GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
Well I would go for a Blue mirabeau for the exterior and full cuoio interior

Like that :

1k0jO

When I saw this on eBay, I knew I had to have it.
3X0xTSh.jpg

CQ6Sp7A.jpg

This model is so exclusive that is doesn't even appear on the Herpa website... You have to either buy one of these on board the aircraft or from the Singapore Airlines website. You can't just waltz into your local hobby shop and find one. The only Herpa branding you'll find is in the bottom right corner at the back of the box. That's it. Singapore Airlines had a regular service to Melbourne (pre COVID) and finally being able to find one of their aircraft in miniature is great. I shall display this proudly next to my equally special Cathay Pacific 777-300.

I took down my Maisto planes and am uncertain if I want to hang them up on my walls again.

Do you plan on putting those up on your walls somehow?

Never dealt with GSP. Hated paying the extra when sellers really didn't have to use the program. Unless GSP for some reason requires that you ship it back, I wouldn't do it. The seller also submitted photos that they packed the item properly, meaning the seller isn't claiming accountability for it. You should be looking to get in touch with eBay since they promised you the refund. Follow up with them. Call if you have to and get a case number each time you communicate with an agent. Get their name and date of when you spoken with them. If you do a live chat, get a copy of the transcript if possible (or copy & paste the text conversation. Screenshots are also good too). The last thing you want to put up with is the "we don't have record of this, we never said that" line. If they're professionals, this shouldn't be too bad, but cover yourself so that you have something to show and hold them accountable for what they said.

Keep us posted.
Almost a month on, and I finally got this sorted.

I contacted eBay, and they responded saying that they have given me the refund, and asked me to contact PayPal if the money's still nowhere to be found. They gave me PayPal's customer service email address (which is somehow not shown anywhere I can find on PayPal's website), which I used to contact PayPal. After 3 rounds of exchange in emails, I was asked to start an instant conversation online so they can verify that it's me who wanted to check on the status of the refunds. After several more rounds of exchange via PayPal's own instant messaging function, I finally got the message that the refunds were processed and sent to my card. But wait, I didn't see any payments made to my card, last time I checked? I checked my card's statement again, and finally figured out what happened. Turns out that PayPal has sent the refunds to my card a month ago, but my bank's credit card account aren't showing any of those records until the latest statement recording them comes out, hence why I'm only seeing those refunds on my card's statement just now, and the false impression that the refunds weren't credited to my card previously.

With that said, PayPal's (and eBay's) services aren't exactly impeccable. At the beginning of my email exchange with PayPal, I was told that I was not using the registered primary email address linked with my PayPal account to contact them, and so they cannot respond to my queries. But that exact same address was on the row denoting who the sender of the original copy was at the bottom of their response. Their website's design was also a bit non-intuitive, not only for the absent customer service email address as mentioned above, but also for the fact that the cross on the instant messaging tab actually ends the conversation entirely instead of just closing the tab. It also surprises me that eBay won't let me leave a feedback on the seller some time after I've asked for a return & refund through the Resolution Center, because the seller actually did a pretty good job in handling my queries and was quite cooperative throughout the Resolution Center process, and I'd have left a positive feedback if given the chance. But it was over 90 days since the transaction, so I'm probably at fault for not giving feedback earlier.

Okay, after all this crap-talking, I should probably give my opinion on GSP. Would I buy something that is only shipped via the program? If it's something ordinary and cheap, maybe, because I think you're gonna receive the item as long as you filled in the correct address, but I'm not sure about that. If it's a limited edition of something expensive, then probably not, because the process, from applying for a refund and return to confirming that you have received the refund, is quite tedious to me. If it's something that's also fragile, then there's even less of a reason to do so, because there's a high chance that the courier will break it during shipping. Item is broken, and you wanna return it for a refund? That's just gonna increase the chances of the item being further damaged. Although I probably shouldn't complain, considering that I don't have to return the item, and now have a free model car. :lol:

Some 1/18 and 1/24 additions:

^ Both of those are slightly damaged Franklin Mint 1/24's that I found out a flea market. They are fairly easily repairable though (missing exhaust tips and mirror on the GTO, missing driver's side windshield wiper on the C5)

Things have been really frustrating for me over the last few weeks. Pretty much all the model aircraft I've purchased have been refunded, all for different reasons. The only aircraft that's got to me in the last 3 months is the Singapore Airlines A350 I posted a little while ago. Thank god I manged to get that one, or I'd be even more upset.

Exhibit A: I purchased 3 model aircraft from an eBay seller in Germany back in May, early on during the lockdown period. They turned up just fine, despite taking a week longer than normal. I've posted them here and I think they're great. From this, I thought that my next order would also turn up just fine. I purchased 3 more aircraft on the 4th of June, but something must've changed at their end because they never showed up. The tracking number provided yielded absolutely no information, despite eBay saying that it'd been sent. I contacted the seller multiple times to figure out what was going on, but the communication was rather poor and nothing was followed up for me. I ended up cancelling the order and got a full refund. I'm not happy because the price was very reasonable and I don't know if I can find the aircraft elsewhere for a similar price. I've seen a few listings of the aircraft but the postage is ludicrous. I'm trying to find some alternatives a bit closer to home, but I might have to give it a rest. However if some new models pop up on AmiAmi, I'll probably jump on it because their service is second to none.

Exhibit B: Because my planes from Germany wouldn't show up, I decided to search for local listings within Australia as that would make things much easier in regards to postage. One of the planes in my order from Germany was a Lufthansa Airbus A321, and I found a Lufthansa Airbus A320 for sale from a hobby shop. I though brilliant, this will be a suitable replacement. However it got lost in transit. OK, I'll let that one slide and buy another. Turns out they had a listing for the exact same Lufthansa A321 in my original order from Germany - I instantly jumped on that after the other purchase was refunded. The next day, I got a message to say that it'd been broken and was no longer suitable for sale. Damn. That was also refunded. This news came after another plane I ordered was refunded (from the same shop!) for the same reason. What a joke. 3 strikes and you're out; I'll never buy from you again. How can things go soo badly when you're a business dedicated to selling all manner of models? I cannot believe my luck. Only 1 Herpa model has arrived at my door broken ever since I started buying them on eBay. That was an American Airlines 787-8 with a disconnected wing. I managed to fix that but I stuffed up the paint underneath and caused a bit of damage. What a shame to have trouble with all the models I ordered. Maybe they never had the models and had to make an excuse; making it look as though something had gone wrong - but I don't know.

Thank god for AmiAmi or else I'd go insane.

When you say marketplace, do you mean Facebook Marketplace?
Yea mate, Facebook marketplace. It’s very rare to get a good deal come up locally, especially for interesting stuff like this. You just gotta keep a close eye on it and jump when the opportunity arises.

The beauty of Marketplace over Facebook groups, gumtree, eBay, etc, is that the seller doesn’t necessarily know or care what something is worth. They just want it gone so they can renovate, move, etc.

The Porsche and Ford were both probably a quarter the price they should have been. The 1:43s less than half what I’d expect.

I think the lady was surprised when I didn’t haggle :lol:

Edit:
Another tip for marketplace. If you see something for sale you’re not necessarily interested in, but is similar to something you would be (eg a 1:18 model car you don’t want) click on it.

It uses algorithms to show you things it thinks you’ll like. If it knows you like 1:18 model cars, they’ll show up as soon as you open market place and (hopefully) you’ll see them before anyone else does. When the one you want appears, you’ll be the first to know.

Another trick is to change your location to other cities. Due to corona virus, sellers are more willing then ever to put items in the post instead of meeting up with strangers. Just drag the pin, and have a quick rummage through for anything you might be interested in.

I learnt that little trick from a guy I bought a 1:18 911 GT1 from. He had a very impressive collection (including 787B, TS020, R390 Autoart 1:18s..)
He said he’d spent many hours dragging the pin all over the world and had bought diecast cars from nearly every continent.

Last edited:
What's everyone's current fav scales to collect in? Mine would have to be 1/43. It's the perfect scale, and you usually have really good details the smaller scales lack, in there.

I'm currently looking at more Astons (forgive me), and even a few Ferrari's and Jags. This hobby can be very expensive.

EDIT - What are the current "news" sites for scale models? I would like to know if there are any plans to do a 1/43 scale 2018-2020 Lincoln Navigator.

Last edited:
I am mainly a 1/18 collector myself, though I do also collect in 1/43 and 1/64. Also have a small 1/24 collection of both diecasts and plastic kits.
Anyway some new additions...
Ignition Model 1/43 Porsche 930 and 1/18 Rocket Bunny FD3S RX-7:

1/18 Tecnomodel Gunnar-Porsche 966, ACME Dodge Challenger Trans-Am, and AUTOart Ford Focus RS

Someone finally caved and bought the CLDC Exclusive Chameleon FD!
I had been eyeing it up for months, and no one ever bought it. Figured I might as well get it to add to my spinny dorito collection. Plus the color is awesome :drool:
I regret not getting other IG 1/18 RX-7's though. Only have the metallic blue Re-Amemiya FD and the tuned black FC. I wish IG's wern't so exclusive sometimes...

Also a few bonus pics:

I wish IG's wern't so exclusive sometimes...

Scarce you mean. They make very little of each specific product. Really helps boost its resale value though! That's why people have been copping these up in the last 5 years.

Scarce you mean. They make very little of each specific product. Really helps boost its resale value though! That's why people have been copping these up in the last 5 years.
I really do wonder the production numbers, I assume a couple hundred of each color, but since they don't serialize the models, it is kinda hard to tell.
I know over the past 4 years I have only managed to get 5 1/18's and 5 1/43's I really wanted, and missed out on a lot more lol

I really do wonder the production numbers, I assume a couple hundred of each color, but since they don't serialize the models, it is kinda hard to tell.
I know over the past 4 years I have only managed to get 5 1/18's and 5 1/43's I really wanted, and missed out on a lot more lol

Standard runs are about 180-240. Hobbysearch usually has that number (and only them AFAIK for some reason).

The other day I was considering letting go of some more Ignitions I have to downsize. If you're in the market for more, DM me and I'll drop you a list.

Back