GTP_WRS Week 46 : Handicap Race @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 199 comments
I know what you mean:banghead:
Edit:
+15% is a killer, the car is insane with that much power :crazy:

I know what you mean.
I have trouble with this car as it is and trying to get the hp to the road is very hard for me.
I even went back and turned TCS on, though I'm not sure if these splits are with TCS or not.
I've tried all sorts of settings/tunes and I don't see me getting any better.
Spent way too many hours already with no real improvements, so moving on.
None the less, new splits, which are terrible.

1'34.292

After a bad nights sleep,i got another bit of time off my splits.T1.is still being akward with me,so no 50.xxyet:grumpy:..

T1:51.048

T2:1'32.796

:)

After a bad nights sleep,i got another bit of time off my splits.T1.is still being akward with me,so no 50.xxyet:grumpy:..

Outstanding :gtpflag:

All the best
Maz

Is it really that much for a division 1 gold alien vs someone who has a bad track record for T3 at Suzuka though?;)

Well Paulie mate,if i really would put in all skills(division 1 skills that is...lol)i have got i would do a much better lap than i have done untill now...but this will take substantiall time,and if there is something i dont have it is available time!!!...i did 3 sessions of about 20 minutes untill now,and everytime i got in the "zone",i had to stop due to me being bizzy with other stuff(work,family,and especially my woman....:sly:).

But i can tell you guys that probably the div2 will winn this week!!i tried ,just because i whas curious,to race with div 2 spec....and i whas sooo much quicker at the second part of suzuka it amazed me what a few extra horses qould do on a straight....so,if any of the alien(as you guys call us....:dopey:)div 1 guys want to winn this week,the lap has to be something extra special!!!..........:sly:

anyway,am happy to finally compete in the WRS....looks like i will have some more time avalable the comming weeks....we'll see...:)

(top times Theewar!!👍👍👍)

spyrrari.

But i can tell you guys that probably the div2 will winn this week!!i tried ,just because i whas curious,to race with div 2 spec....and i whas sooo much quicker at the second part of suzuka it amazed me what a few extra horses qould do on a straight....so,if any of the alien(as you guys call us....:dopey:)div 1 guys want to winn this week,the lap has to be something extra special!!!..........:sly:

spyrrari.

👍 Spyrrari.

I also ran a few laps with D2 power and although it didn't help much in T1 (other than the run down to turn 1), I killed my D1 powered ghost out of the hairpin and then again out of Spoon.

I reckon I could run splits close to Theewar, but it would require every corner to be hit perfectly.

Finally managed a clean lap!! New splits

T1 - 52.034
T2 - 1'34.368

anyway,am happy to finally compete in the WRS....looks like i will have some more time avalable the comming weeks....we'll see...:)

(top times Theewar!!👍👍👍)

spyrrari.

Don't forget to submit before 11.59pm GMT on Monday!

All the best
Maz

Welcome to WRS and GTP!

How do you get the T1 and T2 times?

From the first post in this thread..

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

You can then note them down as they appear during your replay.

👍

All the best
Maz

I know what you mean.
I have trouble with this car as it is and trying to get the hp to the road is very hard for me.
I even went back and turned TCS on, though I'm not sure if these splits are with TCS or not.
I've tried all sorts of settings/tunes and I don't see me getting any better.
Spent way too many hours already with no real improvements, so moving on.
None the less, new splits, which are terrible.

1'34.292

TCS on!!! hmm haven't thought of that :dunce:, but then I hate to drive with it on :sly:....try to be easy with the accelerator and feed it in and out all the way through the apexes, you can also try toe: -0.12/-0.08 and camber: 1.0(0.8)/1.2.

Here's my tune if you wanna give it a go, it suits my driving style...I'm kindda aggressive :D

Power: +15
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R3/R3
Downforce: 20/35

Ride Height: -10/-9
Spring Rates: 5/4
Damper: 5/6
Toe: -0.12/-0.08
Camber: 1.0/1.2

Brake Balance: 7/5 & 5/7 (haven't made up my mind yet, I switch between both of them)

Angle: 45
TCS: off
ABS: 2

Gear Ratios: From Dragonistic's
1st: 3.240
2nd: 2.090
3rd: 1.628
4th: 1.312
5th: 1.066
6th: 0.875
Final: 3.360

Shame I'm not able to do any more session for now as my DSL is down :ouch:....hope it's up and running by tomorrow afternoon, I need to have another session.

T1: 51.618
T2: 1'33.445

Been a full 3/10 up on the T1 time on several occasions only to throw it all away in the hairpin.

1'32.762

It's getting really hard to find improvements. I don't know how you D1 and D2 guys are doing it.

TCS on!!! hmm haven't thought of that :dunce:, but then I hate to drive with it on :sly:....try to be easy with the accelerator and feed it in and out all the way through the apexes, you can also try toe: -0.12/-0.08 and camber: 1.0(0.8)/1.2.

Here's my tune if you wanna give it a go, it suits my driving style...I'm kindda aggressive :D

Power: +15
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R3/R3
Downforce: 20/35

Ride Height: -10/-9
Spring Rates: 5/4
Damper: 5/6
Toe: -0.12/-0.08
Camber: 1.0/1.2

Brake Balance: 7/5 & 5/7 (haven't made up my mind yet, I switch between both of them)

Angle: 45
TCS: off
ABS: 2

Gear Ratios: From Dragonistic's
1st: 3.240
2nd: 2.090
3rd: 1.628
4th: 1.312
5th: 1.066
6th: 0.875
Final: 3.360

Shame I'm not able to do any more session for now as my DSL is down :ouch:....hope it's up and running by tomorrow afternoon, I need to have another session.

Mate,am going to give you a hint....,

change the springs to a higher level...say arround 8 front and 7 rear...

change your camber to at least 1,5 front and no more than 1,2 rear....

as this is a 4wd car ,it initially wants to understeer,so get the rear end of the car to be a little "loose" if you know what i meen....

you want the car to steer IN to the corner with a little oversteer,rather than it to be "easy" to controll by having understeer into the corners....:)

could say much more,but just try to "unbalance" the car yourself first to see what i meen....:sly:

spyrrari.

Mate,am going to give you a hint....,

change the springs to a higher level...say arround 8 front and 7 rear...

change your camber to at least 1,5 front and no more than 1,2 rear....

as this is a 4wd car ,it initially wants to understeer,so get the rear end of the car to be a little "loose" if you know what i meen....

you want the car to steer IN to the corner with a little oversteer,rather than it to be "easy" to controll by having understeer into the corners....:)

could say much more,but just try to "unbalance" the car yourself first to see what i meen....:sly:

spyrrari.

Thanks a lot Spy. for the advice, I'd sure give it a try if I got the chance:indiff:, all I can think of now, what if the connx is not back before Monday night!! I only had 40 laps (3 laps 1st session, 37 the 2nd) :grumpy:

Thanks a lot Spy. for the advice, I'd sure give it a try if I got the chance:indiff:, all I can think of now, what if the connx is not back before Monday night!! I only had 40 laps (3 laps 1st session, 37 the 2nd) :grumpy:

No worries mate,hope you'll get your connx up in time...👍

Wont give any more hints though....you "extra powered" lads have to sort it out your by your own skills now....💡....loooool.

spyrrari.

No worries mate,hope you'll get your connx up in time...👍

Wont give any more hints though....you "extra powered" lads have to sort it out your by your own skills now....💡....loooool.

spyrrari.

Thanks mate, I'll do my best 👍
Board Updated

I seem to run higher camber then anyone in most settings (even GT4)... but ive got 2.0 front 1.2 back and thats being conservating for me lol...

I noticed that by making 2nd and 3rd longer and 5th and 6th shorter it helps alot....

It's getting really hard to find improvements. I don't know how you D1 and D2 guys are doing it.

What on earth do you mean? You're in the top of the rankings man. Please don't find any further improvements... :sly:

What on earth do you mean? You're in the top of the rankings man. Please don't find any further improvements... :sly:

INDEED! Like I said before though, once I stop trying it becomes very difficult for everyone else to improve. Sadly, I have another session planned for later tonight so maybe he will get his wish. :lol:

HUGE improvements, some large experimenting gave me a very dirty lap that can be walked alllll over.

Ill be up there with Bleached soon reppin DIV3 :)

T1- 51.264
T2- 1`33.168

Superb splits theewar.👍 I knew a 1'32.7 was easily obtainable. Don't worry about the sub 50.0 T1, I think I fluked mine.:lol: I need to do a lap exactly the same as I've done but with no mistakes at the hairpin.

Just about got to a 51.5 in the first sector. Having read last few pages, I think I'm going the wrong with the Springs. Currently at 3/5, toe is reduced to about right level.

Now I'm really, really, REALLY!!!!!! Pissed!:mad::mad::mad: :irked: 🤬 :mad:

I just installed a bigger HDD in my PS3 and now I can't get my old files back at all, the media device isn't reading in anything. 🤬 Naturally that contains my saves, replays etc etc.

Latest Posts

Back