GTPlanet Rally?

• Thread starter SmittMan
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
Near Snetterton
theirishman1234
Anyone interested in doing a dirt 3 event from people off of GTPlanet, I don't want to host it but I can host if needed, I feel this is more of a discussion than an event thread.

Right, This thread is for the dirt 3 championship based on GTPlanet unlike the other which is based on another website.... I was thinking of doing a mix of disciplines unless anyone differs.

Can we not triple post consecutively, please...?

There are plenty of people interested, just unsure how to get it organized on GTP. Since you want it but don't want to be the host, this can be an event discussion thread.

However there's already one that was here way before this thread and the other one. But since this is already here, I'm just going to regurgitate a bit:
We can do a Time-Trial form of a competition, where it is open to anyone. A track is selected, and if possible a vehicle class is also designated (either form Single Player or Dirt Tour). You have a set amount of days (like maybe 1 week, 2weeks, or a month) to submit a record. Include the car you picked, the time you set. The plus side to this is that you got no lag to blame, you don't have to add other people and meet up all the time.

Or we can do races in large groups... or go with a double elimination bracket...

One problem that will definitely arise is the possible chance PC players do outside mods and hacks to gain an unfair advantage (i.e. increasing vehicle's acceleration, top speed, grip, etc), so maybe the competition can still be held, but categorized so that only ps3 players face each other, and PC players face each other...

Always remember to have proof ready should you be asked.

Last edited:
AOS-
Can we not triple post consecutively, please...?

There are plenty of people interested, just unsure how to get it organized on GTP. Since you want it but don't want to be the host, this can be an event discussion thread.

However there's already one that was here way before this thread and the other one. But since this is already here, I'm just going to regurgitate a bit:

Could you give me a link to that thread.

Back