertain so sent to Ren-Tec/Michael for rechecking :ouch:
Stijn/Racer_LP checked my replay of week 01 and thinks it is clean tho very close.

So I come into Division 4 with an almost clean sheet ... :)

Stijn/Racer_LP checked my replay of week 01 and thinks it is clean tho very close.

So I come into Division 4 with an almost clean sheet ... :)

yep, to me the replay is clean. It's close when he overtakes the leader, but you can't see any reaction from the other car, so they don't touch.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is the proper thread to post this, but here goes: Apparently I have submitted a dirty lap in GTP_WRS week 05. Shame on me!

Shame BigRacer! Happens though. I remember once I was concentrating so hard to seeing if a particular part at the beginning of the lap was dirty, I didn't even notice a slight tap at the end. Boooo.

Howdy gang, have returned from my European sojourn and thought I'd put up the GTP links where I posted some photos of my Nurburgring experience:

(Dial up warning!)

Thread Link
Photos Post

Anyway, I hope to be back on the track some time soon...have just started LittleBIGPlanet though so may be a little while :sly:👍

Howdy gang, have returned from my European sojourn and thought I'd put up the GTP links where I posted some photos of my Nurburgring experience:

(Dial up warning!)

Thread Link
Photos Post

Anyway, I hope to be back on the track some time soon...have just started LittleBIGPlanet though so may be a little while :sly:👍

Checked this out the other day. I'm sure that little pocket rocket you hired would have done the Ring proudly :lol:. Shame about the weather though bud :ill:.

Every time I go to check a replay that I have downloaded, the information says no files, but I;ve found the files in images but not in an area to veiw. Do I have to change a setting in settings?Also I've just downloaded a file from alba GT5v140_pack with wallpapers and icon changes this too is only availablein images.All I can see is the keys???

I was going through the old results threads and three names got my eye.

GTP_Manuelos
GTP_Nuclearfire
GTP_01GTP

Those guys submitted from week 1 till week 15 every week a time for the WRS.
Never missed one race 👍

You all three are fine competitors and we are glad to have you on board.

GTP_Manuelos
GTP_Nuclearfire
GTP_01GTP

Never missed one race 👍

Yeah, even if I don't like the combo I try do give it my best shot:sly:
This way I'm also trying out some cars I would normally never drive with. Who ever thought I would drive a 105bhp daihatsu around an uphill track:ill:

👍

GTP_Manuelos
GTP_Nuclearfire
GTP_01GTP

Never missed one race 👍

Thanks 👍 And thanks to you for putting together the WRS

Thanks for the recognition, Sjaak.

I would like to also say 'Thanks' to all the participants that make this series possible.
This series is unique and I believe it will prevail for many more years.

Again, thanks everybody.

Kenny

Last edited:

GTP_Manuelos
GTP_Nuclearfire
GTP_01GTP

Never missed one race 👍

I am so sorry :embarrassed:
The day I made the post above ,those three names I mentioned missed three others.

GTP_Fuzzy
GTP_Lagas
GTP_grevling9294

Also these three members completed the first 15 races in a row.

Guys ,sorry,you are the best

.........and I am a dopey:crazy:

I have learned from the WRS, that I am a lot quicker if I get to tune the car to my driving style.
When asked to go into arcade for a time trial, my times compared to the usual entrants, drop about 20% I reckon.
I need to learn to adjust my style for standard cars, if I manage to improve this area, maybe my tuned times and style may improve too.

Just thought I'd share that you all :D

I have learned from the WRS, that I am a lot quicker if I get to tune the car to my driving style.
When asked to go into arcade for a time trial, my times compared to the usual entrants, drop about 20% I reckon.
I need to learn to adjust my style for standard cars, if I manage to improve this area, maybe my tuned times and style may improve too.

Just thought I'd share that you all :D

Funny thing, because most of the WRS races I've run in were Arcade Mode Time Trials on GT4. So I tend to be the opposite, I can get a competitive time more quickly if I just worry about taking laps, as opposed to fiddling with the tune.

There is something to be said for adjusting to stock cars.

I also find it easier to just jump in and go for a best lap. With tuning I tend to spend too much time on changing settings instead of trying for a better lap by driving better.

I also find it easier to just jump in and go for a best lap. With tuning I tend to spend too much time on changing settings instead of trying for a better lap by driving better.

Same here. I just go to a tuning shop and use one of their tunes and hope that it's competitive. Then I just go and drive it until there's almost no more time left.

Hello guys,

After, it seems, 22 weeks of absence i'm thinking to return to the WRS. Actually do to OnlyMe who has bought a PS3 last week and will be returning here shortly :).

I spend some time on the qualifier today and that left me with a question. It is strictly forbidden to post lap times here. But I can see allot of times from GTP members on the online leaderboards. I thought I read something about turning that off, here at the beginning of the GT5P WRS. But now I can't seem to find anything about it. So how does that work?

Looking forward to racing here again!

Back