GTP_WRS Week 10 : Gazoo Samba

• Thread starter Argon
  • 351 comments
Using some wider lines... and using the curb much more... still need a bit more pratice

1:00.731

Thanks @Argon and @BigDawg_1281 for the tips..

No problem, always willing to help.

With this combo, you can start getting into the throttle earlier than you think. The car will rotate better.

Edit: also... I am shifting much later than everyone else. I tried half and even half over the speedo. Then I tried halfway between the square and limiter. I was much quicker shifting later at the square (gear suggestion box)

Last edited:
Hello guys been a while, had snooker commitments with league and knockouts matches so not had much game time.

Seem to be struggling with shift points, I am not consistently changing at the right times as I’m unsure when it’s best to. Half the time I think I am staying slightly to long in gear before changing. I am trying to shift halfway into the redline, is this correct?

Seem to be struggling with shift points, I am not consistently changing at the right times as I’m unsure when it’s best to. Half the time I think I am staying slightly to long in gear before changing. I am trying to shift halfway into the redline, is this correct?

My best results have come from shifting as late as possible. Although, I swear this car "misses" shifts or somehow shifts slower at random times. It's been quite hard to judge as even a small increase in exit speed out of a corner will lead to large time differences that mask effect of shift timing. My best lap ghost is still kicking my butt down the straight out of the last turn, even with splits .1+ ahead :ouch:

My best results have come from shifting as late as possible. Although, I swear this car "misses" shifts or somehow shifts slower at random times. It's been quite hard to judge as even a small increase in exit speed out of a corner will lead to large time differences that mask effect of shift timing. My best lap ghost is still kicking my butt down the straight out of the last turn, even with splits .1+ ahead :ouch:
Tend to agree with the missing shifts, sometimes I can shift at pretty much the same time and pull a length or so on my ghost.

I get much better times shifting later too. I have to shift just before redline to get the best performance. I do get an odd shift when I hit 4th out of the last turn.

There’s still time left, no idea how the top guys are getting consistent.6s in first sector, best I’ve had is a .8

The last sector in this lap was pretty terrible so there is more time left :cheers:

Get back to this Friday evening hopefully :D

There’s still time left, no idea how the top guys are getting consistent.6s in first sector, best I’ve had is a .8

The last sector in this lap was pretty terrible so there is more time left :cheers:

Get back to this Friday evening hopefully :D

I can't figure out how yall are getting in the 29s:bowdown:. Best I could do was 30.08. Which I hit twice and 1 wasn't legal

For T1, don't shift up to 6th on the straight, you can stay in 5th without hitting the limiter. Turn in should start fairly wide on the right, cutting well inside to the left in order to setup for the right hander leading out. Exit speed is everything here, and you will need to use every inch of the rumbles on entry and exit.

For T1, don't shift up to 6th on the straight, you can stay in 5th without hitting the limiter. Turn in should start fairly wide on the right, cutting well inside to the left in order to setup for the right hander leading out. Exit speed is everything here, and you will need to use every inch of the rumbles on entry and exit.
I am using a wide line, it may be an idea form to turn off the cones as it would help with a wider entry.

I do stay in 5th for the straight

Back