GTP_WRS Week 4 : A Branding Exercise

• Thread starter EDK
  • 342 comments

Lost much time in first two sectors, but looking at board i think i pretty much nailed the T4 in this lap, which was .5 faster than my previous best. (checked replay, this one is clean ^^ )

PS: I hate my optimal, it is 1.8s faster than me... :eek::scared::odd::banghead::crazy:

Best thing you can do is look at sector 2 and 3 combined. A good 2nd will automatically results in a poor 3th and vice versa.

Somebody a few pages back said that the a positief BB will results in a unstable car. So I tried the negatief BB and the car became more stable but when I tested it a bit more I noticed it doesn't really matter if you run negatief or positief as long as you don't you use high numbers that will make the car unstable. Best thing that works for me is +1 for the overal lap.

And btw what a damn though combo is this to put together your best spilts. Wakes me up screaming in the middle of the night :lol:

DTM
Best thing you can do is look at sector 2 and 3 combined. A good 2nd will automatically results in a poor 3th and vice versa.

Somebody a few pages back said that the a positief BB will results in a unstable car. So I tried the negatief BB and the car became more stable but when I tested it a bit more I noticed it doesn't really matter if you run negatief or positief as long as you don't you use high numbers that will make the car unstable. Best thing that works for me is +1 for the overal lap.

And btw what a damn though combo is this to put together your best spilts. Wakes me up screaming in the middle of the night :lol:

Had countless spins in turns 2 and 3, need to find a better line through there when I get home from work:lol:

Might try your BB I was using 3, hopefully I will be more stable round those turns.

Had countless spins in turns 2 and 3, need to find a better line through there when I get home from work:lol:

Might try your BB I was using 3, hopefully I will be more stable round those turns.

Low numbers work the best is what I noticed. Don't what your using pad or wheel (if you put it in your signature, it will show up on the board) But you have to be real patience around those corners, specially the second corner, let the car coast at the inside of the corner as close to the curbs as possible and go back on the throttle gently. You probably brake just a little bit to late too. Cos when you dive into that second corner a tiny bit to far and it cost you dearly.

Good news just set fastest time, even faster than when using TC.

Bad news very questionable boundary pushing. Hoping I can run a cleaner fast lap but for now here are my times. I have run faster S1 and S2 so still time to gain.

Edit: switching from BB5 to BB2 made a difference. Also after first 2 sectors I was slower than previous best and was going to throw away the lap, ended up 1.4 seconds faster than previous fast lap. Guess you should never throw away a lap unless you crash.

Last edited:
Good news just set fastest time, even faster than when using TC.

Bad news very questionable boundary pushing. Hoping I can run a cleaner fast lap but for now here are my times. I have run faster S1 and S2 so still time to gain.

If you want to shoot me a still of the worst it is I'll be happy to give you a second opinion 👍

If you want to shoot me a still of the worst it is I'll be happy to give you a second opinion 👍

I will, once i figure out how. Haha. I already took some stills because it was so close.
I will be at work for the next 9 hours, later tonight I will send it to you. Thanks

I will, once i figure out how. Haha. I already took some stills because it was so close.
I will be at work for the next 9 hours, later tonight I will send it to you. Thanks

If you do want me to look at it then send the image via PSN to Argon56. It's easier than doing it from here:cheers:

DTM
Low numbers work the best is what I noticed. Don't what your using pad or wheel (if you put it in your signature, it will show up on the board) But you have to be real patience around those corners, specially the second corner, let the car coast at the inside of the corner as close to the curbs as possible and go back on the throttle gently. You probably brake just a little bit to late too. Cos when you dive into that second corner a tiny bit to far and it cost you dearly.

I’m using a G29 like yourself, what wheel settings are you using? Be coming to you for tips now I know your using the same equipment :lol:

After another 200 km and several sessions with practical no improvements, I gave it a try with traction control on. :dopey:

100 km later:

TC 2, BB -2

Much less frustrating and much more fun, and finally also some improvement at the line. :D Time submitted.

Good luck and happy holidays to you all. :cheers:

I’m using a G29 like yourself, what wheel settings are you using? Be coming to you for tips now I know your using the same equipment :lol:

Don’t know my wheel settings have to check ik when I start up the PS4. Will let you know. I believe it’s pretty near the default settings

Finally cleaned up most of my sectors and nailed the last one. 👍
Yup you definitely get a :bowdown: for that last sector....think I'm about to throw the towel in on this one - we need a white flag emote!

Slightly better across the line but a poor first sector. Seem to be struggling to get into the 17.0s now

Not finished yet, can see another couple of tenths at least.... it’s getting them :lol:

Great spilts 👍

I assume you won’t need my wheel settings anymore

Here they are anyway

90236E96-CF59-48B5-AF9E-3A72686CE190.jpeg

DTM
Great spilts 👍

I assume you won’t need my wheel settings anymore

Here they are anyway

View attachment 701119
May give them a go cheers

This lap was a mess, running wide onto the grass a few times, it’s clean but awful. This tells me there’s a tenth or 2 left because I can over take my ghost on parts of the lap.

Terrible 4th sector

Last edited:
Back