GTP_WRS Week 1 : BallS1 to the Wall

• Thread starter EDK
  • 1,076 comments
First WRS TT ever for me!

I really must learn this L2/R2 combo, have been an 'X' and 'O' masher since GT1 days or maybe I should just get a wheel haha.

Welcome to the fun :gtpflag:

I am a newcomer to the WRS too..this is also my first TT and loving it.

While a wheel is clearly the best option, I would highly recommend changing to the L2/R2...I changed to this yesterday and, after 15 laps, I was running a couple of tenths off my previous best lap time (even beating my previous best in sector 2). It may take a while to get used to but it is definitely worth it.....Turn 1 before I was just slamming on the brakes, chucking it in and hoping it would end up where I wanted it, now the car is stable under braking as I can apply a bit of throttle to help rotate it and stop it skidding....not perfected it yet but getting there

Looks like I have to go with the fastest lap I did from a few days ago. I'm travelling overseas starting tomorrow morning, have been busy packing tonight =P
Did fire up GT6 for a bit earlier today but kinda struggling to better my own time haha :lol:

Hoping to have one last crack at this tonight after I managed to take my dfgt pedals apart and modify the a spare valve spring to give a better pedal feel hoping this will give me more stability on brakes instead of that on/off feel

Arrrgh... great going Dan 👍 ...need to pull my finger out. I haven't run it for 3 days and have splits slower than my current ones by about a tenth. Can't remember what they are just now but I assumed I'd beat that lap at some point, although it has a PB in sector 3.

On a mission.... :mischievous: Nice splits across the board. And a great turnout for week 1 - nice going guys. :cheers:

Last edited:
That's me finished with this TT. My best S2 time of 49.973 is almost 1/2 second slower than what my best sectors times combined (accounting for the 2 or 3 tenths I lose in turn 1-2). My fastest lap time was achieved 2 days ago and, despite about 60 laps since, I have not got close...the more I practice, the worse I get. Have gone from enjoying it to cursing every time I try. Good luck to those still trying, hope you manage to improve

Decided to give it another go, had a good first sector, but lost some on the second. Then went flyin' through the last sector and improved my best laptime with 0.2 sec :) I think I left 0.150 still on track (second sector) but I do not think I will chase it.... happy with my lap.

Another crack at it no pb sectors but all were so close to my pb it's managed to end up as 0.191 better than my previous fastest lap.

Sorting my peddles and switching to 200 degree lock also helped a lot too .

Renewed my interest: not many minutes in, I improved my lap time considerably (but not extraordinarily). In the first few seconds I had only two tyres ott though. So I want to do it properly.

I was running this last night with time change set to 60 because I haven't had much of a chance to try out any night driving in the game yet. I started at 10:00 and the time change went through the day and into the night and the sun came back up in the morning just as you would expect. Once I got back to 10:00 the next morning things started getting dark again but it wasn't your typical night cycle, it was more of an overall darkness and none of the lights either on the car or along the track were coming on and it eventually got so dark I had to stop and reload. Is this a known issue or has any else experienced this?

Interestingly, I was setting some of my best times at night and I ended up taking a good chunk off of my best lap once I had restarted and set the time to early morning. Does the time of day affect your speed or is it just a coincidence and I'm just getting better? I also noticed the same thing on the Brands Hatch qualifier where I seemed to be running faster in the morning than later in the day.

I have sent two messages to Fetchy, both saying they were approved. The issue is that my new time has not been updated on the Leaderboard. I sent it once last night and again this morning...help :confused:

Another crack at it no pb sectors but all were so close to my pb it's managed to end up as 0.191 better than my previous fastest lap.

Sorting my peddles and switching to 200 degree lock also helped a lot too .
How did you change the degree lock on a dfgt?

I have sent two messages to Fetchy, both saying they were approved. The issue is that my new time has not been updated on the Leaderboard. I sent it once last night and again this morning...help :confused:
The splits on the leaderboard are only obtained from here in the thread. So make a new post with your latest splits that go along with the replay you submitted. 👍

Oh, and...Go 'Hawks! :)

The splits on the leaderboard are only obtained from here in the thread. So make a new post with your latest splits that go along with the replay you submitted. 👍

Oh, and...Go 'Hawks! :)

Thanks Gravitron! Go Hawks indeed!!! :cool:

Back