GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2021]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 328 comments

Please indicate your Carey'd status below - you can change your response once CAREYD

• Total voters
man down, man down.

here i was thinking i'd actually stand a chance this year with online christmas shoping. However today the Mrs was driving and i was the passenger. turnsout that with her key she's has her own radio prefferences. the rest is history i was out before the engine started.

man down, man down.

here i was thinking i'd actually stand a chance this year with online christmas shoping. However today the Mrs was driving and i was the passenger. turnsout that with her key she's has her own radio prefferences. the rest is history i was out before the engine started.
Didn't you tell her you're trying to avoid that song?

TB
If she's like my wife, that's a challenge for her. Just this morning I was met with another "I'm gonna get you."
I daren't tell my wife for this exact reason. I'd be out straight away. It'd be her new morning alarm tune.

Sometimes I think I married the devil 👹 .

Last edited:
I daren't tell my wife for this exact reason. I'd be out straight away. It'd be her new morning alarm tune.

Sometimes I think I married the devil 👹 .
I'm fairly certain my wife has no actual plans to do anything, she's just enjoying the mental anguish and torture. Sounds like I have a devil, too. :lol:

kjb
Luckily for me my wife is tired of that song as well so I might have some help. My children however not so sure :scared:
:scared:
Don't get to comfortable. I've been playing this game for many years now and if i'd learn one thing it's always gonna bite you in the ass when you least expect it. :lol::lol::lol:. Anyway best of luck.

Might not make through the day. We are putting up the Christmas tree and my wife wants to play Christmas music. I thought she was agreement with me but it was only for a day 😢😭

Screenshot_20211204-214531_Sony Rewards.jpg

Even here, the tag team is ever present.:nervous:

Made it through the weekend. We put up the Christmas tree and my oldest son thought he would get me when he used a Christmas playlist on Pandora. Fortunately it was a classic list with songs from the 50-60s. Went to Walmart yesterday and they were playing Christmas music but luckily for me no Mariah Carey.

I have my Jebus tree, all the bells, balls and lights, my radio station has the top 4000 running. I can go grocery shopping with my own music in my ears. The only thing that can get me if that diseased app called tiktok decides that it's time for 50 billion clips of the same with Mariah singing. And perhaps a commercial on tv.

I'm out.
Was driving home from grocery shopping with my wife when she complained that we "always have to listen to those metal albums" and if we couldn't turn on the radio instead. So I switched to radio and sure enough, Maria's blasting that infamous chorus right into my ears. :crazy:

Last edited:
The music system at work is fixed, and I now have confirmation that it's playlist based. I know this because it would play four holiday songs, go quiet for about a minute, then start up with the usual non-holiday songs, which I guess is the failover for when something acts up. Then halfway through the third song of that list, it abruptly cuts back to the holiday songs and plays the same four in the same order. And repeats the cycle.

Over. And over.

And over.

I feel like this is a nasty plot to make me actually want them to play The Poison Song just to keep my sanity from completely eroding.

The music system at work is fixed, and I now have confirmation that it's playlist based. I know this because it would play four holiday songs, go quiet for about a minute, then start up with the usual non-holiday songs, which I guess is the failover for when something acts up. Then halfway through the third song of that list, it abruptly cuts back to the holiday songs and plays the same four in the same order. And repeats the cycle.

Over. And over.

And over.

I feel like this is a nasty plot to make me actually want them to play The Poison Song just to keep my sanity from completely eroding.
Its Mariah, she's cleverly eroding away whatever sense of rationale you have left.

Last edited:
I'm out. I was playing with fire going to Walmart and I got burned as I was checking out. Lesson learned next year no Walmart guring the holidays 🤣

Still haven't heard any trace of [REDACTED] yet, but I swear there are a lot more covers of it this year than there were last year. It's like they just replaced all the mediocre to bad covers of Last Christmas that were everywhere with subpar to terrible covers of [DATA EXPUNGED]. And when I say terrible, I mean it sounds like they're just putting the words to a completely different melody.

Back