GTPedia Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter mercgoat
  • 37 comments
  • 1,839 views
Messages
188
Messages
mercgoat
Has there been an update to include the 2 new Corvettes or anything else for that matter?
 
No, not yet. It'll be coming next week, though. There will be an announcement on the News blog and instructions on how to download it will be posted on https://www.gtplanet.net/gtpedia/.
 
Yes, we've been working hard to compile the corrections users have sent us (and there are fewer than we feared there might be!) and the additions made since release, amongst other things.
 
No, not yet. It'll be coming next week, though. There will be an announcement on the News blog and instructions on how to download it will be posted on https://www.gtplanet.net/gtpedia/.

Yes, we've been working hard to compile the corrections users have sent us (and there are fewer than we feared there might be!) and the additions made since release, amongst other things.

I know this is quite off-topic, but I'd like to congratulate the two of you on publishing such a fantastic book/'Pedia.
For someone like me who hasn't played anything before GT PSP, it's awesome being able to look back and see what GranTurismo was like 'back then'. :p
And having a car-list for every GranTurismo game, for me, is priceless.
And then you've got the Free updates, meaning it never gets old.

Cheers to Famine and Jordan! :cheers::gtpflag:
 
Last edited:
Since this topic has been already made. I want to bring another question about it. Is there a chance that GTPedia can get in book shelf's? I never buy things online :/
 
Since this topic has been already made. I want to bring another question about it. Is there a chance that GTPedia can get in book shelf's? I never buy things online :/
Unfortunately, no, it is unlikely to ever appear in bookstores. We're about to significantly reduce shipping costs to Europe, though, so it will be easier for everyone interested to own a copy.
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately, no, it is unlikely to ever appear in bookstores. We're about to drastically significantly reduce shipping costs to Europe, though, so it will be easier for everyone interested to own a copy.

I think it would've been awesome if we could have had our GTP Usernames in the book.
Like where it says "Dedicated to the GTPlanet community", it could say "something" then your username.

It would add a bit of exclusivity. :sly:
 
A bit of exclusivity, and a lot of cost! :p

The books are printed in bulk, so that's not possible, unfortunately.
 
A bit of exclusivity, and a lot of cost! :p

The books are printed in bulk, so that's not possible, unfortunately.

Oh yeah, I forgot that bit of common-sense. :scared:

Sorry. :(
 
A bit of exclusivity, and a lot of cost! :p

The books are printed in bulk, so that's not possible, unfortunately.

What about a personal autograph? And wrighted with what Xamado said? ^^
 
What about a personal autograph? And wrighted with what Xamado said? ^^

Can you imagine how long it would take to sign every book(?) :lol:

We'll be playing GT8 by then. :sly:
 
Can you imagine how long it would take to sign every book(?) :lol:

We'll be playing GT8 by then. :sly:

I don`t know how the sales go, if not a lot were sold it would be good to do :)
 
We're about to significantly reduce shipping costs to Europe, though, so it will be easier for everyone interested to own a copy.

Dang. I ordered mine this morning.

Never mind.

pdf looks good though 👍
 
Check your email, Roo. 👍

What about a personal autograph? And wrighted with what Xamado said? ^^

Yes, we're happy to do that, and have autographed several copies. I can sign copies shipped within the U.S. at no charge, and Famine (Andrew) can sign copies shipped everywhere else at no charge. If you want both of us to sign it, there will be an additional shipping cost, of course.

Just send an email to store:@:gtplanet.net with your order number and we'll make the necessary arrangements.
 
Is this book all about certain cars with explanation how to tune it and how it performs? I would buy it if becomes available in NZ but I really dont want to pay online so do you have any other wa?
 
I don`t know how the sales go, if not a lot were sold it would be good to do :)

You're right. :)

But if even a quarter of everyone on GTPlanet bought a copy, then that in itself would make a bulk production worthwhile. :sly:

-----
Is this book all about certain cars with explanation how to tune it and how it performs? I would buy it if becomes available in NZ but I really dont want to pay online so do you have any other wa?

It's essentially an encyclopedia with a list of all the cars, tracks and races in every GranTurismo game.
With a bit of trivia at the end. :)

-----

Jordan, how much would it cost to get the book shipped, signed and sent? :D
 
Is this book all about certain cars with explanation how to tune it and how it performs? I would buy it if becomes available in NZ but I really dont want to pay online so do you have any other wa?
It's not a tuning and setup guide, more of an encyclopedia about the Gran Turismo series (hence the name).

You can learn more and download the sample chapter here. It is available in New Zealand.

Jordan, how much would it cost to get the book shipped, signed and sent?
If you'd just like for Andrew to sign it, there wouldn't be any charge. If you'd like both of us to sign it, it would be an additional £15.95 for me to sign a copy and ship it over to Andrew, then up to you in Scotland.
 
If you'd just like for Andrew to sign it, there wouldn't be any charge. If you'd like both of us to sign it, it would be an additional £15.95 for me to sign a copy and ship it over to Andrew, then up to you in Scotland.

I don't think I could pay another £15. :O.

And when Famdrew signs it could he add in the 'exclusivity' part as well? :sly:
 
Of course. :)
 
I finally I got a good idea in GTplanet! At least part of it xD
 
I never have received an item from overseas and I don't intend to just too dangerous. I will check the sample out and good luck on your sales
 
Of course. :)

Ok then, thank you Jordan. :sly:

I look forward to having the "Beloved member of GTPlanet" special edition. :lol::sly::D

-------

Jordan, why do you browse the forum in 'ghost' mode? :p
 
Last edited:
No, not yet. It'll be coming next week, though. There will be an announcement on the News blog and instructions on how to download it will be posted on https://www.gtplanet.net/gtpedia/.
Thanks Jordan! Sorry I took so long to reply. Enjoying the book on my phone when I get a free minute. Look forward to the update!
 
I never have received an item from overseas and I don't intend to just too dangerous. I will check the sample out and good luck on your sales

Dangerous how?
 
SimonK
Dangerous how?

Item getting lost, getting damaged and we also have that parcel post thing here where they check your items and if it gets checked opened and stuff you get fined for like around $100 I saw it on tv it was ridiculous.

If it does get lost or damaged, there will be a whole heap of discussion so it's best that I don't buy it because there's too much risk.
 
Unfortunately, no, it is unlikely to ever appear in bookstores. We're about to significantly reduce shipping costs to Europe, though, so it will be easier for everyone interested to own a copy.

This might make it more affordable for me - I would like a physical copy and at the moment the shipping costs are way too high for me.
 
Item getting lost, getting damaged and we also have that parcel post thing here where they check your items and if it gets checked opened and stuff you get fined for like around $100 I saw it on tv it was ridiculous.

If it does get lost or damaged, there will be a whole heap of discussion so it's best that I don't buy it because there's too much risk.

Where is 'here'? I've never heard of being fined on a purchase, what for? Import tax yes, but that's different. As for loss or damage you risk that ordering within your own country and most sellers have protection should it happen.
 
SimonK
Where is 'here'? I've never heard of being fined on a purchase, what for? Import tax yes, but that's different. As for loss or damage you risk that ordering within your own country and most sellers have protection should it happen.

New Zealand.

Ill search the vid and I'll give you the link tomorrow.

Yeah within my country is fine but overseas isn't. Like I said before I have never paid to a person account outside my country and never have recieved items overseas and I don't want to start now because I don't trust online stuff as much as you do. The creators of GTPedia has my respect as it took em years of searching and searching for facts. Hats down.
 
Strange, I know a record collector in NZ that buys stuff worldwide and he has never told me about any problems like that.

Fair enough if that is your stance but why not give it a try with the book, I'm sure Jordan would refund you if it got lost or damaged.
 
Back