GTP_WRS Week 4 : A Branding Exercise

• Thread starter EDK
  • 342 comments
Newbie here. Been following this for a few weeks after having a Google to see if I could bench mark myself, so I thought it's about time to join up.

Current best times are:

GT sport won't connect online though which is typical so won't be submitted just yet as I have no replay!

Welcome to the party :cheers:

Ren
Bummer mate! I feel for you.... if it makes you feel a bit better listen to this... I just had another encounter myself with GTSport's funny little ways: So after uncountable tries I just knocked almost 8 tenth off my lap time, fist pumped as I crossed the line, crashed because of that (of course)... now thanks to this combo in particular I find the options button on my wheel as fast as Lucky Luke, so while the AMG is still flying out of turn 1 into the gravel I hit that exact button. Went ahead to save the replay etc. etc...
You can probably figure the rest already.... Anyhow now my replay thumbnail states my new best time correctly , but when I play the replay it cuts off just before the finish line. Now I'm shure the moderators would give me a break on that as is would be physically absolutely impossible to still put the car off the track on those last 10 meters.... BUT: the replay live timing final time is stipulated besaid 8 tenth longer than what the time actually is, so when in comes to submission/verification I would be stuffed (I think we had a long discussion on that here earlier) ... sigh....

Bottom line (or summary for those who don't have time for all my blathering about above):
> after a good lap make sure you run the car out for a good few hundred meters before exiting!!!

(this had been pointed out somewhere before, I know, but repeating it may just save somebody else my pain I thought.....) :banghead::cheers:

Bad times mate, I’m so paranoid about that, it’s like instinct to hit retry when you lose it rather than crawling round the rest of the sector!!

Newbie here. Been following this for a few weeks after having a Google to see if I could bench mark myself, so I thought it's about time to join up.

Current best times are:

GT sport won't connect online though which is typical so won't be submitted just yet as I have no replay!

Edit: I do have a replay, so they must save offline :)

Welcome to the WRS

Still about a second off my optimal time

I think the optimal time is just an illusion. :D Despite the fact I can lap within .3 of my fastest lap every lap now, I am still 1.5 off my optimal. How? :banghead:

Of course I will continue to try to obtain that optimal time, it is like hunting for a unicorn. :lol:

I think the optimal time is just an illusion. :D Despite the fact I can lap within .3 of my fastest lap every lap now, I am still 1.5 off my optimal. How? :banghead:

On occasion I've beaten my optimal time because it's not really optimal. A sector is made up of multiple corners and your real optimal time is your best time through each corner....

For instance you may do a great first corner at Brands Hatch and mediocre 2nd for a 17.5, followed by a mediocre first and a great 2nd for a 17.5. Your real optimal first isn't 17.5 but rather a 17.2 if you manage to take both really well...

...moral of the story is don't limit yourself to your optimal time, it's faster than you think.

That said, a really big tip for time trialing: don't worry too much about your lap times, focus instead on just getting better on each and every corner. If you blow a corner, dont worry about it. Just try to reduce your lap delta a bit on the next.

Keep running laps, get better and better at each corner and watch the times fall.

Another tip: if you can set multiple laps within half a second or so of your best lap, you're preparing to knock time off of your best. If you get stuck on a time, set a goal for running multiple laps within a second or half second of your best.

Train yourself to focus on one corner at a time, lap times will take care of themselves.

Made it down to the next second! Super tight coming into sector 2 but managed to stay in the red n whites. Definitely learning things on this combo.

I think this is pretty close to all I have to give and I'm not sure how much time I have in the seat before the deadline so I will submit this one.

Happy holidays to everyone! :cheers:

If I can find a couple of tenths overall it's fine by me.
These type of cars are just to fast for me.
Brake to late,steer to late..one big mess.
This one reminds of the qualifier some years ago.Was struggling then,and it ain't getting better ..
Happy holidays everyone and good luck
:cheers:

Like most of us, seeing the optimal time pop up does give mixed feelings.:crazy:

Shows the difficulty of this combo,tons of time to lose or gain on every part of the track.

For those still running,good luck :D and Merry Christmas to all.:cheers:

Well that sucks, the server error has struck and may have put paid to a quick bazai run before I have to call this one done...got a coupe of hour so maybe, just maybe....

Same here for the on-line thingy but you still can run and save your best lap.

Really, I thought you could only save it when you were online :banghead:

Thanks for the info though, will come in handy for future reference, I’m sure this won’t be a one off!

@Rikson thanks very much for the tip about running in off-line mode. I had no idea you could still run and save best laps 👍

I'm about (once I get myself motivated) to go and be festive with fam and need to call this one so will be submitting with the times on the board. Some really impressive commitment from you all this week on a tricky but rewarding time trial. Good luck everyone

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing I hope you enjoy the holidays and have a Merry Christmas :cheers:

Bummer :irked:. Looks like GTS servers are still down with no word on when they'll be back up or what's gone wrong. Read one report that said it could be this way until Tuesday.

I wanted to try and improve my times but it looks like that may not happen now. :banghead:

Bummer :irked:. Looks like GTS servers are still down with no word on when they'll be back up or what's gone wrong. Read one report that said it could be this way until Tuesday.

I wanted to try and improve my times but it looks like that may not happen now. :banghead:
There are guys posting above saying they are able to run offline and save their best lap replay.

I've not verified this myself, but it would be worth looking into.

I managed to run my first 20 second T4 this morning, but the first 3 sectors were way off the pace of my best lap :banghead:
Looks like I’ll be sticking with my last submitted time!

Tried the tool tip, went to top menu (GT button top left I suppose), then into the options there, then back with circle. The game then tries to reconnect.... gave it like ten tries now, no luck though. Then again I do see Sjaak online, so there must be a way... Maybe the weak internet from SA adds to my situation.
All that said, time trial (and saving your replays) should work as it's one of GTSport's very few offline options.
Oh yes and then: merry Christmas to all!!!! :cheers:

Yep,still online here with the game.
Must have been made a connection before the troubles started.

It seems to be random if you get on or not. I did eventually last night after a lot of spamming reconnect but failed all day today. Apparently the problem is with the psn and not the gt servers, they won’t talk to each other properly...

Back