GTP_WRS : Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 1,032 comments
A question for the admins but perhaps a discussion issue for all members.
Are we going to use user created tracks from the editor in WRS combo's?
We've started looking into it, and it's looking quite possible. 👍 Thinking of getting a small list of custom tracks together and putting it to a vote among you guys.

We've started looking into it, and it's looking quite possible. 👍 Thinking of getting a small list of custom tracks together and putting it to a vote among you guys.
I am helping CTznOfTime concocting an El Capitan replica which would be a great track for a WRS event and/or time trial.

I think it will be a lot of fun to have a combo with a FR on low grip tires at Serres Racing Circuit. The track is really good and well made. 👍

Do you guys still take suggestions with this? 'Cause I'd like to suggest a combo

Either of the SRT Oreca Vipers (2000) at the Daytona Infield Course. I have a blast driving those around there.

Nope, it'll be quite different from that or any other combo we've had in GT6. ;)
Meaning it has already been picked?

Also, I can't find the WRS combo history anymore (I remember having it), I used the search feature but to no avail either. Help please?

Lotus Motor Sport Elise '99 at Matterhorn Dristelen? Alternatively Lotus Evora '11 (Fully tuned) as it's incredibly hard at turn 1.

Now that we have done dirt TT (Week 111) should we do also snow TT in future? Full Chamonix with FR or AWD car.
If I searched archive right there's been couple snow TT but its been while.

This?
Also, I can't find the WRS combo history anymore (I remember having it), I used the search feature but to no avail either. Help please?

Now that we have done dirt TT (Week 111) should we do also snow TT in future? Full Chamonix with FR or AWD car.
If I searched archive right there's been couple snow TT but its been while.

This?
Nope, it was a excel looking file uploaded on Google Drive.

Just a random thought

How about some sort of quarterly or bi-annually championship using the weekly race's. It could work something like this>>>

>No of points divided by No of race's taken part in = Total points at the end of the quarter.

>There could be a minimum No of races that need to be raced in order to quailify for the championship.

>If there's a tie the driver who took part in the most races would be the overall winner or there could be a point for each race entered which's gets added on after the calculation above.

> If there's enough people taking part, there could be individual championships for the WW, EU and NA races or divisional championships. (if you get promoted in the middle of a championship 'tough luck' or the promotions could be held of till the end of the championship)

All that this would take really is some poor soul keeping track of the data and presenting it in a way thats something similar to the current weekly races results. Who know's having the chance to be crowned GTP_WRS champion might bring more to the weekly races.

Just a random thought

How about some sort of quarterly or bi-annually championship using the weekly race's. It could work something like this>>>

>No of points divided by No of race's taken part in = Total points at the end of the quarter.

>There could be a minimum No of races that need to be raced in order to quailify for the championship.

>If there's a tie the driver who took part in the most races would be the overall winner or there could be a point for each race entered which's gets added on after the calculation above.

> If there's enough people taking part, there could be individual championships for the WW, EU and NA races or divisional championships. (if you get promoted in the middle of a championship 'tough luck' or the promotions could be held of till the end of the championship)

All that this would take really is some poor soul keeping track of the data and presenting it in a way thats something similar to the current weekly races results. Who know's having the chance to be crowned GTP_WRS champion might bring more to the weekly races.

I had a similar idea last year only time based instead of points, but it didn't garner much interest so I never really tried doing it.

I was bored so I thought up a championship for the TT side of the WRS.

-Each season would consist of 12 weeks, with the 4 worst results being dropped in order to allow people to miss a round or two.
-Each participant would start at 5:00.000 with time being added or subtracted depending on how far off of the average lap time they are each week. The high base time is to allow for events taking place at longer tracks that can have minutes separating first from last.
-A champion would be crowned for the overall champion as well as the 4 divisions.

Obviously there are a few more things that would need to be worked out before it actually took place, but I figured I would post the basics before I forgot them.

I had a similar idea last year only time based instead of points, but it didn't garner much interest so I never really tried doing it.

It might be possible to combined the two ideas some how 💡. the 12 weeks and divisional champions sounds good. If there was a format I'd do all the work involved if I knew how to present it (a bit computer illiterate). It could be made up maybe in time for GTsport.

I might regret doing this :lol: (time) but If people want a championship and our great leaders :) the MOD's and Stewards etc, agree on a format I would be willing to learn what I needed to by then. I would have finished uni for a few months by then and work wouldn't get in the way to much. Could easily do the hard work involved if others would help in checking and coming up with catchy names etc. The thread could show pic's as highlights from throughout the season.

I got the old pen and paper out and worked through a few calculations my idea wouldn't work
even if you added points for No of races won.

'-Each season would consist of 12 weeks, with the 4 worst results being dropped in order to allow people to miss a round or two.' (@Northstar )

Something like this might work but instead of dropping the worst 4 results you could count the points from best 8/9/10/? weekly race finishes and have that number as the min requirement to be counted for the championship or not you could still count those who can't take part in enough races over the 12 weeks. There's bound to be ties which could be settled by the TT results or have a shoot out using a car and track from the past 12 weeks. Could be picked by toss of coin or the stewards or voted for...

:drool: Starting to think while typing so I'm going to leave it at that before I write a muddled essay :lol:

EDIT: I'm going to try out a couple of formats and see how they work out will post something in a few days

Last edited:
It could be made up maybe in time for GTsport.

At the rate PD works I would sure hope so.:lol:

Also, in case you were wondering, the reasoning for me going with the time based set-up is it hopefully reduces the chance of someone running away with the championship.

reduces the chance of someone running away with the championship.

I found thats what was happening with my previous idea. In the process of recording all the race finishes from weeks 99-110 once I've all that info laid out in front of me I should be able to work threw a few different things. It's taking for ever. Thinking maybe points for position in TT's or fastest lap in race and just maybe quaily position.

Finally got all the race results from W99-110 recorded to work through. There's 46 different drivers over 36 race's with people taking part in an average of 7.8 races.

Not sure what to do with DNS, DNF and DC's I just recorded the position that was on the race results table for the moment. Can't split it into WW, EU and NA champions because of the Avg races taken part in only being 7.8 but the idea of a divisional championship might work. Thinking of using the best 8 finishes from over the 12 weeks just need to finish working through it and figure out the best points system to use. Once that is done I'll see where it stands and think about using the TT results more than likely I'll use the handicapped results to mix things up. Hopefully I can get this to work and be back with something by next weekend. But it's looking a little overwhelming at the moment.

Last edited:
@Northstar , @PASM , @Gadge , @Vitessekid and anyone else

Ok I said i'd be a week :lol: ended up working through a few things today like a mad man instead. After getting all the race results I tried few different things ended up with 2 versions that might work. In both versions I took the best 8 finishes and excluded anyone who ran less than 4 races. DNS, DNF and DC's are counted as they are ranked on the race results and of course only official races. There was some changes to the doc when changing it from word to a jpg but the figures are there. As Ren is unplaced I put him as D3 but he could easily be D2. Although I'm thinking of excluding non-ranked guys in the future if this gets going.

1st ver:Points work like this:
position 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
points 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Then depending on division you get points for the No. of races participated in D1 = .5 D2 = 1 D3 = 1.5 D4 = 2

putting these together I came up with this;
championship.1.jpg
2nd version: the points are slightly different depending on division
P :1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
D1 :16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
D2 :18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3
D3 :20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5
D4 :22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7

Same as Vers 1 points for participating.

This is the results;
championship.2.jpg

For both versions eligilblity could be set as a min of 4 races and you must be ranked in order to qualify for the championship. When it comes to division points it could be set to the division that you start at i.e. if your D2 and get moved to D1 during the championship your points are calculated as D2. Also, an after thought not included above, there being a possible max 36 official races you could restrict the points for races participated in to a max of 20. I like Ver2 (wonder why :lol:) with the after thought. This wouldn't be hard to do all thats needed is the results for all races to be recorded on a table, then then transfer the data to something like above, do the calculations and present it in a better way.

What do you all think ? should and could we do something like this ? I'm happy to do the work just need approval and a little help in presenting it. And like I said it might encourage more racers at the weekly races

Last edited:
@monkeywall, it's a nice idea, and it very well could work to being more drivers to the races, but me personally I enjoy the fact that the WRS races aren't for points or anything special like that. Knowing it's not for a championship I can just enjoy my race, have fun, and not worry about making the event next week in case I have to work. The whole points deal would make it a little more serious and a little less casual fun for me.

This is just my opinion on it. Take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
I can just enjoy my race, have fun, and not worry about making the event next week in case I have to work. The whole points deal would make it a little more serious and a little less casual fun for me.

This is very true. In my attempt to give back to the WRS I may be going about it the wrong way

Back