GTP_WRS Week 4 : A Branding Exercise

• Thread starter EDK
  • 342 comments
Just a tip here folks I see a lot of you running positive BB, and would really recommend you give negative BB a shot. I quickly found that it really helps to stabilise the car on entry allowing you a lot more control on the exit to counter some of the "tail happy" nature of this beast.

A little bit of testing I did with the DS in my hands suggests that TC3 is really going to hurt your lap time but doesn't really give much more control over using TC2 that will have much less impact on lap time.

:cheers:

First splits for this lovely combo, impressed with the track/lap/tyre choice, not myself though

Currently running mildly neg BB (neg 1 or 2), TC off. Altogether I am too cautious me thinks.... might also take the knock in pride and test TC... it is there for a reason LOL. Will give that a go now and see if I can improve.

Just a tip here folks I see a lot of you running positive BB, and would really recommend you give negative BB a shot. I quickly found that it really helps to stabilise the car on entry allowing you a lot more control on the exit to counter some of the "tail happy" nature of this beast.

A little bit of testing I did with the DS in my hands suggests that TC3 is really going to hurt your lap time but doesn't really give much more control over using TC2 that will have much less impact on lap time.

Cheers for the tips, they really helped! 👍
Still lots of room for improvement but I’m getting faster overall a lot quicker with B.B.-2 & TCS 2

Hello guys, some fast times on the board :bowdown:

Going to submit these so that I am not wasting my time like previous weeks where I haven’t had much time to set a lap.

I should have more time to run this one as I am nearly all set for the festive period.

Really getting the hang of this combo now. Just need to find the optimal braking points for a few corners, but I’m very happy with this lap.

Considering I’ve never been a fan of this track, I’m starting to really enjoy it!

One thing I noticed is that T2 seems to be better if you sacrifice a bit of time in turn 3. A wider line instead of hugging the corner seems to benefit more. I stayed tight in turn 3 for a better sector time, but it looks a better idea to take it slightly wider so that you can get the power down quicker.

Lost a bit to much time in T2 but had small gains in final 2 sectors, it’s so hard to nail a lap around here.

Great combo, challenging

Last edited:
Sorry for the image heavy post but I just thought I'd share these images of mine to show why Brands Hatch is a very special place for me. I was lucky enough to have attended the 1986 British Grand Prix which turned out to be the last time it was ever held in Brands Hatch. As you can see, there was some serious talent around at the time with 6 drivers in the field who between them won 13 F1 World Championships. Make that 14 if you include Damon Hill who was racing in the F3 support race.

7HT2ylO.jpg

NPTXYbA.jpg

Sdorhst.jpg

y1FgeVH.jpg

MybH6p0.jpg

DxkP7Va.jpg

67Z9ufF.jpg

cMIwvVq.jpg

s831aw7.jpg

I’m a bit behind the curve this week and I’m not likely to post any times. I’m taking my kids away for a couple of weeks although I’ll probably be with the ps, (hey, it’s Christmas!), but no wheel to drive with. So, I’ll check in but (probably) not compete. Good luck to all and wishing you a merry xmas :cheers:
Dan

Wow! And check the pit crew, no helmets, no fireproof overalls, those were the days!
Back to this challange, and I mean challange, TC 1 did not help me at all. It made me think I can now defy physics and ended up looking down the track through the rear view mirror more often than with TC off!!!
TC 2 does indeed help, you can just plant it at the apex and no worries! Does feel like cheeting though, I would have to agree with the others... So what to do now?

Ren
T....C 2 does indeed help, you can just plant it at the apex and no worries! Does feel like cheeting though, I would have to agree with the others... So what to do now?

There is absolutely no shame in using TC if it helps you with your lap times :cheers:

Ren
Wow! And check the pit crew, no helmets, no fireproof overalls, those were the days!
Back to this challange, and I mean challange, TC 1 did not help me at all. It made me think I can now defy physics and ended up looking down the track through the rear view mirror more often than with TC off!!!
TC 2 does indeed help, you can just plant it at the apex and no worries! Does feel like cheeting though, I would have to agree with the others... So what to do now?

Yeah I tried TC1, it was bad. Broke down and used TC2 and all times improved. It is really not cheating, most race cars now have TC and ABS, so it is not really cheating if you use them. 👍 (That is what I am telling myself anyways:D)

Last edited:
Probably my last run due to upcoming festivities so I went for if you can’t beat them join them (or as I call it, if Ren’s doing it, so am I!!). Set tcs to 2 and B.B. to -2 and it made quite the difference.

I do feel however that, whilst making me quicker, it definitely didn’t make me a better driver. I was mashing the throttle and dipping wheels on the grass that would’ve sent me spinning on my first attempt. The wheels off track was particularly noticeable as a difference.
Probably my last splits this week:

Ren
Exactly my feeling DG.... just does not feel right, does it?

Feels a bit....gamey. I have no problem with other people using it, especially on the pad which must be a nightmare! For me personally, the wrs is about making me a better driver and I’m not sure settings like that do this, each to his own though :cheers:

I am with all of you, I feel the same way, I love how I have improved the last three weeks. When I started with the WRS I was using ALL of the assists, now I am down to just ABS on weak.

I think I am going to shut it off and submit whatever my best time is without TC, it may be slower but it will feel more honest. Of course I am now going to spend a majority of the laps facing the wrong way after a corner, but when I put down that great lap it will be that much rewarding.

Ohh the traction control issue...feel no shame in using it guys, it is certainly not SRF, it will not make you faster. It's not an advantage over people who do not use it, quite the opposite. And for those with a DS4 is almost the only way to go on combos like this one.
Now, using TC on anything below 300hp is a whole different ballpark...

Back