GTPFIA Touring Car World Cup Round 1 4/4/12

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jav
  • 591 comments
  • 29,047 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
joetruckv8
You just sold me, I'm picking 1 up next month and then ill grab my rig the following.
I see that stat 200* vs 900*, I don't know what that means?, but I trust that is what the problem is.

It's the degree rotation on the wheel...
 
A wheel is the only way to go if you are competitively racing! I personally could not race with a DS3 and be anywhere as fast constantly.
 
A wheel is well worth it for the fun factor. If you put a decent amount of time into sim racing, get a wheel. The Driving force GT is a good wheel and only $99 at Amazon.com
 
I have a trustmaster entry level wheel here but it sucks bad, there is a crazy amount of slip-angle difference. This wheel has me second guessing going the wheel route, I hope its just that this wheel sucks, and the G27 is way more accurate, but I won't know until I fork out the cash.

What do you guys with the wheels think? Is it my cheap wheel that's the problem, or do all you guys with wheels have a big to minor slip-angle difference that you compensate for?
LogitechDrivingForcePro user here . My 1st since GT4.Haven't experienced other wheels.Between GT4 & GT5 ; I put in over 100,000 game miles.Still going strong.I've even used it on older PS2 games like GT3 & R:Racing Evolution were it turns my wheel from a 900 degree turner to a 200 dgree.(it adjust itself to older games)
Force Feedback it has is adjustable,may solve slip u explained.(Not sure what u ment though about slipage).
 
Last edited:
200 vs 900 degrees feelings.
200 is like my real car.Once my wheel hits 200 or so degrees it hits a wall u just cant turn it anymore.Front wheels turn is maxed.
In racing it can be annoying early on but u adjust quickly,even anticipate it.Hitting 200deg means understeer is coming.It's a good indicator.
900degrees just make hitting 200deg more comfortable.No abrupt stoppage in turn.But your still understeering at 200deg. at high speeds of course. ( From my experience )
 
Last edited:
@ All
Amazing feedback fellas, you guys are all the bomb! 👍
 
Hey Jav, since nothing is going on with the FIA series, would you consider moving this series to Sunday?? Apparently I'm still gonna be working Wednesday nights :(
I mean of course if its good with everyone else :)
 
smokedogg
Hey Jav, since nothing is going on with the FIA series, would you consider moving this series to Sunday?? Apparently I'm still gonna be working Wednesday nights :(
I mean of course if its good with everyone else :)

Not good for me. Run FMSC on Sundays at 10pm EST. We got a couple races left then a big final round.

Maybe run two Div. take top 6 Wednesday and top 6 Sunday drivers and battle out in a final race. :) allow bottom of field to race for 2 spots in final race too. Just thinking out loud.
 
GTPFIARd2Unofficial.jpg


Here are the standings best that I could get right now. Let me know if there are any mistakes.
 
Looks good so far. I wish i hadn't missed those 2 races' 👍
 
Wow i got fast lap? Well i guess since Owens was way out front and not pushing.. Lol

How does pole points work, if you get pole you get 2 bonus points? Or last place for the first race gets an extra point?
 
Last edited:
Wow i got fast lap? Well i guess since Owens was way out front and not pushing.. Lol

How does pole points work, if you get pole you get 2 bonus points? Or last place for the first race gets an extra point?

If I'm reading into it correctly, I think you only get 1 point for pole, and it only counts for the first race, since the second race has inverted grid.
 
If I'm reading into it correctly, I think you only get 1 point for pole, and it only counts for the first race, since the second race has inverted grid.

That is correct. At least, that's what I did.
 
Thank you for making the leaderboard Veloci! I still didn't have the results from Nurb!
Also from tonight on the Evos are getting a 10hp cut.
I might not make it for the race guys so please go if anyone could take care of hosting the race and making sure to record the finishing orders. Thank you guys!
 
I'll be on early this evening, so if people want practice we can get it on.
 
Jav
Thank you for making the leaderboard Veloci! I still didn't have the results from Nurb!
Also from tonight on the Evos are getting a 10hp cut.
I might not make it for the race guys so please go if anyone could take care of hosting the race and making sure to record the finishing orders. Thank you guys!


Honestly the Scooby Ronin and Tissimo were driving was not being out run by the Evo. So why single it out.

This is now two series I get my car jacked of power. Maybe inlucky but it sure does stink Funny the other Evo wasn't dominating. Nurb GP tracks are some of my better tracks and that and my tune made my car work. The track allowed me to really drive hard and get out of turns better. It was one of a few track AWD has its advantage.

My times at Monza with 325 HP were not even competitive. I gained almost a second with the 10 HP. No other changes. as well at 335 HP it was a race with Veloci and I. He was lil quicker here and there and I had some spots. Draft equalized it nicely though.

Edit:

I'm not sure what to think right now.


Edit 2:

Ever consider just dropping AWD's or only AWD's? The problem lies in the ability to rip out of turns and if you can tune it. They will rotate and get through turns.
 
Last edited:
Who's going to take care of things tonight?
 
I'm heading home from work now, hopefully you guys stall the race up to about 5:30pm pst when I make it home
 
i could really use that 10hp that Owens just lost. this S2000 is not competitive 1+ sec per lap disadvantage
 
My tune for the IS-F is lacking, but it's a good aero car. Hopefully this race will be good for me. I'm going to get online. If no one has a room up, I'll start one.
 
If need be, I'll host the race. We'll be in the lounge so anyone can really do it. i'm not a steward, but if no stewards are there or willing to do it, I'll take the reigns. Join the GTPFIA lounge when you guys want. It would be nice ifqualy kicked off at 5PDT as scheduled
 
Gave the Evo go and got the results I figured. It is now one of the slowest cars. Where it was at Monza with 325 HP.

Came down hill to Taolung sitting sideways. No place to go I collected him and totally destroyed my car. Surely his too. From looks of things just added to his. Then Lucky collected us or him. At this point I don't recall much. Drive it to the pits as it slides of the road twice. My next lap I was thinking how slow my car is now and the fact I'm dead last. So I miss a brake point damage car again. Had enough crap piled in my plate for one evening. I left the race.
 
The 2nd race was weird. Everyone started but the grid wasn't even right. The damn race started and my screen was black, then I get the race going and it says 2... 1... while I try to get going I get a false start penalty. Then at the back of the field Sin was lagging and I ended up tagging him from behind in a braking zone. I'm not sure what was going on, but there was a couple of cars that were jumpy, kinda hard to avoid them when racing is so close.
 
Can we have a vote for launching the room at 5:30 PST at the earliest till 6:00pm PST at the latest?
I noticed there are still people still powering up all the way pass 6pm, and I believe this will give people more of a chance to make more of the races'
 
GTPFIARd3Unofficial.png


Pretty tight points race for the championship!
 
Gave the Evo go and got the results I figured. It is now one of the slowest cars. Where it was at Monza with 325 HP.

Came down hill to Taolung sitting sideways. No place to go I collected him and totally destroyed my car. Surely his too. From looks of things just added to his. Then Lucky collected us or him. At this point I don't recall much. Drive it to the pits as it slides of the road twice. My next lap I was thinking how slow my car is now and the fact I'm dead last. So I miss a brake point damage car again. Had enough crap piled in my plate for one evening. I left the race.
Want 2 say thanx 4 restart guys.
On both attempts to start 1st race The countdown stoped at 17 sec. This glich means I cant pit,cant communicate,pause & have to exit by turning off system.I was driving with count down at 17sec. on second attempt.Figured just keep going since tire ware wasn't a factor.Ran with bad set up too
 
Last edited:
For those who R hosting, can we make sure we reset the room if possible(Dont know if it was). I Cleared cache & everthin prior to race, helped in the past but now its ify. 2nd race ,Like freshseth, I had black screen then suddenly, 2, 1 count down. Reset may help me avoid glich & surprise starts. Thank you. (By the way thanx 4 hosting Voloci)
 
Last edited:
4 those who couldn't avoid me after i lost control in turn.Sorry.
I should hav bugged out of race with glich & wrong setup. There is no way 2 let U know if im having problems unless i turn off my system.If a similar senerio with glich accurse after restart I'll bug out & wait 4 2nd race.
What a mess :(
 
Last edited:
This series not going in right direction, car rules aren't nothing good, 2nd race of GV with guys starting in front of the grid, but don't run in the first race!!!

if is continue like that i'm out of the champ, i'm not losing more hours with something is not fair for all!!
 
This series not going in right direction, car rules aren't nothing good, 2nd race of GV with guys starting in front of the grid, but don't run in the first race!!!

if is continue like that i'm out of the champ, i'm not losing more hours with something is not fair for all!!

I hav to say Pipi that this season is a challenge.But so far FF,4WD & FR's hav all seen podium finishes depending on track.The lessons in tunning, consistency ,limitations & strength awareness will carry over when we race faster cars in GT1or2.The more familiar racers we have the better race quality overall.
Concider this season a practice one to learn from.Win,lose or crash. WE NEED YOU! (tears in my eyes, lump in my throat )
But if U want to spend time with family/friend then i don't blame u.This series and us are expendable & hope we'll see u in next season.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back