GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,735 comments
Something I'd like but too bad, it's very rare...

2002-lincoln-cartier-black-18-scale_1_09d282d6b70f2489abee4190d3a3bd58.jpg

Something exotoing showed up in the mail today:
IMG_20191010_175716__01.jpg
IMG_20191010_175838__01.jpg
IMG_20191010_180218.jpg
IMG_20191010_180137__01.jpg

Sadly the front shell doesn't come off on it, but it is great nonetheless.
If I remember correctly someone on here had the C9 by Exoto, which would be amazing to have too, but I couldn't justify paying 3 times as much.
Also I don't think I've shared this one yet:
IMG_20191010_181441__01.jpg
IMG_20191010_181758.jpg

I had the AEG! Paid 470CAD for that. Last I heard, that XJR9 cost the most of all XJR9s available. How much did you find yours for?
I was looking at some eBay offers for around 450-600€ (which were mostly missing pieces or banged up) and so I looked it up on the official Exoto site.

All in all (shipping and customs fee) it was ca. 500€.

Hopefully TSM will release the XJR-9 they teased like 2 years ago lol. I really want an XJR-9 LM winner, but holy balls they are expensive, at least a lot more than what I want to pay. Anyway a trio of new cars, all from the big brands of Minichamps, AUTOart, and Kyosho and all nice hefty diecast lol:

*EDIT*
Took some pics of some of my collection again:

Last edited:
My silver Spark 991 GT2 RS was damaged somehow in shipping and ebay buyer returned it to me so I took the gold wheels and swapped them out with my blue Spark GT2 RS's black wheels. Both cars look way better this way. I wanted to also swap the red interior of the silver car but the way the cars are assembled it would be too high a damage risk.

48936918256_9e81aaefa0_b.jpg

My silver Spark 991 GT2 RS was damaged somehow in shipping and ebay buyer returned it to me so I took the gold wheels and swapped them out with my blue Spark GT2 RS's black wheels. Both cars look way better this way. I wanted to also swap the red interior of the silver car but the way the cars are assembled it would be too high a damage risk.

48936918256_9e81aaefa0_b.jpg

It's a mystery how I had sold 2 models to the same buyer on two separate occasions, how the screws undid themselves in transit. Granted I didn't torque the screw until it was fully tight, I can't fathom how bumpy a ride has to be to shake a screw loose.

Are you planning to keep it now?

It's a mystery how I had sold 2 models to the same buyer on two separate occasions, how the screws undid themselves in transit. Granted I didn't torque the screw until it was fully tight, I can't fathom how bumpy a ride has to be to shake a screw loose.

Are you planning to keep it now?
Yeah, it’s suspicious to me that the car had damage and the buyer claimed to not have opened the box at all. I examine the cars thoroughly before listing on ebay, but sadly I have no good evidence the damage didn’t exist prior to shipping. Not to mention the return box was not exactly packed well and the model box was damaged too, the corners banged up.

I have never had an issue selling before this, though. I do plan to keep it. The damage is minimal, there is a ding in the rear wing and the passenger side window is popping out a bit so I can live with it.

Side note, ripping apart a “high value” resin model is not something I suggest. Not at the risk of damaging it, but at the risk of seeing exactly where your money went! Up close, the interior is not so great on these Sparks.

Yeah, it’s suspicious to me that the car had damage and the buyer claimed to not have opened the box at all. I examine the cars thoroughly before listing on ebay, but sadly I have no good evidence the damage didn’t exist prior to shipping. Not to mention the return box was not exactly packed well and the model box was damaged too, the corners banged up.

I have never had an issue selling before this, though. I do plan to keep it. The damage is minimal, there is a ding in the rear wing and the passenger side window is popping out a bit so I can live with it.

Side note, ripping apart a “high value” resin model is not something I suggest. Not at the risk of damaging it, but at the risk of seeing exactly where your money went! Up close, the interior is not so great on these Sparks.

Yeah there isn't much going on underneath Resins. It's all about that exterior presentation you're paying for. That experiment helped me get over Ignition models.

Thankfully I was selling through a forum to a well-known member so he wasn't asking for any refunds. It's just baffling how we order hings with no damage, but when we ship, it breaks. Sometimes I feel weather conditions impact the condition too. I bought a model that had cracked decals, and I suspect it was due to the December cold.

Last edited:
Thankfully I was selling through a forum to a well-known member so he was asking for any refunds. It's just baffling how we order hings with no damage, but when we ship, it breaks. Sometimes I feel weather conditions impact the condition too. I bought a model that had cracked decals, and I suspect it was due to the December cold.
I don't think I've had any issues with items being damaged in transit...

Ignition has some 22Bs, but I think the headlights are off:

1639_x700.jpg

1998-Subaru-Impreza-STI-22B-e1462471539570.jpg

It's like the headlamps are too small overall. The far ends taper downward too much, and overall the subtle furrowed look is exaggerated.

But what if you attach the 4 giant lamps?

1637_x700.jpg

Last edited:
Ignition has some 22Bs, but I think the headlights are off:

1639_x700.jpg

1998-Subaru-Impreza-STI-22B-e1462471539570.jpg

It's like the headlamps are too small overall. The far ends taper downward too much, and overall the subtle furrowed look is exaggerated.

But what if you attach the 4 giant lamps?

1637_x700.jpg

Headlights seem ok, if not a little long. It's the corner lights which are too small. They don't protrude enough of the guard's corner.

After a conversation sparked with a dude I sold 280 of my Hot Wheels to, he ended up walking out of house with the following:

HPI Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Z-Tune
Ignition Nissan Skyline R34 VSpec2 Shizuoka Hobby Show
Ignition Toyota Supra white (w/ silver BBS LM)
Ignition Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R (white with black TE37s, wheelswapped)

And in exchange we settled on 850 CAD....I'm thinking I should've asked 900 at the very least.

Finally decided to get one of these old Autoarts:

No box, but was in perfect condition for a decent price.
Nice one, these old Autoarts aren’t perfect, but still miles better than many of the models out today. I have this model too and it’s one of my favorites.

MSZ
Miku Miku

I like how the livery uses two different facial expressions for each side of the car. I assumed it was all mirrored this whole time.

ABS body? What are your thoughts on GSC's work compared to other brands?

I like how the livery uses two different facial expressions for each side of the car. I assumed it was all mirrored this whole time.

ABS body? What are your thoughts on GSC's work compared to other brands?

Resin body. That is your standard Sparks affair, that means if you don't mind decals, this is a very soild purchase.

Have you guys ever dealt with buying a race car model from the official site of the manufacturer and receiving the "wrong" model? But just number wise. It seems silly to complain, but I ordered from The Lexus Collection, the 1/18 Spark model of the #14 RC F GT3 car, but received the #12 car. When I ordered, the #14 was running low on stock (but still available), but the #12 was still available. I can only assume they ran out by the time my order was ready to ship, but I still feel a tad annoyed about that. Especially since after I ordered, the #14 model was still in stock.

I can't wait to see what some of you all splurged on today.

It seems silly to complain

While there are bigger worldly issues that are more important than a number printed on a big boy toy car, this is still a transaction you engaged in and didn't get what you asked for. I know you're not big on making a big fuss, but I'd reach out to them at least.

Back