GTP_WRS Week 4 : A Branding Exercise

• Thread starter EDK
  • 342 comments

I knew this would be a disaster. I can control the mighty AMG GT3 just fine (I has TCS on 3 and brake balance all the way to the front) but I'm terrible at Brands Hatch. I have enough trouble pulling off a clean lap here let alone a good one.

I knew this would be a disaster. I can control the mighty AMG GT3 just fine (I has TCS on 3 and brake balance all the way to the front) but I'm terrible at Brands Hatch. I have enough trouble pulling off a clean lap here let alone a good one.

Have you tried TC2 and pulling back the BB a bit to -2?.

Worst corners are 2 and 4 where you need a tight line around 2 (brake early) and 4 is just hard, the entry point is so tricky because you need to open the corner to get the power down early, if you run wide you will lose a ton of time down the straight likewise turn in too early and you have a similar problem. Back of the circuit is about having bags of courage and hitting those kerbs on the apex hard 👍

After yesterdays sessions with TCS I couldn't resist coming back again today driving the daily workout here. :D And wow! Several successive laps without crashing. :dopey: :lol:

Slightly slower splits, but a few hundredths faster a the line. :crazy:

Still TC 2, BB -2.

Have you tried TC2 and pulling back the BB a bit to -2?.

Worst corners are 2 and 4 where you need a tight line around 2 (brake early) and 4 is just hard, the entry point is so tricky because you need to open the corner to get the power down early, if you run wide you will lose a ton of time down the straight likewise turn in too early and you have a similar problem. Back of the circuit is about having bags of courage and hitting those kerbs on the apex hard 👍

My issued is 3, I have turn 2 and 4 down pretty good, turn 3 I am either carrying too much speed from turn 2 or I slow down toi much. That and I cant figure out if I should stay in 4th through most of back half or dowshift to 3rd. One gives you more corner speed one gives you better exit. Times seem about the dame when I have been testing. That second to last corner is also tricky, ive made or lost good laps on that corner alone.

My issued is 3, I have turn 2 and 4 down pretty good, turn 3 I am either carrying too much speed from turn 2 or I slow down toi much. That and I cant figure out if I should stay in 4th through most of back half or dowshift to 3rd. One gives you more corner speed one gives you better exit. Times seem about the dame when I have been testing. That second to last corner is also tricky, ive made or lost good laps on that corner alone.

Thing to keep in mind is that sector 2 & 3 inevitably end up being a trade off, fast in one slower in the other and v.v. because the end of sector 2 is right on the apex of turn 4. I've tried to get turn 4 down pat as that's the one that for me will really make or break a lap.

Round the back....don't really have much advice other than what I said above....bravery and lots of kerb on each kink. The speed you carry through the kinks will determine your gear and what feels more in control. The aliens probably carry 4th but us mortals have to go with whatever works :lol:

Will submit with my current splits. I'm travelling tomorrow and won't be home before the replays submission deadline, but it still like to see where I get placed. Regardless I'll share the replay when I'm back on the 3rd January, understanding that it will be disqualified. Is that okay?

Happy holidays :)

Will submit with my current splits. I'm travelling tomorrow and won't be home before the replays submission deadline, but it still like to see where I get placed. Regardless I'll share the replay when I'm back on the 3rd January, understanding that it will be disqualified. Is that okay?

Happy holidays to you too hope you have a great time. We'll see what situation we're in after the holidays and if we can delay the cut-off we'll do our best, no promises though 👍

It's possible we'll be running behind anyhow.

Let's see what the next couple weeks being.

Shakedown run with loadcell brake kit installed. I think I might like it! Knocked off 1.5 at the line. Lots more to be had I think.

Well I was going to have one last go tonight but the servers are down which means I can’t even do an offline time trial and save it :banghead:

This online save is absolute nonsense, submitting with current splits I guess :grumpy:

Well I was going to have one last go tonight but the servers are down which means I can’t even do an offline time trial and save it :banghead:

This online save is absolute nonsense, submitting with current splits I guess :grumpy:

Bummer mate! I feel for you.... if it makes you feel a bit better listen to this... I just had another encounter myself with GTSport's funny little ways: So after uncountable tries I just knocked almost 8 tenth off my lap time, fist pumped as I crossed the line, crashed because of that (of course)... now thanks to this combo in particular I find the options button on my wheel as fast as Lucky Luke, so while the AMG is still flying out of turn 1 into the gravel I hit that exact button. Went ahead to save the replay etc. etc...
You can probably figure the rest already.... Anyhow now my replay thumbnail states my new best time correctly , but when I play the replay it cuts off just before the finish line. Now I'm shure the moderators would give me a break on that as is would be physically absolutely impossible to still put the car off the track on those last 10 meters.... BUT: the replay live timing final time is stipulated besaid 8 tenth longer than what the time actually is, so when in comes to submission/verification I would be stuffed (I think we had a long discussion on that here earlier) ... sigh....

Bottom line (or summary for those who don't have time for all my blathering about above):
> after a good lap make sure you run the car out for a good few hundred meters before exiting!!!

(this had been pointed out somewhere before, I know, but repeating it may just save somebody else my pain I thought.....) :banghead::cheers:

Ren
Bummer mate! I feel for you.... if it makes you feel a bit better listen to this... I just had another encounter myself with GTSport's funny little ways: So after uncountable tries I just knocked almost 8 tenth off my lap time, fist pumped as I crossed the line, crashed because of that (of course)... now thanks to this combo in particular I find the options button on my wheel as fast as Lucky Luke, so while the AMG is still flying out of turn 1 into the gravel I hit that exact button. Went ahead to save the replay etc. etc...
You can probably figure the rest already.... Anyhow now my replay thumbnail states my new best time correctly , but when I play the replay it cuts off just before the finish line. Now I'm shure the moderators would give me a break on that as is would be physically absolutely impossible to still put the car off the track on those last 10 meters.... BUT: the replay live timing final time is stipulated besaid 8 tenth longer than what the time actually is, so when in comes to submission/verification I would be stuffed (I think we had a long discussion on that here earlier) ... sigh....

Bottom line (or summary for those who don't have time for all my blathering about above):
> after a good lap make sure you run the car out for a good few hundred meters before exiting!!!

(this had been pointed out somewhere before, I know, but repeating it may just save somebody else my pain I thought.....) :banghead::cheers:

I go to the next sector mark at a minimum.

Newbie here. Been following this for a few weeks after having a Google to see if I could bench mark myself, so I thought it's about time to join up.

Current best times are:

GT sport won't connect online though which is typical so won't be submitted just yet as I have no replay!

Edit: I do have a replay, so they must save offline :)

Last edited:
Back