GTP_WRS : Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 1,032 comments
Since i have a B-Day in two weeks i wanna Suggest for the week 89, one from three in-game cars made in the year of my birth :D

Nissan BLUEBIRD Hardtop 1800SSS (910) '79
Autobianchi A112 Abarth '79
Honda CIVIC 1500 3door CX '79

I was thinking About Cape Ring Inside, resp. Cape Ring North, resp. Cape Ring South, resp. Cape Ring Periphery, resp. Autumn Ring Mini (regular or reverse for each track)

What do you think? :dopey::embarrassed::rolleyes:

Edit: Added the Cape Ring North course to the options and as i look now, how is not possible to choose the reverse versions of Cape ring Layouts? :eek: i know it was possible, but now i can't see them in the list for offline TT.:ouch:

Last edited:
Edit: Added the Cape Ring North course to the options and as i look now, how is not possible to choose the reverse versions of Cape ring Layouts? :eek: i know it was possible, but now i can't see them in the list for offline TT.:ouch:
The Cape Ring track (material) is used both ways - not necessarily all of it - in the various layouts. Perhaps this explains your recollection?

The Cape Ring track (material) is used both ways - not necessarily all of it - in the various layouts. Perhaps this explains your recollection?
No no, i was going to test some of the layouts in the offline mode - arcade, but there in Original tracks are listed only those 5 regular layouts of Cape Ring. I was checking tripple if i see well, but the reverse layouts are missing from the list.

I don't know if I asked this before, will WRS have sprint races in the near future?
I believe the WRS ran sprint races about two weeks ago for the 'Back to School' online events. 3x1 lap races around Sierra and combined points to determine the overall winners.

Yes but the choice depends on a combo. Some combos are better for the usual 50 minute race with pit stops. The sprints are often used on city tracks where turn one carnage and low overtaking chances could ruin someone's race early on.

I don't know if I asked this before, will WRS have sprint races in the near future?
By sprint race do you mean a 1hr race. Or do you mean similar to the blancpain endurance sprint races by the types of cars used and 1hr length.

I believe the WRS ran sprint races about two weeks ago for the 'Back to School' online events. 3x1 lap races around Sierra and combined points to determine the overall winners.
I watched @PASM 's perspective, really close racing.
Yes but the choice depends on a combo. Some combos are better for the usual 50 minute race with pit stops. The sprints are often used on city tracks where turn one carnage and low overtaking chances could ruin someone's race early on.
By sprint race do you mean a 1hr race. Or do you mean similar to the blancpain endurance sprint races by the types of cars used and 1hr length.
When I say sprint race I mean between 10 and 20 minutes, really short ones. I've never tried long races since 1 year ago but when I tried it I'm either slower than a bull or I crash/spin around 15 minutes into a long race.

When I say sprint race I mean between 10 and 20 minutes, really short ones. I've never tried long races since 1 year ago but when I tried it I'm either slower than a bull or I crash/spin around 15 minutes into a long race.
Sounds familiar. Please, anyone tell me, who got pacing right just from the first few races on?

Sounds familiar. Please, anyone tell me, who got pacing right just from the first few races on?
You just have to keep going back, no matter what. It took me 6 months of doing our weekly races before I had any chance of finishing mid-pack, prior to that there was always some big mistake that I would make that would cause me to finish in the back.

Probably sounds familiar from someone else. I have never raced in WRS Online, I'm just saying that when I tested running long distance I couldn't drive that consistently. I may try again, when my schedule isn't so busy.

I'll probably give it a shot around October and November.

Is it too early to go back to Apricot Hill / Reverse?

Probably sounds familiar from someone else.
Yes... myself. I did some racing last year when the technical side was more consistent, and noticed some improvement regarding concentration etc.

Though a preference to sprint racing is perfectly fine. 👍

Is it too early to go back to Apricot Hill / Reverse?
Considering we were just at the forward version a month and a half ago, and considering there are some awesome tracks we haven't been to since early 2015, yes, too early.

I was having a look through the previous races and I noticed a strong tendency against larger FF cars so i've got a suggestion based on this.

Two circuits i noticed hadn't been used were Matterhorn Rotenboden and Silverstone Stowe. Rotenboden would offer an interesting race with only a few clean overtaking opportunities, Stowe is fun to throw around and nice quick laps and could result in a good variety in pit strategies to be utilised and while i did a bit of testing i noticed a surprising variety of lines available throughout the 5 quick concessive corners offering an interesting challenge while battling understeer.

Also two FF cars that have never been used, Vauxhall Vectra V6 or Volvo S60, no second guesses to which one is my preference.

CS/CM or CM/CH tyre setups are good, at first i was worried that the front tyres wouldn't last long in racing condition of softs but did a test run and after 15 minutes of aggressive running with very fast depreciation i still had not reached half depreciated. Offsetting the tyres to, CS/CM or CM/CH adds a nice challenge of keeping the rear in check, CS/CH if you're looking to be really evil.

An alternative for Stowe is to go for one car I'm surprised hasn't been used before, Mini '98. Or the Starlet Glanza is good fun.

Yeah, I apologize for the lack of FF cars we've used in GT6. Last one we used was 4 months ago (Civic Touring Car @ Suz East). @EDK was much better at balancing the use of all drivetrains. He's been busy moving to a different state, but told me he'd be back soon. :D

Next week will definitely be a FF car.

@volvodriver, I like that you're keeping in mind that the TT will eventually be an online race. ;)

I was having a look through the previous races and I noticed a strong tendency against larger FF cars so i've got a suggestion based on this.

Two circuits i noticed hadn't been used were Matterhorn Rotenboden and Silverstone Stowe. Rotenboden would offer an interesting race with only a few clean overtaking opportunities, Stowe is fun to throw around and nice quick laps and could result in a good variety in pit strategies to be utilised and while i did a bit of testing i noticed a surprising variety of lines available throughout the 5 quick concessive corners offering an interesting challenge while battling understeer.

Also two FF cars that have never been used, Vauxhall Vectra V6 or Volvo S60, no second guesses to which one is my preference.

CS/CM or CM/CH tyre setups are good, at first i was worried that the front tyres wouldn't last long in racing condition of softs but did a test run and after 15 minutes of aggressive running with very fast depreciation i still had not reached half depreciated. Offsetting the tyres to, CS/CM or CM/CH adds a nice challenge of keeping the rear in check, CS/CH if you're looking to be really evil.

An alternative for Stowe is to go for one car I'm surprised hasn't been used before, Mini '98. Or the Starlet Glanza is good fun.

If you like FFs cars you might want to try the Mazda Kusabi '03. Nice little concept car. Great handling with little understeering for it's class.

If you like FFs cars you might want to try the Mazda Kusabi '03. Nice little concept car. Great handling with little understeering for it's class.
It was mainly about variety but i do sometimes enjoy the different challenge that FF provides, especially larger ones. I think there's so much emphasis on FR and 4WD cars in GT (I admit that this is for good reason) that sometimes the challenge of getting a FF car to work well is a good change.

Gave the Kusabi a go, not a bad little concept at all actually.

I'd like to suggest

The Pozzi motorsport camaro from week 4, Long before I started. With Sports medium all round or maybe Front S/M rear S/H or F-S/S R-S/M. Oil change with no tuning.

On the cape ring periphery.

Been thinking of it for a while. Tested it when I had a chance, found having different tires made it slidey and tricky feels nice with S/M all round.

Try it out 👍 It jumps just the right amount :gtpflag:

This Sat and next Wed. I don't think we've done too many races at London that *weren't* sprint races, given the lack of pitlane.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-online-event-88-wrong-way-sprints-sept-26-30.334831/
My question wasn't well formed. What I was trying to ask is for example will there be sprint races for tracks like week 86, where there are overtaking opurtunities and stuff?

Not according to this:

My question wasn't well formed. What I was trying to ask is for example will there be sprint races for tracks like week 86, where there are overtaking opurtunities and stuff?

Not according to this:
Sorry, Week 86 (GTO at Monza '80s) as a normal 50min race with pit stops was exactly the kind of combo we wouldn't do sprints with. It was our most popular race in a long time.

Sorry, Week 86 (GTO at Monza '80s) as a normal 50min race with pit stops was exactly the kind of combo we wouldn't do sprints with. It was our most popular race in a long time.
Just wanted to know. I was racing in another league where every race was between 10-12 minutes, and wondered if you guys will ever do something alike (maybe 20 minutes, with 1 pitstop for strategy planning). I had to quit since school has rebegun and waking up at 3AM for a American based league isn't a good idea for school. :lol:

I guess if I find time to test I'll give it a shot to endure 50 minutes of driving, before the race of course. Wouldn't want to cause chaos in the race if I can't my concentration can't endure that distance.

But I think it's good, as I'll have a new experience, going back to sprint races is like the easy way out, staying in my comfort zone.

A question for the admins but perhaps a discussion issue for all members.
Are we going to use user created tracks from the editor in WRS combo's?

Couldn't help but notice that there has never been an Aston Martin, Maserati or modern Skyline (34 or 35) used at all in GT6. Just thought i'd throw that out there :mischievous:
Good point. Aston is my favorite brand in teams of beauty of cars :)
The one-77 is a crazy but fun ride, and the DB9 - to me the greatest looker of all - fantastic ito handling, sound and looks.

Back