Gran Turismo Sport Comes to GTPEDIA

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 4, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

dlshearon, Landy1264, Pigems and 8 others like this.
  2. MaxAttack

MaxAttack

Pretty insane effort. Well done guys; above and beyond the call of duty.

dlshearon, Pigems, GlamFM and 6 others like this.
  3. Cytoria

Cytoria Premium

I’ll use this occasion to thank the whole GTPlanet team for all what they do.

On the forums, the guide, the events, visible or not, it’s a massive amount of work!

Especially @Famine : with Kyle now in his new life, I think we can’t thank you enough for all you’re doing to keep the front page articles coming as such a rate!

:bowdown:

:gtpflag:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    dlshearon, p78, Pigems and 15 others like this.
  4. Mike-ZENKAI

Mike-ZENKAI Premium

Well done.

As Cytoria says thanks to whole GTP team on incredible amount of work on this guide and of course the whole site.

:bowdown: :tup:

The Cake, Marius789 and Jordan like this.
  5. Marius789

Marius789 Premium

Whoooooo!!!

Good job at making this THE BEST place for GT. No other site compares to this.

ZRO, Pigems, Nismonath5 and 2 others like this.
  6. GTV0819

GTV0819

Until now, I still dream buying one of these.

Nismonath5 and Jordan like this.
  7. Eggstor

Eggstor Premium

My racing helmet's off to the whole team. I can't believe it's been over 7 years since the first version came out, but with the free update to the GTP store version (from my original 2012 purchase), I'm once again up to date.

Jordan likes this.
  8. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

@Famine is there a reason why the update doesn't get integrated into the main pdf file? I just got the newest one and there are 2 files: V1.0+V1.5 tacked on the end and a separate file for V1.07. I still have the original pdf from 2012 (376 pages) so I just kept that and the V1.07 file. I think that covers all the new content without doubling up unnecessarily.

9. Famine

Famine Administrator

You'll want @Jordan for that one. I just do the writing and numbers, he does the complicated bits.

10. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

Updates are published separately for two reasons.

First is copyright. A copy of the original, physical book is in the U.S. Library of Congress and is a registered copyright work which gives it maximum protection under the law. Changing the registered material is complicated and could undermine or nullify that protection. Publishing the updates as derivative works makes it easier to legally protect both the original and new material. Significant changes can also complicate ISBN registration.

Second is formatting. Any additions to the original chapters will shift the entire text, messing up tens or even hundreds of tables and page breaks, requiring hours of painstaking work to fix. That also changes page numbers, which means the table of contents has to be rebuilt and re-linked. Working with a very large document like GTPEDIA makes things complicated and slows down the software. The original book is 376 pages and the latest update is 174. That would be over 541 pages of complex tables and formatting, which would be untenable.

At first I was a little confused by what you meant, but now I see update 1.05 was tacked on to the end of the original book file. It wasn't supposed to be like that. The table of contents links were also not working in that combined PDF, so I would encourage everyone to re-download the original now.

mistamontiel and Granadier like this.
  11. mistamontiel

mistamontiel

Hum don't know about software slowing down I just view in SumatraPDF ^.^ Uber light n robust

Especially that Adobe are long phased out I'm so glad I stumbled onto Sumatra and GTP!