GTP_WRS Week 4 : A Branding Exercise

• Thread starter EDK
  • 342 comments
I'm now just trading tenths and thousandths between sectors which seems like a fairly good sign that I have pretty much reached my limit on this one. I'll take a couple more stabs at it though because its an addictive combo this week.

One note of caution based on my performance so far, taking turn 3 (first turn in sector 2) too wide could get you a DQ as that lovely bit of wide astro turf the other side of the rumble strip is not track and it is way too easy to end up with 3 wheels on the green ;)

After much debate, I have decided to run this without TC, even though I know I can do better with TC. I always shut of the TC in my personal car, why am I turning it on in the game. :D Plus it makes it too easy, and I like being out of control 90 percent of the time.

I am only 1.1 seconds off my time with TC but I think I can get close to it by the deadline. After watching the replay I can see where I can improve, I just have to be willing to push the limits. :nervous: And the first sector was just as good as my best with TC, I am getting turn one down.

After much debate, I have decided to run this without TC, even though I know I can do better with TC. I always shut of the TC in my personal car, why am I turning it on in the game. :D Plus it makes it too easy, and I like being out of control 90 percent of the time.

I am only 1.1 seconds off my time with TC but I think I can get close to it by the deadline. After watching the replay I can see where I can improve, I just have to be willing to push the limits. :nervous: And the first sector was just as good as my best with TC, I am getting turn one down.

Good on you, I have been running without TC from the start but something tells me I may be quicker with it on, especially through the first 2 sectors.

I am using +3bb but sometimes switch to 4, not made my mind up which feels better

Good on you, I have been running without TC from the start but something tells me I may be quicker with it on, especially through the first 2 sectors

I started without it, then switched to using it and gained over a second, but it wasn't as much fun and I know it is not cheating but felt like cheating, so went back to no TC. I don't care what crazy combo they throw at us, I will not use it again, which is one more reason to convince my wife to buy me a wheel for christmas. :lol: (I don't think she did despite my many hints......)

on the BB i found that +5 works best for me.

I use chase cam and thought I would give 1st person a go (just meters on screen). Is it me or does the car feel more stable in first person?

I struggle with 1st person mainly because of the added feeling of more speed but it certainly feels different. I can use this view in slower cars but struggle badly in the faster ones.

I use chase cam and thought I would give 1st person a go (just meters on screen). Is it me or does the car feel more stable in first person?

I struggle with 1st person mainly because of the added feeling of more speed but it certainly feels different. I can use this view in slower cars but struggle badly in the faster ones.
I changed to bumper cam when I went from controller to wheel on GT4.

To me, it feels more like actually driving a car to have it in that view, you just react to what is around you.

I think you will find the majority of the faster guys use 1st person bumper cam. A few would use roof cam.

And as far as I know, @Mr P still uses Kiddie Cam (3rd person). :lol: ;) 👍

When I used to race with a dualshock in GT3 yep it was in kiddy mode.. But not since GT4 when I got my first wheel! then I moved to this view..

Still it was a good chuckle you gave me there Kev.. Thanks! :lol:👍

Did you find it difficult changing? I struggle to see when the corners are coming up it’s like I am to low to the road

EDK
I changed to bumper cam when I went from controller to wheel on GT4.

To me, it feels more like actually driving a car to have it in that view, you just react to what is around you.

I think you will find the majority of the faster guys use 1st person bumper cam. A few would use roof cam.

And as far as I know, @Mr P still uses Kiddie Cam (3rd person). :lol: ;) 👍
I don't have any issues with kiddy cam, too use to it to switch to anything else now though

Did you find it difficult changing? I struggle to see when the corners are coming up it’s like I am to low to the road

Like everything it takes time and effort! Lots of practice to get up to speed. It also helps to memorize the track and know all the braking points, trial and error fails will eventually just push you faster than your old lap times... and when you pass those times? The view change will be second nature to you and you wont look back ;)

Just persist after mistakes and stick with it.. It just gets easier and more natural through time 👍

Saw my sector time and 🤬 my pants so messed up what could of been a lap I’m happy with:banghead:

That is the struggle with this combo, yet I can not stop trying to improve. Nothing worse than seeing that your potential best lap is a whole second and half faster than your current best time......🤬:banghead:

Improved a bit at the line. Really happy with this lap. Not much left at all. Might just end it here and enjoy the holidays and see what the new update brings :)

I really hope Santa Yamauchi is delivering some endurance races in the morning :D

Back