GTP_WRS Week 12 : A Rainbow of Sporty V12's

• Thread starter PASM
  • 354 comments
Be smooth and the stopwatch will reward you :)
I can't thank you enough for your detailed advice for this car and track...:bowdown:

I was depressed yesterday - as I am SICK and TIRED of this ****ing cold, :yuck: the worst day ever on Sport Mode and unable to drive this car without TC faster than a tow truck could haul it around the track! I SUCK...it is that simple as I went to bed last night.

I have been leaning on @Argon for the last couple of weeks for sage advice and insight but I didn't want to waste his time as I had no motivation to try this one more time...then I looked at your post and the light went off. 💡 After 25 laps, I caught my best TC:2 time - 30 more laps and BINGO! :eek: I was a full second faster at the line than my TC:2 time...

Last edited:
Just a couple of hundredths off my target time, which I did hit earlier but the replay decided it didn’t want to save the end of the lap :banghead:

Still need to find a more consistent braking point & line around the final hairpin, but I’m happy to be this close to achieving my target this early in the week.

Captain's Log; Lap Count 2-2-0.
The miracle we've been waiting for finally appeared. After fruitless attempts to interact with the beast, wandering aimlessly and going around in circles of different sizes, the gods have answered our prayers as the beast appears to have finally gone where we wanted it. We are as yet unsure if this was the beast responding to our pleas and doing as asked, or if it's preferred path merely lined up with our own desires. Regardless, this is a monumental moment in our voyage, if we are of any hope to return with our sanity we can only pray that this is not the last time such a miracle occurs.

The last car that made me this angry was the Mazda LM55 on GT6. Naturally I'll keep digging away at this one waiting for another miracle. Hopefully when (if?) that occurs its on another absurdly high lap count because I kind of want to submit a PB that happened on lap 200+, and its the right length track for such a feat lol.

After telling myself one more lap about 13 times I just hit my PB and optimal lap.

Still way off the fast guys on s1, but that was fastest I have seen before and I was way faster through S2, beat previously PB by .5.

Last edited:
The last car that made me this angry was the Mazda LM55 on GT6. Naturally I'll keep digging away at this one waiting for another miracle. Hopefully when (if?) that occurs its on another absurdly high lap count because I kind of want to submit a PB that happened on lap 200+, and its the right length track for such a feat lol.
I forgot we even did that combo, I think I blocked it out. :lol:

We are a bunch of sadists when it comes to Monza.

On GT6, we used -
  • The Ferrari FXX
  • The Senna Lotus 97T
  • Mazda LM55
  • Ferrari GTO '84
  • Challenger SRT8 Touring Car
  • Yellowbird
When the Ferrari GTO and SRT8 Touring car are the tame examples, you know you are trying to piss some people off. :lol:

Maybe we need to come up with a not crazy Monza combo on GT Sport.

This car can do one and my right foot is a traitorous bastard. Hit a 27 flat first sector out of nowhere, then lost it on the last corner. :banghead: 🤬 :grumpy: :ouch:
Crude Unpredictable Nondirectional Tub!

Needless to say, I won't be doing the OLR for this combo unless it's a destruction derby? Although on further reflection, I'd miss anything I tried to hit.
Sorry, venting. Better than chewing on my wheel!

Last edited:
This car can do one and my right foot is a traitorous bastard. Hit a 27 flat first sector out of nowhere, then lost it on the last corner. :banghead: 🤬 :grumpy: :ouch:
Crude Unpredictable Nondirectional Tub!
Last corner on the way in, or the way out?

I am using -3 BB, and have found the perfect trail brake release is critical for that corner (And for turn 1). If you get the brake release just right, you can really nail that last hairpin. I almost always come through that one with a smile on my face.

Turn 2/3, on the other hand, not so much. :grumpy:

EDK
Last corner on the way in, or the way out?

I am using -3 BB, and have found the perfect trail brake release is critical for that corner (And for turn 1). If you get the brake release just right, you can really nail that last hairpin. I almost always come through that one with a smile on my face.

Turn 2/3, on the other hand, not so much. :grumpy:
Exit. The slight camber/descent, if caught slightly offline just spits me out. My lack of consistency with this is frustrating me no end.
Rationally, I know it's me but can't help but think the car is suspending the game physics at random to **** with me.

Exit. The slight camber/descent, if caught slightly offline just spits me out. My lack of consistency with this is frustrating me no end.
Rationally, I know it's me but can't help but think the car is suspending the game physics at random to **** with me.
Hmm, I just countersteer a bit in anticipation of the slide and it seems to work fine.

Maybe I am really slow there and not on it early enough, but it feels to me like I am doing it reasonably fast and is not anywhere near the toughest spot on track for me. I make sure I get my right side wheels on the flat part of the apex rumble and the exit rumble is quite friendly, as long as you stay off the grass outside of it. I do think the braking point being early and the correct trail brake technique going in there is key.

Maybe your extra speed coming up the hill caught you out on braking point?

I think I could just stack laps on this combo if not for my inconsistency from the exit of turn 1 to the exit of turn 3. That section is what makes this an exceptionally difficult combo, from my perspective.

EDK
I forgot we even did that combo, I think I blocked it out. :lol:

We are a bunch of sadists when it comes to Monza.

On GT6, we used -
  • The Ferrari FXX
  • The Senna Lotus 97T
  • Mazda LM55
  • Ferrari GTO '84
  • Challenger SRT8 Touring Car
  • Yellowbird
When the Ferrari GTO and SRT8 Touring car are the tame examples, you know you are trying to piss some people off. :lol:

Maybe we need to come up with a not crazy Monza combo on GT Sport.
I didn't even know WRS did that combo, I was referring to having to use the Mazda in the GTPES at 6 venues - Silverstone, Monza, Fuji, Red Bull Ring, Laguna Seca and Daytona (funny how Monza also came up, and it was the only race we didn't win!!). Every track I went to it just did not want to play ball at all, every setup from the previous venue was a complete waste of time; understeer, oversteer, inability to go straight at high speed, inability to stop turning at high speed (this was so awful), first turn at Fuji where your line decided if the car braked in a straight line, veered left or right and depending on how hard threw you into a spin, but you couldn't tell why or how, just had to hope that your line was one of the good ones. I spent countless hours trying to get that car to behave for myself and my team mates so that we could just drive it without any weirdness going on.

I do however agree that the list of cars for Monza is not a particularly friendly one. I suspect the conversation went along the lines that Monza was too easy so the car needed to be a challenge to make the week "a little more interesting", and would somewhat beg that this trend does not continue with the GTS tyre model providing enough challenge at this venue as it is.

I suspect the conversation went along the lines that Monza was too easy so the car needed to be a challenge to make the week "a little more interesting"
Yep. 👍 :lol:

Well, with the Challenger it was, "This thing won't turn, so if we are going to use it, this is just about the only track that will work."

Just to make sure and to notify others because it's really easy to cut here.
This is the high speed right hander just after T1 mark.

This is dirty right?

View attachment 713990
I did not say this yesterday, as I wanted to make sure I knew the spot and could validate in my session last night. But I think if you go out of bounds there, you are doing it wrong.

If you set up with the right line going in, you can take the uphill right hander flat, but with VERY LITTLE steering angle.

If you turn enough to have 2 wheels in grass, I can't imagine that ending well. :scared:

I can understand cutting the left hander before to straighten the racing line for the next right. But cutting that one seems to put you on the wrong angel for the following straight down to the final corner.

I can understand cutting the left hander before to straighten the racing line for the next right. But cutting that one seems to put you on the wrong angel for the following straight down to the final corner.
Exactly. Cut the left hander to setup, and then turn in ever so slightly while still on the gas and pray for dear life that the car doesn't start to step out on the way up the hill. :lol:

EDK
Exactly. Cut the left hander to setup, and then turn in ever so slightly while still on the gas and pray for dear life that the car doesn't start to step out on the way up the hill. :lol:
:lol::lol:

I was cutting that corner at first, I was thinking it was faster, but once it was deemed illegal, I realized that was the wrong line anyways, much faster staying on the track, if the back end doesn't come whipping around.

BTW should offer bonus seconds if you spin all the way around twice, and stay on track and never hit anything and keep going like nothing happens. Not sure if it was skill or luck when I did that this morning going up that hill. :scared::lol:

Double spin?!? That’s impressive mate, I managed a single spin one earlier then I forgot to brake for the hairpin so ended up about 30 seconds behind my ghost :ill:

Back