GTPlanet Awards 2017: The Winners!

Me right now:
1*Qk_M8taJ62y0w-goLZJRLA.gif

First of all, I want to say: Thank you! :cheers: Congratulations to the other winners!

My friend asked me in the school that where's the anime thread on GTP. I showed him where it is, but before, I saw that GTP announced the GTP awards. I quickly took a look, and when I saw my username I couldn't believe it: "No, that's impossible" - I said. I was so excited to see if it's 100% true. When I got home I had to look at it again. It was really me. I had tears in my eyes when I saw this, it's very nice for me to see:
The fact that this year’s winner is so young — just 15 years old — and from Hungary is impressive, but he’s been able to get into the swing of GTPlanet quickly since he joined in July.

Back in early 2016, when I read on this forum I said to myself: "One day, I will be posting on GTP too. And I will celebrate with the other users when we get news about the upcoming GT game."

I never thought that I'll hang on GTP for hours, it's just so good to sit down and browse this site after a long day. When I want to forget my problems, I visit this website. When I want to laugh, I just check the Funny Picture thread. When I want to check the news about GT, I visit this website, not the official GT site, it's so much better to read them here. And it's so good to see that everything is in control here. No bad language, No unreadable text speak, no NSFW.

To be honest, I don't have any bad memories about GTP - only good ones. On every other website, I get "rekt" because I'm just 15, they say go play NFS, go home you little kiddow, you know nothing about racing games, you don't know anything about simulator physics, your argument is invalid. Here, I can say my opinion whithout someone attacking me.

Once again, thank you :gtplanet:, especially thank you @Lord Kacperov, for the votes, and the early congratulations. You are my best internet friend! :cheers:

If I'll be able to, I will stay on this website forever! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Actually, I should tag the winners:

Most Helpful -
@Jordan
Friendliest - @TB
Funniest - @GTPNewsWire
Nuttiest - @everyonewhovotedforGTPNewsWireinanycategory @JockeP22
Most Knowledgeable - @Famine (please stop it now)
Most Opinionated - @Danoff
Quote of the Year:

As a general rule, tagging someone from the writing team will get a faster response. Ol' Newsie's a bot, you see.
Am not.
Thread of the Year - Remembering GTPlanet Member Steve Travis, a.k.a. “FoolKiller”.
New Member of the Year - @TheNuvolari
Member of the Year - @FoolKiller

Congrats!

Now, we need to add some reward categories.
We are a sim Racing community, so I propose the following to make the awards more interactive.

A time trial thread dedicated to the awards could be created now and user submits accepted throughout the year ending 12/31/18.

GTP Fastest racer
GTP Most improved driver
GTP Best drifter
GTP Best Livery created
GTP Best Scapes photo

....and so on...

I'd even be willing to contribute some custom (plastic) trophies if there's any interest in this.

I can’t even begin to imagine how frustrating losing to a bot must be.

Congrats to the winners!

Hey thanks to everyone that voted for me.

I think this is 5 times for most opinionated. That's a lot of opinions. It takes a lot of hard work and training to be opinionated on a championship level like this. I go through each day thinking... how can I be more opinionated. And in the end you don't win the award unless you keep finding ways. It's a team effort though, I can't come out and be opinionated at this level without being regularly provoked by a team of super opinionated members, so I have to thank them for their support and encouragement.

Lastly I'd like to thank my wife, who sometimes has to listen to me rant about something I argued about on GTPlanet while she's trapped in the shower. Thanks honey, I couldn't have done it without you.

Congrats!

Now, we need to add some reward categories.
We are a sim Racing community, so I propose the following to make the awards more interactive.

A time trial thread dedicated to the awards could be created now and user submits accepted throughout the year ending 12/31/18.

GTP Fastest racer
GTP Most improved driver
GTP Best drifter
GTP Best Livery created
GTP Best Scapes photo

....and so on...

I'd even be willing to contribute some custom (plastic) trophies if there's any interest in this.

Good idea - if only to move it away from being mostly Off-topic focused and bringing the GTP Awards to bear on the gaming, too. The logistics, however, behind organizing it at that level, even annually, in comparison to just throwing it up for votes in The Rumble Strip, could be mind-boggling. If not actually hysterical.
Still . . . would be quite something, if managed, and would provide more exposure to those members that wouldn't have had a clue if not for our funniest member.:)

TB
I lost funniest to @GTPNewsWire by one vote...

But thanks for the friendliest, I guess. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I do appreciate even being nominated with my fellow contestants so thank you to whoever voted for me. :)

Now. Where's my pie?

Here ya go, guv!
2015-Pie-321-Bourbon-Maple-Pecan-Scott-Smith_zps5xpe6w5z.jpg

Congrats to all the others, too, posthumously to FK - whose voice will never die as long was we can read him here - for making the kind of impact that not only gets you noticed, but giving of the kind of uniqueness that stands out significantly enough to colour these forums and make it a site that, itself, is unique amongst modern internet gaming-sites.

:cheers:
H

I'm sorry, a BOT won two awards? That is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this site, and I've read some stuff in my 7+ years here.

I'm sorry, a BOT won two awards? That is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this site, and I've read some stuff in my 7+ years here.
When @GTPNewsWire wins more than some people do at the Emmy's you know it's rigged. :lol:
I have no control over what people nominate or vote for. Newsie won the quote by a 12 vote (from 94) margin from any other (@Northstar's 4WD comment) and the funniest member by a single vote (from 84) from @TB.

Yes, we have some very strange members.

When @GTPNewsWire wins more than some people do at the Emmy's you know it's rigged. :lol:

Of course it’s rigged, I even said so on Saturday. But does anybody listen to me? Nooo. :rolleyes:

Having NewsWire win these awards is very crucial to our plans for world domination, it simply had to be done. Now we just need autonomous vehicles to become the norm.

I'm so happy to be a member of this amazing community.:bowdown::gtpflag:
Seriously, I've never found a better internet community. Every member is amazing with a great sense of humor. Every memeber is unique with their great personality.

You know, when you are bored and it's raining outside, you can't do much.
But, there's nothing better than staying in, playing GTS and reading the forums and comments at :gtplanet:

Congratulations to all the winners, especially to the youngest member! @TheNuvolari :cheers:

I have been away for 12 days and upon logging back on I noticed a tag in this thread, so I guess I will have to pull a Bob Dylan and recognize that I've won an award (two weeks after the fact). He picked up his award and money six months after the announcement, so I'll be sure to collect mine from GTPNewsWire in five and a half.
I already picked up your doughnut.

It was delicious.

Back