GTPlanet Awards 2017: The Winners!

Discussion in 'The Rumble Strip' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 3, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. adam thompson

adam thompson

Congratulations to everyone :)

GTR365, Pete05, sgohsixthree and 5 others like this.
  3. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder

Congratulations to all the winners and all who were nominated. This clip is dedicated to award winner @JockeP22 hope you like it!

4. Conformation

Conformation Premium

Congratulations to all the winners and nominees.

I hope @GTPNewsWire doesn't get too smashed after the ceremony and end up on the cover of the News Of The World falling into a Limo.

:cheers:

5. TheNuvolari

TheNuvolari

Me right now:
    [​IMG]

First of all, I want to say: Thank you! :cheers: Congratulations to the other winners!

My friend asked me in the school that where's the anime thread on GTP. I showed him where it is, but before, I saw that GTP announced the GTP awards. I quickly took a look, and when I saw my username I couldn't believe it: "No, that's impossible" - I said. I was so excited to see if it's 100% true. When I got home I had to look at it again. It was really me. I had tears in my eyes when I saw this, it's very nice for me to see:
    Back in early 2016, when I read on this forum I said to myself: "One day, I will be posting on GTP too. And I will celebrate with the other users when we get news about the upcoming GT game."

I never thought that I'll hang on GTP for hours, it's just so good to sit down and browse this site after a long day. When I want to forget my problems, I visit this website. When I want to laugh, I just check the Funny Picture thread. When I want to check the news about GT, I visit this website, not the official GT site, it's so much better to read them here. And it's so good to see that everything is in control here. No bad language, No unreadable text speak, no NSFW.

To be honest, I don't have any bad memories about GTP - only good ones. On every other website, I get "rekt" because I'm just 15, they say go play NFS, go home you little kiddow, you know nothing about racing games, you don't know anything about simulator physics, your argument is invalid. Here, I can say my opinion whithout someone attacking me.

Once again, thank you :gtplanet:, especially thank you @Lord Kacperov, for the votes, and the early congratulations. You are my best internet friend! :cheers:

If I'll be able to, I will stay on this website forever! :gtpflag:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    GTR365, Imari, super_gt and 13 others like this.
  6. Famine

Famine Administrator

Actually, I should tag the winners:

Most Helpful -
    @Jordan
    Friendliest - @TB
    Funniest - @GTPNewsWire
    Nuttiest - @everyonewhovotedforGTPNewsWireinanycategory @JockeP22
    Most Knowledgeable - @Famine (please stop it now)
    Most Opinionated - @Danoff
    Quote of the Year:

Thread of the Year - Remembering GTPlanet Member Steve Travis, a.k.a. “FoolKiller”.
    New Member of the Year - @TheNuvolari
    Member of the Year - @FoolKiller

7. Corsa

Corsa Premium

Congrats!

Now, we need to add some reward categories.
    We are a sim Racing community, so I propose the following to make the awards more interactive.

A time trial thread dedicated to the awards could be created now and user submits accepted throughout the year ending 12/31/18.

GTP Fastest racer
    GTP Most improved driver
    GTP Best drifter
    GTP Best Livery created
    GTP Best Scapes photo

....and so on...

I'd even be willing to contribute some custom (plastic) trophies if there's any interest in this.

Sick Cylinder likes this.
  8. Doomotron

Doomotron

I should have won the Doomotron award...

Conformation and Sick Cylinder like this.
  9. Carbon_6

Carbon_6

Well done to all the winners. :cheers:

10. TB

TB Moderator

I lost funniest to @GTPNewsWire by one vote...

But thanks for the friendliest, I guess. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I do appreciate even being nominated with my fellow contestants so thank you to whoever voted for me. :)

Now. Where's my pie?

11. Conformation

Conformation Premium

Doomotron presents the Doomotron awards presented by Doomotron.

Doomotron likes this.
  12. Joey D

Joey D Contributing Writer

@GTPNewsWire is a drunkard and can hold his digital suds just fine...unless of course we give him Tequila, then his avatar comes off.

13. Conformation

Conformation Premium

I bet he's a hit with the ladies too.

Lord Kacperov and Doomotron like this.
  14. GTRacer22

GTRacer22 Premium

I can’t even begin to imagine how frustrating losing to a bot must be.

Congrats to the winners!

15. Danoff

Danoff Premium

Hey thanks to everyone that voted for me.

I think this is 5 times for most opinionated. That's a lot of opinions. It takes a lot of hard work and training to be opinionated on a championship level like this. I go through each day thinking... how can I be more opinionated. And in the end you don't win the award unless you keep finding ways. It's a team effort though, I can't come out and be opinionated at this level without being regularly provoked by a team of super opinionated members, so I have to thank them for their support and encouragement.

Lastly I'd like to thank my wife, who sometimes has to listen to me rant about something I argued about on GTPlanet while she's trapped in the shower. Thanks honey, I couldn't have done it without you.

16. photonrider

photonrider Premium

Good idea - if only to move it away from being mostly Off-topic focused and bringing the GTP Awards to bear on the gaming, too. The logistics, however, behind organizing it at that level, even annually, in comparison to just throwing it up for votes in The Rumble Strip, could be mind-boggling. If not actually hysterical.
    Still . . . would be quite something, if managed, and would provide more exposure to those members that wouldn't have had a clue if not for our funniest member.:)

Here ya go, guv!
    [​IMG]

Congrats to all the others, too, posthumously to FK - whose voice will never die as long was we can read him here - for making the kind of impact that not only gets you noticed, but giving of the kind of uniqueness that stands out significantly enough to colour these forums and make it a site that, itself, is unique amongst modern internet gaming-sites.

:cheers:
    H

Pete05, Corsa and TB like this.
  17. Furinkazen

Furinkazen Premium

I'm sorry, a BOT won two awards? That is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this site, and I've read some stuff in my 7+ years here.

18. TJ13

TJ13 Premium

When @GTPNewsWire wins more than some people do at the Emmy's you know it's rigged. :lol:

19. Famine

Famine Administrator

I have no control over what people nominate or vote for. Newsie won the quote by a 12 vote (from 94) margin from any other (@Northstar's 4WD comment) and the funniest member by a single vote (from 84) from @TB.

Yes, we have some very strange members.

20. Joey D

Joey D Contributing Writer

Well, that comment just made @GTPNewsWire cry. Way to go.

21. Northstar

Northstar Premium

Of course it’s rigged, I even said so on Saturday. But does anybody listen to me? Nooo. :rolleyes:

Having NewsWire win these awards is very crucial to our plans for world domination, it simply had to be done. Now we just need autonomous vehicles to become the norm.

Lord Kacperov and Doomotron like this.
  22. W3HS

W3HS Premium

Congrats, winners. :tup:

23. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Congratulations to @TB on winning the GTP Friendliest Member Award & thanks to all those that voted for me.

super_gt and TB like this.
  24. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Since I don't recognize bloody machines as people, in my eyes @TB won two awards. Good on ya

TB and Pete05 like this.
  25. GT Sport

GT Sport

I'm so happy to be a member of this amazing community.:bowdown::gtpflag:
    Seriously, I've never found a better internet community. Every member is amazing with a great sense of humor. Every memeber is unique with their great personality.

You know, when you are bored and it's raining outside, you can't do much.
    But, there's nothing better than staying in, playing GTS and reading the forums and comments at :gtplanet:

Congratulations to all the winners, especially to the youngest member! @TheNuvolari :cheers:

TheNuvolari and Pete05 like this.
  26. Famine

Famine Administrator

That's a bit inorganicist of you. After all, what are people if not merely biological machines? We're just proteins that use electricity to move slightly bendy rocks.

miata13B, Imari and Doomotron like this.
  27. John Wells

John Wells

Well done everyone.

28. GT Sport

GT Sport

Wow!?
    I call this talent.

29. JockeP22

JockeP22 Premium

I have been away for 12 days and upon logging back on I noticed a tag in this thread, so I guess I will have to pull a Bob Dylan and recognize that I've won an award (two weeks after the fact). He picked up his award and money six months after the announcement, so I'll be sure to collect mine from GTPNewsWire in five and a half.

Shaun, Conformation, TB and 2 others like this.
  30. TB

TB Moderator

I already picked up your doughnut.

It was delicious.

JockeP22 and Conformation like this.